Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious how an electronic device will protect other electronics from an attack that is designed to destroy electronics?
Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If you're really worried about electromagnetic interference disabling your modern car, preventing you from driving down to the Cracker Barrel after a full-on nuclear barrage that was close enough to hit you with an emp but not so close all of your local infrastructure and commerce is still in tact and fully functioning..

The only option is a vehicle without any (complicated) electronics:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/163-1404-old-diesels-allow-radio-silence-at-nrao/

Ford Bronco EMP Shield Install? holdon-wait
My solution is a 1980 International Scout.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you have a faraday cage around your profile picture which is why it only shows up as a shadow guy.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

O how I love the internet! Just about the time I have convinced myself something is seriously wrong with me, I read stuff like this and suddenly I feel ok.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤔 adding something to protect something that doesn’t work right from the start. Think I’m done with the internet for today.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's my I have a '75. My '22 will be a paper weight. But then again, the whole subject is silly.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did I really just click on this!? 🤣😂

Oceanfabreze

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Theres so much bad information out there on this subject. First and foremost, THESE UNITS WILL NOT PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE FROM E1 OR E2 PULSES. Sure a weaponzied HEMP or nuke is possible, but if thats the case, you have alot more to worry about than your vehicle starting. E3 pulses, which are most likely to happen wont affect anything on the planet but our "temporary" and fragile infrastructure. All vehicles and small electronics wont be affected. No, tires alone or the chassis wont provide adequate protection in the event of an actual EMP or HEMP. Nor will grounding your frame, on the contrary that will just essentially create a big antennae to conduct the surge. The only practical way to protect your vehicle from all types of EMP scenarios is to park it inside a grounded faraday cage. like a steel or double walled aluminum garage with no seems or openings. This isnt practical for most people, so the next best option is to do what the military does to protect mobile vehicles from EMPs. This is an extremly invloved and expensive route, but the only thing that could hold a candle to such an event. Check the PDF here..

https://www.spiritelectronics.com/pdf/White-Paper-Land-Vehicles.pdf

For all the information you could ever need on EMPs, check out this CREDIBLE source. Filled with factual information on this vast subject.

http://www.futurescience.com/emp/index.html

Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited: