Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty awesome! thread is bookmarked.

Can someone explain to me: The pocket fog lights seem to come with three pairs of lights, and those sets have differing use cases, does only one of the three get tied into the OEM fog switch and then upfitter controls the other ones for other use cases?
Sponsored

rdg698

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone explain to me: The pocket fog lights seem to come with three pairs of lights, and those sets have differing use cases, does only one of the three get tied into the OEM fog switch and then upfitter controls the other ones for other use cases?
I think the bigger lights on the inside get tied to fog lights. The other lights are brighter driving lights that can be connected to aux switches. That’s my plan.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would only tie SAE designated lights to the factory switch (for other people driving your car that might not be aware and accidentally turn on blinding off road lights).

There is also a maximum current rating for the factory harness. I don't know what it is, but 6 LEDs are probably too much.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You have the choice as to what you connect. I did what @Merc4x4 suggested - put my SAE Amber fogs on the factory switch as I wanted them to act like factory lights (no bambi mode) and not take up an upfitter. The wiring is there for whatever you connect to it (within the noted limits)

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Found this too by searching this site with the part number.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 87114027-A87A-4B64-A9B9-CA793345FCF3
I am clearly missing it but what is the difference between BA and CA?

I have an FE and would like both front and rear fog switch...Pretty sure CA is what I need but the chart above I can't tell the difference.

I think it would be great to add the backlight on the aftermarket lights to the rear fog switch...

Some assumptions here: If the rear fog is on then activates when headlamps turn on...seems like a sound guess. If that is the case will be perfect for my plans...right now on the Raptor I have all the backlights on one upfitter and manually turn on / off depending on darkness outside. Would be great for that to be tied to the headlights and free up another upfitter.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am clearly missing it but what is the difference between BA and CA?

I have an FE and would like both front and rear fog switch...Pretty sure CA is what I need but the chart above I can't tell the difference.

I think it would be great to add the backlight on the aftermarket lights to the rear fog switch...

Some assumptions here: If the rear fog is on then activates when headlamps turn on...seems like a sound guess. If that is the case will be perfect for my plans...right now on the Raptor I have all the backlights on one upfitter and manually turn on / off depending on darkness outside. Would be great for that to be tied to the headlights and free up another upfitter.
do you have a package with puddle lamps? That makes the diff whether you are AA/BA vs CA/DA

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

do you have a package with puddle lamps? That makes the diff whether you are AA/BA vs CA/DA
Yes it is Lux package...and you are right, I now see CA says puddle. Grrr...like looking at one of those where's Waldo books! Thank you for the smack to the head!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it is Lux package...and you are right, I now see CA says puddle. Grrr...like looking at one of those where's Waldo books! Thank you for the smack to the head!
I have the Lux, and so I chose the DA switch because I was only looking for the single controller (not also the rear fog).

OP
OP
ModifyMike

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

$195?!?! Should be $50-60
Sorry I paid 70 bucks, the freight was for the whole order for my shop including a bunch of super duty parts.
Sponsored