Sponsored

Everybody PLEASE Be Calm. This is only the beginning.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, but OP isn’t saying you can’t discuss those legitimate gripes. He’s just trying to reduce the amount of chicken little syndrome going on. I mean there’s a 12 page thread going on over people freaking out about how the rear seats fold down in the 2door because a youtuber made a quarter-assed attempt to fold them down.
I suppose. I got a bit of a different reading from it, but I hesitate to shit on folks using a forum as a forum--as silly as it is.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean there’s a 12 page thread going on over people freaking out about how the rear seats fold down in the 2door because a youtuber made a quarter-assed attempt to fold them down.
the youtuber f'd it up...BUT the reality is FAR from ideal....once you fold the seats as intended, you wind up with a 2-tiered loadfloor, with headrests sticking up in the air. The cargo tray may improve that somewhat, but costs you 3-4" of vertical space.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone just relax. Here's the smooth sounds of saxsquatch to help your mello...

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the youtuber f'd it up...BUT the reality is FAR from ideal....once you fold the seats as intended, you wind up with a 2-tiered loadfloor, with headrests sticking up in the air. The cargo tray may improve that somewhat, but costs you 3-4" of vertical space.
Oh yes totally. And that’s one of those legitimate gripes I’m talking about. (Im surprised a bit that Ford couldn’t engineer a completely fold flat floor in the 2door without the tray) I’m referring to the people still questioning how the folding system works after a Bronco insider explained it because they would rather believe that video.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...6 seats don’t fold flat.
I think there’s more to the story. I think you have to do multiple steps to get the seats flat. On my 2005 Focus you had to fold the seat bottoms forward then the backs down to get them to fold completely flat. It looks like those seats have more to offer....
My 2017 Escape I have to fold the headrests all the way forward to get the seats to fold flat. It looks like the same thing on the 2dr videos posted.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yes totally. And that’s one of those legitimate gripes I’m talking about. (Im surprised a bit that Ford couldn’t engineer a completely fold flat floor in the 2door without the tray) I’m referring to the people still questioning how the folding system works after a Bronco insider explained it because they would rather believe that video.
See that makes sense (it being a bit overblown based on the YT video). However, I’m a big believer in the consumer having as much information as possible and I think a lot of the “chicken little” stuff in OP is just symptomatic of Ford not providing enough info. Hell, OP’s defense of no Mansquatch is more of a defense than Ford themselves have given (to date, the defense/explanation is non existent). So to that end, making noise is better than staying silent.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that's a legitimate gripe at all unless complaining about not getting 4x8 sheets of plywood in my Mustang convertible is a legitimate gripe too or complaining about the tow rating of a Prius.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that's a legitimate gripe at all unless complaining about not getting 4x8 sheets of plywood in my Mustang convertible is a legitimate gripe too or complaining about the tow rating of a Prius.
I assume the seats can come out, but that’s just an assumption (maybe even a well-founded one).

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See that makes sense (it being a bit overblown based on the YT video). However, I’m a big believer in the consumer having as much information as possible and I think a lot of the “chicken little” stuff in OP is just symptomatic of Ford not providing enough info. Hell, OP’s defense of no Mansquatch is more of a defense than Ford themselves have given (to date, the defense/explanation is non existent). So to that end, making noise is better than staying silent.
Yes *nod’s head in agreement* This all stems back to a point I’ve made in a few other threads. That Ford completely botched this reveal, at least for people like us, by not giving up a 30-45 reveal video showing us the technical info and details. They left so much up to the imagination when they could have done a regular reveal with a guy on a stage pointing things out.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That Ford completely botched this reveal
EVERYTHING about the reveal/reservation process sucked. And that all occurred on the most important night for the most important new vehicle Ford has offered. So...draw your own conclusions.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Coyote is a great motor no doubt. But its powerband isn't exactly ideal for a heavy SUV. And with its overhead cams it's wiiiiide. The 392 is much more similar to an LS in size so it's a more reasonable proposition to fit into the Wrangler. The aftermarket can promise a 5.0 swap all they want but until the get their hands on a Bronco (or CAD models of one from Ford) it's all guesswork at this point if one can even be shoved in between the strut mounts. Then you've got to have enough airflow to and around it to actually make the thing stay cool and live.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I assume the seats can come out, but that’s just an assumption (maybe even a well-founded one).
Well I think quite a few people on here would disagree with you on that. I mean just thinking about loading up the Bronco with things like coolers, camping equipment, etc is going to be a lot harder without a fold flat floor.(But I guess we can always pay more for the tray. And again lose that vertical space.)

I wouldn’t be so sure on the seats being easily removable either. That same insider said he’s not 100% certain but that he doesn’t think they are designed to come out easily. But I guess you could always remove it at the bolts(but then you have the footwell crater)

But really a lot of this is pre-mature. Thanks to fords awesome reveal there is so much we don’t know.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes *nod’s head in agreement* This all stems back to a point I’ve made in a few other threads. That Ford completely botched this reveal, at least for people like us, by not giving up a 30-45 reveal video showing us the technical info and details. They left so much up to the imagination when they could have done a regular reveal with a guy on a stage pointing things out.
And then there wouldn't be all this noise....noise is good marketing

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EVERYTHING about the reveal/reservation process sucked. And that all occurred on the most important night for the most important new vehicle Ford has offered. So...draw your own conclusions.
Yup. Also, the fact that so much of the official documentation included incorrect/inaccurate/false info, I'm a bit surprised that we aren't seeing more "chicken little" type threads. Ford deserves all the fury in the world if they want to separate folks from their money based on wrong/incomplete info.
Sponsored