First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7 4 door hard top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So has anyone successfully wired up a set of Baja Design lights to work with the factory fog light switch? My Badlands is being built this week with the capable bumper and I already have a BAMF bumper with Baja Designs S4 Pro and S2 Sports on it. I would like to wire up the S2s to the factory fog light switch if possible.
Did you get it figured out?
Sponsored

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
if you get to this before I do be sure to snap a picture of the wire at c203 as this would help guys with base rigs or similar with out parking sensors or c192 to tap to.
I just cut them as they end there. Still had no luck dinging the spots and the puddle lights yet.

2E6500D5-5749-4AAF-86AB-EABA077959F6.jpeg

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally. Done. Got the front fog light switch going to a pair of amber lights in the front. I added the diode dynamic reverse pod bracket with ssc1 pros. The wiring ties into factory tail/brake reverse lights so when my headlight are on, the red backlight is on low. When I hit brakes, the red gets brighter. When I put it in reverse, the white comes on in full power (zone lighting also turns them on). The kicker is that thereā€™s a separate trigger input to turn on the white lights without being in reverse. I tapped into the white/blue wire in the door sill and ran that to the trigger wire. So I can turn on the white lights without being in reverse by hitting the rear fog light button. And the front/rear fog light icons on the dash work as expected.

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 2E6500D5-5749-4AAF-86AB-EABA077959F6
What is the part number for this switch panel? Alternatively, can someone share the part number for the switch panel that identical to this but just front fogs (not front/rear like this one)?

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally installed my switch - now just have to tap in to the factory wiring at c203ā€¦

I have a long day of electrical work ahead of me: SAE fogs, IAG interior lights, GMRS antenna, Kicker Key, NOCO Power Plug/Block Heater Cordā€¦at least I already mounted battery tender. I should probably order the ARB 12v Plug to alleviate the annoying limited Power Point Timeoutā€¦

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish there was a sticky for this. Maybe ModifyMike can update his original post with the pigtails we sell

CrystaLux WP 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Used for Baja Designs Lights (S1, S2, Squadron)

CrystaLux DT 2-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Used for Diode Dynamics Lights (and other lights with a 2-pin DT Connector such as Rigid Industries D-Series). This is for non-backlit SS3 lights from Diode Dynamics

CrystaLux DT 4-Pin to MX150 Pigtail, Pair (2021+ Ford Bronco w/HD Modular Bumper)

Used for Diode Dynamics SSC1/SSC2/SS3 (with backlighting) lights. Uses a 4-pin DT Connector. There is a short pigtail for the back-light control wire (which you'll need to extend IF you decide to utilize the back-light, to an upfitter switch)
Are these pigtails still expected to come back in stock early next week? Iā€™m like a kid in a candy shop waiting to install my SS3ā€™s šŸ˜…

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are these pigtails still expected to come back in stock early next week? Iā€™m like a kid in a candy shop waiting to install my SS3ā€™s šŸ˜…
That's the current ETA. In transit to us

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, just messaged you the same thing :ROFLMAO: I have a set of Hella cubes waiting

Bar

Black Diamond
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flip sent me pics of this as well and I must be blind. I didnā€™t see it, but I already had the 3 Baja Design lights installed - so, itā€™s a little tight. I pulled the end cap off and plan to get back in there.
I havenā€™t had a chance to go back to this project - but, the next two days are pretty open. Will report back on the switch too. My plan is to mess around in Forscan as well and setup Bambi mode of all goes as planned. I like being able to have the pods and high beams on at the same time on our dark roads.
Hi all
I'm the new guy, I have a black diamond, with mod bumper, I did just get the fog light headlight switch ,but just for the front , is this plug in the front and did you need to change forscan?
Thanks and sorry if this has been covered a 1000 times before, just trying to catch up with everyone.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone hooked up a full set of Oracle fog lights to the harness? Wondering if they pull too much amperage...

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all
I'm the new guy, I have a black diamond, with mod bumper, I did just get the fog light headlight switch ,but just for the front , is this plug in the front and did you need to change forscan?
Thanks and sorry if this has been covered a 1000 times before, just trying to catch up with everyone.
No worries. Iā€™m actually interested if they started wiring up newer models. What year is yours? It would run along the bottom of the bumper behind the tow hooks. Mine does not have it. I need to tap into the harness above the fender (on my to-do list over the next few weeks). Yes, you will need Forscan to make it operate correctly.

Bar

Black Diamond
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No worries. Iā€™m actually interested if they started wiring up newer models. What year is yours? It would run along the bottom of the bumper behind the tow hooks. Mine does not have it. I need to tap into the harness above the fender (on my to-do list over the next few weeks). Yes, you will need Forscan to make it operate correctly.
Mine is a 22 black diamond
Depending on weather, I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Mine is a 22 black diamond
Depending on weather, I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks
Iā€™m curious to this as well. I have a ā€˜23 Everglades arriving in the next week or so. Itā€™s a mid package with 12ā€ screen so not sure whatā€™s all there and whatā€™s not. Iā€™d really like to add the front and side cameras for 360 if possible.

YagersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you technically could. What I'm MORE curious about is the factory fog light switch.

So naturally Ford is not going to have a separate assembly line for HD Modular bumper trucks, and have a completely different wiring/dash, right? Soooo the trucks that have the plastic bumper with the factory fogs, they have a fog light switch I assume on the dash, right? What happens with a modular bumper truck? Is the factory fog light switch still there, but does nothing (which is weird) or did they remove it and put a DIFFERENT switch in? And what kind is it? Is there a blank plate there (like on the Tacomas, where they put a blank plate there).

Worst comes to worse you put an aftermarket rocker switch where that blank plate went (or get the factory one somehow, when you can get Ford parts, and wire it in to a relay as you stated). That frees up 1 upfitter since you now use a "factory" location for the fog.

Then you could do what you said, link the 2x S2 pairs to 1 upfitter (or use 2 upfitters so they are on their own, i mean choice is yours really).

The two trucks that stopped by our shop today both had modular bumpers and I never thought to check where the factory fog WOULD go. I should have! Next time for sure.

I actually like where you are going with this. WHY tie up an upfitter for a "fog" light that'll usually be on (on my raptor I always have an upfitter turned on for my fog light, it does seem pointless).

Naturally let us me know when you are ready to pull the trigger on that Baja kit and we'll hook you up
Hereā€™s a link to the switch

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...-headlamps-m2dz11654cc?c=cT1NMkRaLTExNjU0LUNC

YagersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to install the Baja Designs Foglight kit on my Bronco when it arrives. Trying not to take up three upfitter switches so my plan is to use one upfitter for the two smaller pods on each side and then using a factory fog light switch for the Amber fogs. Since my truck will have the modular bumper I know Iā€™ll have to swap in the switch but was curious to feedback. Couldnā€™t I wire that switch directly to the battery with a fuse and use an inline relay to control it via a trigger from the fog light switch. I would just have to figure how to get the foglight switch power if it doesnā€™t from the factory harness. Thanks!
hereā€™s a link to the switch

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...-headlamps-m2dz11654cc?c=cT1NMkRaLTExNjU0LUNC
Sponsored