First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what pins are used in the front fog light connector?
Sponsored

nineagel

Badlands
First Name
Oleg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2, Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, they are a Ford dealer and want to confirm you’re ordering the correct part for your vehicle. The next step is them telling you it’s the wrong switch because you don’t have fog lights and you’ll reply that you’re adding fog lights and understand that you’ll need to activate modules…then they will process the order. In reality it’s a great double check they provide.

Also, I don’t know why folks are so secretive with VINs. I can go to a dealer right now and take note of any number of VINs. If someone is going to grab your info there’s so many ways for them to do it.
Thanks for the info. Apparently this item is on back order with unknown eta.
As for vin-it is not a secret by itself. But when it is connected to a real person, address, phone, email it is different story. You are right there are many ways to grab personal info, but I personally don’t like to make it easier;)

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you! Let us know if you have any luck with the parts!
The switch issue is solved. I ordered the Switch ML3Z-11654-DA
IMG_0852.jpg

everything was correct except for the mirror light buttons were not there, I had these buttons instead.
IMG_0849.jpg

I was reading in this Thread about how they are on back order now and was stating to get P.O.ed that I had the wrong switch, but then I got to looking at the switch to see if there was anyway I could some how make it work. That Is when I noticed that the left buttons were a separate module that pluged in to the main switch. So I started taking the face plate off and was able to remove the buttons. i then replaced them with the buttons from my old switch.
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg

Volia I now have a functioning switch with the foglight button and the correct lamp buttons.
IMG_0848.jpg

I tested the functions and everything is working properly. All that is left to do is activate the foglight button once my BD light kit comes in.

IMG_0848.jpg
@Bee Bop, While your received switch was wrong , I like the way you achieved success. I have chased the correct BACK ORDERED assembly until I am satisfied there isn't one stuck on a shelf anywhere. ( I have checked all but the UK and waiting for the fellow I asked to respond). While chasing, I thought to reread your post and deliberately order the wrong part. I think that you backed into a great success story. great job!
As such, I ordered both the single as well as dual versions of the ML3Z-11654 - _ _ IE (-DA and -CA).
Both were in stock and shipped via USPS today. Just a little money to give it a shot and see If I can follow your path. THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
If I have any luck with the rear fog, it will be due to our friend D2dhanover. I appreciate his helping finding PIN #3 in the license plate light harness for me. While my Bronco isn't even built yet, It is scheduled and I hope to have made a little more progress by the time it gets here.

Thank you again!
George

Last edited:

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Bee Bop, While your received switch was wrong , I like the way you achieved success. I have chased the correct BACK ORDERED assembly until I am satisfied there isn't one stuck on a shelf anywhere. ( I have checked all but the UK and waiting for the fellow I asked to respond). While chasing, I thought to reread your post and deliberately order the wrong part. I think that you backed into a great success story. great job!
As such, I ordered both the single as well as dual versions of the ML3Z-11654 - _ _ IE (-DA and -CA).
Both were in stock and shipped vis USPS today. Just a little money to give it a shot and see If I can follow your path. THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
If I have any luck with the rear fog, it will be due to our friend D2dhanover. I appreciate his helping finding PIN #3 in the license plate light harness for me. While my Bronco isn't even built yet, It is scheduled and I hope to have made a little more progress by the time it gets here.

Thank you again!
George
@geking - mind sharing where you found ml3z-11654-da? A lot f these ford site show the parts but after you order come back and say its out of stock. I had the same problem as you with MD2Z - so going to plan 3 ... thanks to @beebop for the alternative

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@geking - mind sharing where you found ml3z-11654-da? A lot f these ford site show the parts but after you order come back and say its out of stock. I had the same problem as you with MD2Z - so going to plan 3 ... thanks to @beebop for the alternative

They did not stock and had to order them out of a Ford distribution warehouse. I do not know how many more there are??? I am still hoping to get the correct original from a forum member that can't use it. smile
www.tascaparts.com

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
ML3Z-11654-DA​
Switch Assembly - Headlamps​
$76.05​
1​
$76.05​
ML3Z-11654-CA​
$75.82​
1​
$75.82​

Subtotal: $151.87​
Estimated Shipping to 35801 via Standard Shipping: $14.50​
Total: $166.37​

It may take up to 24 hours for the shipping information to be available on the tracking page.

Thank you again for your order.

Tasca Parts
401-709-7836 | [email protected]

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They did not stock and had to order them out of a Ford distribution warehouse. I do not know how many more there are??? I am still hoping to get the correct original from a forum member that can't use it. smile
www.tascaparts.com

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
ML3Z-11654-DA​
$76.05​
1​
$76.05​
ML3Z-11654-CA​
$75.82​
1​
$75.82​

It may take up to 24 hours for the shipping information to be available on the tracking page.

Tasca Parts

As a side note, during my parts chase I found that the light switch module has over 123 different variants. If you go to ebay and type in Ford Headlamp Switch Assembly you can see a whole
bunch of them with different shapes and options across many Ford platforms. Do a sort for "2021 Bronco Headlamp switch" for a good visual on a few options. I'm going with Front Mod Bumper Fog Pocket and a rear SAE SS! fog to utilize the dual switch. WHY? just for fun.
Warm regards,
George

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @geoking , I am not sure how I got that one odered. I could have sworn I ordered the correct switch. Luckly even the switches are modular so I worked out in the end. Now if my lights would just ship already.

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

www.tascaparts.com

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
ML3Z-11654-DA​
$76.05​
1​
$76.05​
ML3Z-11654-CA​
$75.82​
1​
$75.82​

Tasca Parts
Thanks! I ordered it - let's see if it shows up ...

CPTRK

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a side note, during my parts chase I found that the light switch module has over 123 different variants. If you go to ebay and type in Ford Headlamp Switch Assembly you can see a whole
bunch of them with different shapes and options across many Ford platforms. Do a sort for "2021 Bronco Headlamp switch" for a good visual on a few options. I'm going with Front Mod Bumper Fog Pocket and a rear SAE SS! fog to utilize the dual switch. WHY? just for fun.
Warm regards,
George
Interesting - I checked them out - they are Escape / Explorer switches - look the same except for the gas tank lid switch where I have puddle lights. Not sure if I can swap - but good backup plan in case I can't get the other parts - thanks.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it is an easy swap. You don't even have to completly remove the bezel. There will be four tabs that hold the bezel to the switch on the button side. Loosen them, then there will be four tabs that hold the buttons to the switch. just loosen them and the buttons will pull away from the main switch. Just plug in the buttons from your old switch and resnap the bezel down and you are golden. Just be careful plugging the buttons back in the connector is tiny.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_0850
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch IMG_0849

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish we could get a STICKY with this info. We get a lot of people requesting info from us, and I just don't have all the answers myself.

I just ordered the M2DZ-11654-DA panel for our Bronco. Anybody know the part # for the wiring harness so you can plug it in and give you a pigtail on the end??? Someone said it's the same as the audio harness is that true?

BTW, can we take a moment and give a shoutout to @redone17 and everybody else who started this. I'm not 100% sure if he was the first guy, or one of the first guys, to do this but I know he was right there at the start of this "idea" about swapping out his buttons to the factory fog buttons and making it happen. I know I went back/forth with him a month or two ago when he was starting this endeavor and now it's a hot topic right now. So cheers to him and all the other early adopters who've been figuring this all out for the rest of us.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s right under the tow hooks of the modular bumper. Should be included on High package as well

The harness is capped off with an empty socket plug. You can use this empty plug to make your own pigtail harness. Black/green stripe is ground on both sides. The positive is brown for drivers side and yellow/orange stripe for passenger side.

7CE767BE-5DF3-4959-98E5-FBB1A83720C2.jpeg
I wonder if someone (Ford Tech) might be able to Identify the part # on the factory fog connector. There is a Mopar harness list here (https://parts.ford.com/content/dam/.../Wiring_Pigtail_Kits_Wiring_Terminal_Kits.pdf) so if I can Identify WHICH plug it uses, we're good to go.

Based on my research part #3U2Z-14S411-DCAB LOOKS to be the end that is on the vehicle side (not the one that would be attached to a "fog light"). The photo looks the same and the product description says it's for a fog light. Now I just need to find the FOG LIGHT side part #

Actually. I REALLY need to dive into this myself on our Bronco. Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics both make a fog kit FOR the plastic bumpers, which has the same harness naturally as trucks without a plastic bumper. It's an H10/9005 style connector in their kit. That's gotta be what Ford is using, otherwise how would their kits work, right? I'll see if I can tear into mine tomorrow.

Last edited:

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone turned on the rear fog light option and hooked up lights in the back?

I'm trying to figure out if I add a rear lighting option to the back of the vehicle (like this - Baja Designs) Can I have the switch enabled when the vehicle is parked, can it be enabled if off-highway driving (do they work with low/high beams)? Will they turn off when you turn the vehicle off or maintain previous operation when you restart)

Anyone have knowledge/experience here?

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@D2dhanover, for the fog lights, do you know if there is a way to program where the vehicle maintains the previous state for the fogs? On my 2017 Super Duty I can tell forscan to maintain fog light state based off of previous drive - if I had them on last drive, they will be on for the next, or I can have it not remember so that the fogs turn off after every restart..

Wondering if we can do this with the Bronco, both front and rear.

I'm trying to best understand how the rear fogs may operate.
Sponsored