Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the pods point the speaker in a different direction to stock (e.g. more toward the front than original)? I can see some non-amplified benefits if that's the case.
They point the same direction as the stock pods.
Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I completely replaced my B&O system. The rear pods are now full range.
So stock B&O doesn’t have full range to the rears? I thought this was only an issue with the standard system?

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So stock B&O doesn’t have full range to the rears? I thought this was only an issue with the standard system?
Stock B&O rears have 0 difference from the base system.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stock B&O rears have 0 difference from the base system.
So everyone that has been using forscan to get full range out of the rears on the standard system, this is possible and would benefit the B&O system too? I was under the impression this wasn’t necessary.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So everyone that has been using forscan to get full range out of the rears on the standard system, this is possible and would benefit the B&O system too? I was under the impression this wasn’t necessary.
I have same question as my Mabbetts just showed up and had kick panel speakers I decided not to change to put in. If the same as Base then how do you add an amp just to them while other B&O amp controls the fronts?

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can’t speak to the Forscan change on B&O, just that the rears are the same speakers and ran off the stock unit, not the amp.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got the Mabett pods in this weekend. End result was great, but....

We gotta talk about the install. If you have a soft top, it's going to be a very easy install. 15-20 mins tops. If you have a hard top, it's strongly recommended to take the rear panel off, as the bolts are directly under it. And - if you're like me and you have a hard top AND an aftermarket roof rack that doesn't permit the rear panel to be removed (Trailrax in my case), the install is going to be VERY difficult.

Took me about 2 hours total to get everything installed. Toughest part was working with the mounting plates that attach to the roll bar - they sit directly under the rear panel, so it took a long time to work out the torx screws with my wrench. That's another point - the Mabett video shows Phillips-head screws as the top screws on the mounting plate - they are T30 Torx screws. Plan accordingly!

In my case, I ended up taking off the front and middle panel so I could at least have a visual reference on the mounting plates. I then took the entire plates off the roll bar and first attached the mounting plates to the new pods, and then attached the entire assembly back to the roll bar. Due to the lack of clearance, I had to take my time and wrench very slowly.

Once the pods were installed, I added Dynamat and polyfill, and then wired up my speakers. I went with Audison APX 65s. I had the Saleen rear pod adapters from an early install, and they worked great.

End result - looks and sounds great! Pods are built very solid and, not including the top mount drama, installation was straightforward. I have a Kicker Key amp powering my front/rear channels, but I decided against using their DSP tune (tried it, not a fan). Instead, I used Forscan to flatten the EQ and restore low end to the rear speakers. Difference is substantial - lots of rear fill now and proper full range on front and rear channels. I'm finally enveloped in sound! Much fuller response all around as well.

Highly recommended the Mabett pods - just know what you're getting into if you have a hard top or roof rack. To be fair, you'll run into this issue with any aftermarket pods, but still something to be aware of.

Umichigan1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the install is going to be VERY difficult.

Took me about 2 hours total to get everything installed. Toughest part was working with the mounting plates that attach to the roll bar - they sit directly under the rear panel, so it took a long time to work out the torx screws with my wrench. That's another point - the Mabett video shows Phillips-head screws as the top screws on the mounting plate - they are T30 Torx screws. Plan accordingly!
Not shocked. Aftermarket outfits have limited budgets. They test with what's in the shop (often on vehicles that have already suffered through prototype builds). On top of that they have to rush to market to satisfy the voracious consumer. Along the way, screws fall out, get lost. The world is an imperfect place. That's why it used to be conventional wisdom that you should never buy a 1st year production vehicle.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

We gotta talk about the install. If you have a soft top, it's going to be a very easy install. 15-20 mins tops. If you have a hard top, it's strongly recommended to take the rear panel off, as the bolts are directly under it. And - if you're like me and you have a hard top AND an aftermarket roof rack that doesn't permit the rear panel to be removed (Trailrax in my case), the install is going to be VERY difficult.

In my case, I ended up taking off the front and middle panel so I could at least have a visual reference on the mounting plates. I then took the entire plates off the roll bar and first attached the mounting plates to the new pods, and then attached the entire assembly back to the roll bar. Due to the lack of clearance, I had to take my time and wrench very slowly.

Once the pods were installed, I added Dynamat and polyfill, and then wired up my speakers. I went with Audison APX 65s. I had the Saleen rear pod adapters from an early install, and they worked great.

End result - looks and sounds great! Pods are built very solid and, not including the top mount drama, installation was straightforward. I have a Kicker Key amp powering my front/rear channels, but I decided against using their DSP tune (tried it, not a fan). Instead, I used Forscan to flatten the EQ and restore low end to the rear speakers. Difference is substantial - lots of rear fill now and proper full range on front and rear channels. I'm finally enveloped in sound! Much fuller response all around as well.

Highly recommended the Mabett pods - just know what you're getting into if you have a hard top or roof rack. To be fair, you'll run into this issue with any aftermarket pods, but still something to be aware of.
Are the pods substantially bigger? I have a Raptor with the rear brace and not much extra clearance.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are the pods substantially bigger? I have a Raptor with the rear brace and not much extra clearance.
They're about an inch deeper and 1 5/8" wider at their widest point. Overall height seems to be the same since they match up with the factory mounting points.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're about an inch deeper and 1 5/8" wider at their widest point. Overall height seems to be the same since they match up with the factory mounting points.
Hope you blasted some Radiohead out of them! Kudos to your handle.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What ForScan did you do to flatten out the EQ, and to get low end to the rear speakers? I would like to do the same, not sure if you have B&O or if it even matters. I have B&O and would love to make sure I am getting full range sent to the rear speakers.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs