DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good product but you are just throwing money away if you can't put more power to the rear.

Combing through most of the threads over several months...no one (including myself) has with 100% success corrected (with forscan or an inline amp) the low signal to the rear to say match what the front is putting out.....until then, this is just a 6.5 that barely whispers in your ear...

Perhaps only the ford soundbar flash works as that is the only thing I haven't been able to test....
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't follow what you mean by no success correcting a low signal to the rear? I agree that trying to use forscan to "open" or "get a full range to the rears" is not a great solution and probably a waste of time if you are trying to build a complete system.

However, adding an amp that receives a full range signal (especially if you include a DSP) should allow you to do whatever you want with levels anywhere, front, rear or sub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/#post-1398035
Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't follow what you mean by no success correcting a low signal to the rear? I agree that trying to use forscan to "open" or "get a full range to the rears" is not a great solution and probably a waste of time if you are trying to build a complete system.

However, adding an amp that receives a full range signal (especially if you include a DSP) should allow you to do whatever you want with levels anywhere, front, rear or sub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/#post-1398035
Nice job on the build. You mention you got the signal from the headunit? Which channel/speakers did you tap into? Also you mention you lost the ability to fade. I think pulling everything from the front channel is a cure, I'm just mentioning pulling any signal from the rears.

So for me and others....At least going the more popular/minimally invasive kicker key route and keeping the channels... and even turning up the rear gain...it doesn't do much. You can fader back to the rear and it sounds like a cleaned up not very loud FM radio.

The head unit (in the non BO) is limiting what the inline amp can amplify to the rear as well. Amp/DSP is just building off and cleaning up whatever the head unit is providing to the rear which is not much. So you can build off some available highs or mid range but don't expect any punch from a 6.5 where its never getting any lows in the first place....ya can't create bass from a pre filtered signal.

I would like somebody to get it figured out....its just that the head unit seems to be the culprit and a software flash seems to be a possible cure to quote others "open up full range to rear speakers".

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job on the build. You mention you got the signal from the headunit? Which channel/speakers did you tap into? Also you mention you lost the ability to fade. I think pulling everything from the front channel is a cure, I'm just mentioning pulling any signal from the rears.

So for me and others....At least going the more popular/minimally invasive kicker key route and keeping the channels... and even turning up the rear gain...it doesn't do much. You can fader back to the rear and it sounds like a cleaned up not very loud FM radio.

The head unit (in the non BO) is limiting what the inline amp can amplify to the rear as well. Amp/DSP is just building off and cleaning up whatever the head unit is providing to the rear which is not much. So you can build off some available highs or mid range but don't expect any punch from a 6.5 where its never getting any lows in the first place....ya can't create bass from a pre filtered signal.

I would like somebody to get it figured out....its just that the head unit seems to be the culprit and a software flash seems to be a possible cure to quote others "open up full range to rear speakers".
I grabbed the signal for both front and rear from the head unit. From what the DSP RTA and audio RTA is showing, the fronts have a decent signal but the rear is significantly attenuated by the head unit factory setting. I summed all of the channels together (just because I could), but using only the front channels to power all four corners and a sub gives a good signal.

Depends on what you want to achieve. I am using co-axial 4" in the rear as they give me plenty of rear fill to round out the stage that is built for front seats.

If I was going to go for the simplest possible build, I would just use the front left and right signal to send to all 4 corners and sub. Even a Kicker Key amp will probably do OK, although I can't comment on what the auto DSP tuning they use is going to do or how the pre-made harnesses route the signals.

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Mabett - Any update on these? I'm definitely interested too!

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id buy in a heartbeat! Bring it!

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good product but you are just throwing money away if you can't put more power to the rear.

Combing through most of the threads over several months...no one (including myself) has with 100% success corrected (with forscan or an inline amp) the low signal to the rear to say match what the front is putting out.....until then, this is just a 6.5 that barely whispers in your ear...

Perhaps only the ford soundbar flash works as that is the only thing I haven't been able to test....

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...sured-flat-front-rear-forscan-settings.50301/

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't do much on FB besides stalk marketplace for deals. I did join the Mabett group to see the different stuff he's thinking of developing for the Broncos. (It was late, I was a few drinks in and I was bored - sue me).

But these?

289478616_570951327991878_4183165877157606218_n.jpg

289525769_570951081325236_4290214200489480591_n.jpg

289539209_570951104658567_5728932895799899117_n.jpg

289862780_570951441325200_8467384298490444228_n.jpg

Of course I saw these immediately after I broke down and ordered 4" replacement speakers for the rear.
Haha that’s my house! I tested and installed those kicker speakers 😂

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Mabett have a price on these yet? I was about to pull the trigger on 2 sets of Alpine S-S40s but will just order 1 set for now.

I put those up front. The Alpine S-40's. Very nice really. I may try some bass blockers on them. They handle really well until I get over 25 on the volume.

If I get bored I may and try to find a nice 6.5 mid-bass driver for the kicks. Something with no tweeter. I got what I want from the Alpine's.

If the rear sound can be fixed at some point, I would love to get a set of this pods and get something in the back too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put those up front. The Alpine S-40's. Very nice really. I may try some bass blockers on them. They handle really well until I get over 25 on the volume.

If I get bored I may and try to find a nice 6.5 mid-bass driver for the kicks. Something with no tweeter. I got what I want from the Alpine's.

If the rear sound can be fixed at some point, I would love to get a set of this pods and get something in the back too.
I did not add bass blockers to mine as I swear they had some already from the factory. I could be totally wrong though. I'm also apprehensive about removing grill covers again. I broke a driver's side clip and ended up replacing the cover for $20. The passenger side popped off super easy though.

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do have bass blockers from the factory. Not sure the capacitor value. It's hard to see. I will try and pull one apart tomorrow.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be in for the 6.5" rears from Mabette as well. Will they have enough air space for some mid bass?