Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read one post above....

We are talking about grid stability and reliability not spikes in power generated.

Also, in the article you linked, I'll just leave this here... " Thanks to the weather conditions in the first half of 2020, the share of renewables in the first six months even reached about 50 percent, "
I'm going to go ahead and assume they didn't jump from less then 18% to 50% because of nice weather. Again, you haven't really explained why widespread solar is unfeasible
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reserved a Tesla several years ago abs was not happy with the rollout price so I got my $1000 back. I recently test drove the Y buy it was too bouncy. I ended up buying a BMW again, and not a hatchback. Hoping the Lightning will be as awesome as I expect it to be.
Also have my Bronco build date, so that fulfills my need for a big dog friendly vehicle.
I want to like the Y but it’s just not for me. We’ll see how Rivian or a future electric Expedition or Wagoneer look like.
Hopefully Iowa has winterized those wind farms? I hate to see Iowans have the same problem Texas had with a deep freeze 🥶
Correct, Iowa has no issue with wind in the winter. Neither does Norway, nor the wind power at Antarctic research stations. Unfortunately in Texas our gas plants went offline bc the water needed for steam froze solid. Hard to cook water when there isn’t any. Had we spent the bare minimum on infrastructure we would have been fine. That’s deregulation for you.

Although Texas is a leader in wind totals our % is only around 20% renewables. Had the rest of the 80% been online there wouldn’t have been blackouts for days. Those who faired best had solar panels on their roofs. It was bright and sunny the morning we dipped to 7 F.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to go ahead and assume they didn't jump from less then 18% to 50% because of nice weather. Again, you haven't really explained why widespread solar is unfeasible
Ok, so you don't believe the article you used as a reference source. Again, you need to read the article I posted above, or watch the video posted below but you have to hear past their sugar coating of the truth.

I got the 42 percent figure for Iowa from here

https://www.eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=IA
OK, now find the methodology they used to get that number. And, yeah that site was linked in the previously posted article that started this conversation, it was a hyperlink embedded in the article.

Here is a primo example of what I mentioned above, people try to feed you crap with a smile on their face. This video plainly tells the viewer the problem is not solved but does it with a pleasant smile and kind voice, dare I say trying to fool the listener. I really liked the part where they bragged about the Texas grid, now this video was put out a year ago; well that did not age well.

Short story is there are real problems and very smart people are working on them, we just ain't there yet. If you want to live in a world of rainbows and unicorns by all means do, but the status of the real world is out there you just have to look for it behind all of the PR.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The debate of the future tech is good vs we aren’t there yet is dumb. Of course we aren’t there yet. We just started. Enjoy progress and the free market. The sun is free and will be for the next billion years or so.

I’m super excited for Gen4 nuclear especially the ones that utilize spent waste that’s in storage for fuel. If nothing else we should develop that technology to get rid of the current waste even if it’s a money loser.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so you don't believe the article you used as a reference source. Again, you need to read the article I posted above, or watch the video posted below but you have to hear past their sugar coating of the truth.

OK, now find the methodology they used to get that number. And, yeah that site was linked in the previously posted article that started this conversation, it was a hyperlink embedded in the article.

Here is a primo example of what I mentioned above, people try to feed you crap with a smile on their face. This video plainly tells the viewer the problem is not solved but does it with a pleasant smile and kind voice, dare I say trying to fool the listener. I really liked the part where they bragged about the Texas grid, now this video was put out a year ago; well that did not age well.

Short story is there are real problems and very smart people are working on them, we just ain't there yet. If you want to live in a world of rainbows and unicorns by all means do, but the status of the real world is out there you just have to look for it behind all of the PR.
The article doesn't say anything about Germany producing less then 18%

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don’t seem as concerned with the taxpayer handout to the oil and gas industry however? Not to mention the affects of climate change , wildfires, stronger hurricanes, flooding, etc. that FEMA has to come in and spend billions to rebuild communities.

https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fa...-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs
How are EV's going to help so called climate change, when the majority of electricity is generated from fossil fuels? Are you not concerned with the environmental damage caused by mining elements for EV batteries, and their toxic waste? EV's are not all rainbows and butterfly's.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully Iowa has winterized those wind farms? I hate to see Iowans have the same problem Texas had with a deep freeze 🥶
Texas didn't have problems with wind farms...
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ages-days-before-blackout-blamed-wind-anyway/

And to your other point about 'so-called climate change', Sure, believe it, or don't believe it, it really makes no difference to the earth. Maybe this whole climate change thing needs a good ol' marketing rebranding. We shouldn't be "Saving The Planet!", we should be saving ourselves.

As the prophet George Carlin once said: "The earth will shake off humans like a bad case of fleas."

The earth will still happily be orbiting the sun 500 or 1,000 years from now. The choice is up to people as to whether or not they want to be there too.

Last edited:

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And again with the insults, calm down and eat a cookie.
Again? Other than the previous post, when was I remotely insulting? And I don't appreciate you adding words to my previous post to make it look like it was something I wrote. I did not write "There is no such thing as so called climate change". Please don't exaggerate the facts to fit your narrative.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So please just leave our politics off the table for 10 minutes and watch this report by Racheal Maddow. Whether you like her or not she reported on a company we all support and love here. It made alot of good points and I hope will help center us as distinctly car centric country. Alot of us already know everything she says, but some dont and may be suprised. So please give this video a chance for a minute.

In all fairness I dont always find her reports or style great and she can have a tone I dont prefer. But honesty and fairness is important in journalism and she often shows it.

Remember this is about Ford, our future, and our country.
Pretty interesting insight. I cringed a little when she called the Bronco cute though.
Sponsored