banjo5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I'm a first time Bronco owner. I've typically owned F150s, now an F250 which is my daily driver. I will not be going for the big ticket mods like bigger tires, changing shocks etc. I don't plan to keep it a pavement princess but it won't be replacing my Honda Pioneer 1000 as a new $60k UTV either. I plan to do some off-roading but not sure yet what I would want to change from stock for my needs so time will tell. I'm curious if there are some no-brainer mods to the Bronco that everyone seems to think are nice. I'm starting simple but thinking about adding some addon-on steps for the rock rails to help my wife get in and out a little easier. I'd also consider the Ford performance tune if that makes a noticeable difference in power, shifting and responsiveness. I do plan on making the popular tweaks via FORScan that I do with all my Fords assuming Ford hasn't limited us any on the 2024s. I'm excited to explore all of the options available for upgrades and I understand that how one plans to use the Bronco makes a huge difference on how to proceed with mods/upgrades. I'm just interested if there some common mods people are doing that maybe I haven't even thought about. The fun begins soon. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Off the lot you might want to first focus on mods that “protect”, things like mud flaps, floor mats, ppf, ceramic coating etc. Beyond that you’ll get a 1000 opinions. The Badlands is very capable out of the box and it would probably best to drive it a bit and see how you really use it. I did the FP tune on my 2.3 and it really woke it up. My favorite mod is the Bestop Trektop on my 2 door, it completely transformed the Bronco experience. Whatever you do you can’t go wrong. Enjoy your new ride!

OP
OP

banjo5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely explore all the other forums for interior/exterior mods that others have done for some ideas. It is just interesting to see what others do immediately to their new Bronco.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I'm a first time Bronco owner. I've typically owned F150s, now an F250 which is my daily driver. I will not be going for the big ticket mods like bigger tires, changing shocks etc. I don't plan to keep it a pavement princess but it won't be replacing my Honda Pioneer 1000 as a new $60k UTV either. I plan to do some off-roading but not sure yet what I would want to change from stock for my needs so time will tell. I'm curious if there are some no-brainer mods to the Bronco that everyone seems to think are nice. I'm starting simple but thinking about adding some addon-on steps for the rock rails to help my wife get in and out a little easier. I'd also consider the Ford performance tune if that makes a noticeable difference in power, shifting and responsiveness. I do plan on making the popular tweaks via FORScan that I do with all my Fords assuming Ford hasn't limited us any on the 2024s. I'm excited to explore all of the options available for upgrades and I understand that how one plans to use the Bronco makes a huge difference on how to proceed with mods/upgrades. I'm just interested if there some common mods people are doing that maybe I haven't even thought about. The fun begins soon. :)
hey fellow NC Bronco owner, welcome! Not sure if you are aware but there is a company that makes great Bronco mods right here in our home state. Check out https://mountains2metal.com/bronco-6g/ . They have a lot of cool stuff, much of which I have. They even make bolt on side steps for the rock rails like you mentioned, here is a direct link. https://mountains2metal.com/BR6SS-SK/

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For easy and inexpensive, hood struts are one of my favorite upgrades.

Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First thing I did to mine was install steps for my very short wife. Second was those Jeep style grab handles above the doors. Those make a big difference.

If you don't have the factory floor liners, get a good set. Mine are 3W, but there are lots of others to choose from as well. A cargo mat is nice but not as crucial as floor liners. A console vault was another early mod I did. Nice to leave a few valuables or a handgun in when necessary.

On my first one I added a Ford Molle gate panel to the tailgate. Never really used that, though.

I'm doing all these same to my new Wildtrak with the exception of the molle panel and steps. The Wildtrak came with factory hoop steps, and they are pretty nice.

OP
OP

banjo5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hood struts for sure and go ahead and get front mud flaps now if you are even thinking about getting some... your paint will thank you.
Thanks. It still baffles me that manufacturers are not including hood struts on many vehicles now. I know it saves them money but still crazy to me. I'll definitely get a set of those. I did read a lot about mud flaps being a huge benefit so will figure out a solution for that too. I want to find a solution that protects the lower body but still looks good on the Bronco.

OP
OP

banjo5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First thing I did to mine was install steps for my very short wife. Second was those Jeep style grab handles above the doors. Those make a big difference.

If you don't have the factory floor liners, get a good set. Mine are 3W, but there are lots of others to choose from as well. A cargo mat is nice but not as crucial as floor liners. A console vault was another early mod I did. Nice to leave a few valuables or a handgun in when necessary.

On my first one I added a Ford Molle gate panel to the tailgate. Never really used that, though.

I'm doing all these same to my new Wildtrak with the exception of the molle panel and steps. The Wildtrak came with factory hoop steps, and they are pretty nice.
Good idea on the grab handles and I am definitely going to get some bolt on steps for the rock rails on the Badlands.

Sponsored

Towerism

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands 4D 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up my 2024 Badlands 2 days ago. Forscan didn't initially recognize it, but I contacted support and they sent me a test build that worked. Disabled double honk and auto start/stop, and enabled Sport mode.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 1 week in - so I'm an expert :ROFLMAO: . Here have been my important initial must-haves for my own needs (2 door BL):

- IAG offroad front mud flaps

- Ceramic and XPEL paint protection

- Tuxmat front and backset floor mats - bought these based on comments on this forum. Perhaps the best interior front floor coverage I've ever seen and not hard plastic. Main concern was whether these mats work with manual and my size 13 feet wearing boots in winter. So far so good...

- IAG paracord front seat grab handles. Even at 6'5"with the BL non-SAS at a perfect entry height, nice to have something to hold when sliding in.

- DV8 front license plate mounting bracket (centered and low below all sensors and air
flow)

- Others are just cosmetic due to personal taste - Ford Performance smoked oval rear badge and matte Bronco badge for the rear. Removed the Badlands fenders srickers.....waiting on custom AR badges

And congrats!

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Picked up my 2024 Badlands 2 days ago. Forscan didn't initially recognize it, but I contacted support and they sent me a test build that worked. Disabled double honk and auto start/stop, and enabled Sport mode.
Those are exactly all I want to mess with with forscan were they all in plain English or did you have to mess with the coding

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a ton of threads here on that topic, and dozens of YouTube videos. Search is your friend.
Sponsored