First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know if 6 3/4" speakers fit the pods?
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone put these in without doing the Forscan change and noticed a difference? I do have the kicker key amp but really didnt notice any improvement in the stock rear speakers. I left my rear speakers stock with the consideration of doing this upgrade in time.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mabett 6.5" Rear Speaker Pods Available Now!

These custom-molded speaker enclosures from Mabett let you install the 6.5” speakers of your choice in your Bronco's rear of the factory roll cage
  • Installs on the rear of the factory roll cage using factory mounting locations
  • One pair (left and right) pods
  • High-quality and UV-protected ABS plastic
  • Bolt-in installation means no cutting and no hassles
  • Fits 6.5” speakers
Just yesterday, all the Rear Speaker Pods arrived at my warehouse in California. I originally planned to send them to the Amazon warehouse before selling them, but if I do as I say, it will have to be delayed by at least half a month

So I plan to ship directly from the warehouse in California, don't worry about the delivery time, after everyone places an order, I will ship within 48 hours, delivered by UPS or FedEx

Buy "6.5" Rear Speaker Pods" directly for $169.99 via this link: https://www.amazon.com/promocode/A2B4B6P2QROLWZ

Only available for 4-door, 2-door version will be released in a month

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
So the promo is no longer active. I joined the FB group with no response yet... I can't find them on the Amazon Mabett page.. How do I explore getting a pair of these pods? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone put these in without doing the Forscan change and noticed a difference? I do have the kicker key amp but really didnt notice any improvement in the stock rear speakers. I left my rear speakers stock with the consideration of doing this upgrade in time.
No amp is going to help overcome the head unit trimming the low range off the rear speaker channel. Considering that the low end is what’s likely to improve the most when going from 4” to 6.5”, I’d say the Forscan changes are a must. I haven’t done this install myself yet but I’m assuming that’s the case.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know if 6 3/4" speakers fit the pods?
I'm curious on this as well. Anyone know?
I have a Kicker Key with the stock 4" speakers too. No real improvement. I'm going to start with replacing the rear 4" stock speakers with Kicker KS hooked up to the Kicker Key and see how that goes. Next step after that is to do the 6.5" pods with new 6.5" Kicker KS speakers. If that doesn't work, I guess all that leaves is Forscan.
So the promo is no longer active. I joined the FB group with no response yet... I can't find them on the Amazon Mabett page.. How do I explore getting a pair of these pods? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I bought them on Amazon with the discount and they just showed up today. I may not need them after all, and if I don't I'll sell you mine for exact cost of what I paid. I'm going to try swapping my stock 4" rears with 4" Kicker KS first (hooked up to my Kicker Key 200.4 amp). If I'm happy with my 4" speaker swap then I won't have a need for the Mabett 6.5" pods.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Kicker Key with the stock 4" speakers too. No real improvement. I'm going to start with replacing the rear 4" stock speakers with Kicker KS hooked up to the Kicker Key and see how that goes. Next step after that is to do the 6.5" pods with new 6.5" Kicker KS speakers. If that doesn't work, I guess all that leaves is Forscan.
I'd love to hear your feedback once you try those!

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm curious on this as well. Anyone know?

I bought them on Amazon with the discount and they just showed up today. I may not need them after all, and if I don't I'll sell you mine for exact cost of what I paid. I'm going to try swapping my stock 4" rears with 4" Kicker KS first (hooked up to my Kicker Key 200.4 amp). If I'm happy with my 4" speaker swap then I won't have a need for the Mabett 6.5" pods.
Hey Brad,
Sounds good. Although I want a set I hope they work out for you and sound much better. Please let me know. 😎

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Brad,
Sounds good. Although I want a set I hope they work out for you and sound much better. Please let me know. 😎
Well I installed my new Kicker KS 4" speakers in the rear. Actually only installed one because I wanted to hear the difference between a stock 4” and a Kicker KS 4”. I was fighting to hear a difference so I just stopped and cancelled that plan. Didn’t even want to continue trying both speakers and running DSP. So I’m going to keep the Mabett 6.5” pods and try that route.

Sponsored

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I installed my new Kicker KS 4" speakers in the rear. Actually only installed one because I wanted to hear the difference between a stock 4” and a Kicker KS 4”. I was fighting to hear a difference so I just stopped and cancelled that plan. Didn’t even want to continue trying both speakers and running DSP. So I’m going to keep the Mabett 6.5” pods and try that route.
I think that's the right call bud. Going from a 4" to a 6.5" will make a considerable difference as I am sure you know. Please let all of us know how they sound especially after tuning your DSP. I'm hoping Mabett responds timely regarding providing more of these larger rear pods or Metra is going to win the business. I already spoke to them and their 6.5" pods will be out in late January early Feb 2023. 😎

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In progress but Bday party for my daughter interrupted. Will give a report tomorrow once installed. Amazing how much larger 2.5 inches is. I know, there's a joke in there.

20221230_133046.jpg

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will have 3 4 inch Focals for sale, 2 slightly used if anyone is redoing the front speakers.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In progress but Bday party for my daughter interrupted. Will give a report tomorrow once installed. Amazing how much larger 2.5 inches is. I know, there's a joke in there.

20221230_133046.jpg
Well got them installed. This made a bigger difference in overall sound than all the other speaker mods for me. Super pumped. The B&O sounds great and has full sound going to the 6.5s. If you are on the fence, do it. If B&O, do this first amd then get better highs from front If you have the budget.

20221230_175606.jpg

20221230_180212.jpg

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well got them installed. This made a bigger difference in overall sound than all the other speaker mods for me. Super pumped. The B&O sounds great and has full sound going to the 6.5s. If you are on the fence, do it. If B&O, do this first amd then get better highs from front If you have the budget.

Ford Bronco Everyone needs to let him know these will sell - 6.5" Speaker pods for the rear 20221230_180212

Ford Bronco Everyone needs to let him know these will sell - 6.5" Speaker pods for the rear 20221230_180212
Did you have to update anything in Forscan for the B&O system? Or just swap out the rears?
Sponsored