Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all
I'm the new guy, I have a black diamond, with mod bumper, I did just get the fog light headlight switch ,but just for the front , is this plug in the front and did you need to change forscan?
Thanks and sorry if this has been covered a 1000 times before, just trying to catch up with everyone.
No worries. Iā€™m actually interested if they started wiring up newer models. What year is yours? It would run along the bottom of the bumper behind the tow hooks. Mine does not have it. I need to tap into the harness above the fender (on my to-do list over the next few weeks). Yes, you will need Forscan to make it operate correctly.
Iā€™m curious to this as well. I have a ā€˜23 Everglades arriving in the next week or so. Itā€™s a mid package with 12ā€ screen so not sure whatā€™s all there and whatā€™s not. Iā€™d really like to add the front and side cameras for 360 if possible.
The fog light connectors are part of the front park aid harness.
So if the vehicle is equipped with front park aid, then it will have the fog light connectors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fog light connectors are part of the front park aid harness.
So if the vehicle is equipped with front park aid, then it will have the fog light connectors.
Right. But, now that capable bumper is standard and includes fogs - do they omit that harness including C192 if equipped with the optional modular bumper?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right. But, now that capable bumper is standard and includes fogs - do they omit that harness including C192 if equipped with the optional modular bumper?
Thats what I was trying to explain.
For a modular bumper, It all depends on park aid.
If it has front park aid sensors, it has fog light connectors.
If it doesnā€™t have front park aid, it doesnā€™t get the harness at all, so it would not have fog light connectors.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats what I was trying to explain.
For a modular bumper, It all depends on park aid.
If it has front park aid sensors, it has fog light connectors.
If it doesnā€™t have front park aid, it doesnā€™t get the harness at all, so it would not have fog light connectors.
Black Diamond does not have park aid. But, has fog lights in the capable bumper. Modular bumper as an option since 2022 - no fog lights.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Black Diamond does not have park aid. But, has fog lights in the capable bumper. Modular bumper as an option since 2022 - no fog lights.
Exactly. No park aid, no fog light connectors with the modular bumper.
The capable bumper makes no difference. Once you switch to the optional modular bumper, which harness the vehicle comes with changes because now you no longer have fogs or park aid.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. No park aid, no fog light connectors with the modular bumper.
The capable bumper makes no difference. Once you switch to the optional modular bumper, which harness the vehicle comes with changes because now you no longer have fogs or park aid.
Thatā€™s what I was looking to confirm. So, they omit it. Itā€™s strange which wiring they keep in place and which they omit depending on options. Really annoying considering they left those holes in the modular bumper to install aftermarket fogs. Like, cā€™mon. Throw us a bone.

Right now Iā€™m currently trying to get a pre-prep kit model that came with a soft top to utilize the rear defrost on an acquired hard top. It seems like the wiring is in place from console to cargo - but, for some stupid reason the HVAC controls arenā€™t heating the grid with the mirror defrost button. So, some pins are missing or something.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thatā€™s what I was looking to confirm. So, they omit it. Itā€™s strange which wiring they keep in place and which they omit depending on options. Really annoying considering they left those holes in the modular bumper to install aftermarket fogs. Like, cā€™mon. Throw us a bone.
The reason itā€™s omitted is the way the harness is installed.
During assembly the harness is pre-installed onto the bumper before installation, then just connected to the rest of the front body harness when the bumper is being mounted. So if you option the modular bumper and you donā€™t have the options necessary for the harness, there is no reason for them to add it before install

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reason itā€™s omitted is the way the harness is installed.
During assembly the harness is pre-installed onto the bumper before installation, then just connected to the rest of the front body harness when the bumper is being mounted. So if you option the modular bumper and you donā€™t have the options necessary for the harness, there is no reason for them to add it before install
Thanks for the insight. That makes sense.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank god i found this thread... just ordered the parts as i have a badsquatch high package and believe the harness should be there in the bumper. Even if it isnt I am still going to figure out a way to use the factory fog switch once i get the new switch from tasca.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the capable bumper is standard for ā€˜22 BL & BD, I plan on getting that and buying the mod bumper after. That way the fog switch/BCM stuff is already done. I just have to hook the stock harness up to aftermarket fogs
I wound up optioning the mod bumper from factory.

added my own fogs and hooked them up to an aux switch

cshull

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL/2d/MT/High/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been addressed, is the wiring in the Mod bumper of the BL with the high package or just the lux package?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hella 2.7 Cubes with Deutsch adapters (thanks @4x4TruckLEDs.com !), and the -DC version of the headlight switch. Everything plugged right in and page 28 was the way! I need some 3/4" spacers, that'll allow me to move them up and tuck them into the opening a bit better, but I'll do that when I install my Hella 500s :cool:

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_20230305_135314
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_20230308_162209~2

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh crap! That adds to the pile. I assumed all MY2022 that come standard with capable bumper would have the wiring by default. I guess notā€¦so STD/MID Package + Modular Bumper is the problem child.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have fog lights on order and a Big Bend mid package with modular bumper and no connectors located by the tow hooks. Was hoping to install a factory switch to use for the fog lights. I'm wondering if there is somewhere else in the factory harness to tap in to do this. Can anyone help?
Sponsored