Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I posed this question in an earlier thread, but thought it might make more sense as a new thread. Anyone used this Exoshield Windshield film? Is there any value and what is the cost? Looks to me it is just PPF / Xpel but for windshields. I will be a novice off-roader when I get this ride, but seeing threads where cracked windshields is somewhat common for the more upright windshields of off-road vehicles. Looking forward to getting this thing out in the woods, but want to protect it at least a little bit.

https://www.getexoshield.com/persona/adventurers
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not so much off-road where these windshields will have issues, it's highway driving with a billboard for a windshield. Jeeps are notorious for this (know from experience).

achris44

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17LC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I plan to have Exoshield applied when mine arrives. One thing to note is that part of their advertising centers around the "warranty" to replace your windshield if it cracks after Exoshield is applied. The warranty is actually a separate purchase from the Exoshield itself. Just make sure to talk to your installer about the actual costs and what is covered. At my installer the Exoshield is $369 but to actually have the warranty that covers windshield replacement if broken is an additional $250 and must be purchased at time of install.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember reading on a variety of car enthusiast forums about experiences with Exoshield and Diamond Shield products. In general, they're not inexpensive and need to be replaced every couple years or so. Depending on your own OCD tendencies, you'll need to get used to them not being perfectly optically correct and heaven forbid, there's a small piece of hair, lint or something you see under the film.

Basically, just an FYI. Cost of the film, replacing it more frequently than you may be originally led to believe, optical clarity, and any small imperfections that you may see under the film.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My tint shop, which Iā€™ve been using for a long time and I trust, said they donā€™t do it because it the tech isnā€™t quite there yet and the film will experience yellowing in a few months if the vehicle is outside a lot. They said they only ever see it on super cars that are garage/showroom kept.

if someone has a couple year of experience with one of these products on a Jeep Iā€™d love to hear their experience.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad they don't sell retail, no way would I pay that much for a relatively simple install.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have it on my Bronco, so far it has saved me from a rock strike, the product is a bit thicker than PPF and much more rigid. The rock only left a small dimple on the Exoshield after I wiped away the dust left from the impact, I need to put a hydrophobic substance on it to help with cleaning and to lessen the use of my wipers. I was told to make sure my wipers were clean and if they go bad to change them to avoid any streaking. I work for a shop so it was a sample roll that was shipped to us, not sure on the pricing but the process is tedious and time consuming. I will say that Iā€™m thankful for having it cause I would likely have a cracked windshield from that rock. Thatā€™s really all I know on it, Iā€™m just a lackey haha.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have it on my Bronco, so far it has saved me from a rock strike, the product is a bit thicker than PPF and much more rigid. The rock only left a small dimple on the Exoshield after I wiped away the dust left from the impact, I need to put a hydrophobic substance on it to help with cleaning and to lessen the use of my wipers. I was told to make sure my wipers were clean and if they go bad to change them to avoid any streaking. I work for a shop so it was a sample roll that was shipped to us, not sure on the pricing but the process is tedious and time consuming. I will say that Iā€™m thankful for having it cause I would likely have a cracked windshield from that rock. Thatā€™s really all I know on it, Iā€™m just a lackey haha.
Thanks for sharing from experience. Iā€™ve been meaning to research a bit more. I have System X glass and bug splatter wipes away easily.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a similar product on my Lincoln. I still got rock chips through the product. Eventually the windshield had such a bad haze on it, it always looked like it was coated in a layer of dust.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan to have Exoshield applied when mine arrives. One thing to note is that part of their advertising centers around the "warranty" to replace your windshield if it cracks after Exoshield is applied. The warranty is actually a separate purchase from the Exoshield itself. Just make sure to talk to your installer about the actual costs and what is covered. At my installer the Exoshield is $369 but to actually have the warranty that covers windshield replacement if broken is an additional $250 and must be purchased at time of install.
That is steep when many windshields are under $600 installed. With MN requiring insurance companies cover windshield replacement at a $0 deductible, Iā€™m out.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think having $0 deductible of windshield insurance would be the way to go. Can see it costing more than $5-$10 a month more.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think having $0 deductible of windshield insurance would be the way to go. Can see it costing more than $5-$10 a month more.
Insurance varies a lot by state and every metro areas within the same state. When we were in CA for 20 years, getting a zero deductible for your glass was very expensive, about $280/yr for our two vehicles. Our insurance went down about 30% when we moved to MN and glass coverage is included. Adding the Bronco to my USAA insurance was only $395/yr. , which I thought was super reasonable. My Tesla is a 2015 and costs $2,300/yr on our insurance. They are super expensive to repair if crashed and crazy expensive to insure.
Sponsored