Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry dumb question, I’m new to this part, why does one prefer C to E ratings? What does the letter rate?
Load rating. Lower typical is lighter and not quite as tough sidewall. Higher is heavier and generally a tougher sidewall. Typically for hauling heavy loads and towing etc. I prefer C rated as the are a softer ride and I’m not a young buck anymore. My hard tail now has a hidden shock too!
Sponsored

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond / Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Load rating. Lower typical is lighter and not quite as tough. Higher is heavier. Typically for towing etc. I prefer C rated as the are a softer ride and I’m not a young buck anymore. My hard tail now has a hidden shock too!
Ah I see! Thanks, and yeah, I've had a back surgery too, so I get it!

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
E rated tires are generally for large trucks and rated to support heavy loads. They have a harsher ride and weigh more than C tires. Most prefer C on Bronco and Jeep because they cannot haul heavy weight, so might as well go for better MPG and road manners!.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally prefer an E, But I'm sacrificing comfort and mileage for sidewall toughness, frequently lowering pressures into the lower 10's and driving on sharp rocks is a relatively regular thing for me.

If an individual does that even as infrequently as every other month, one cut side wall will make up for the difference in fuel costs.

Comfort on the other hand, if it's important to the individual, (Like those in this thread who've had back problems) is hard to quantify with costs, if that's a factor, then it's well worth the tradeoffs of the C rating.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I personally prefer an E, But I'm sacrificing comfort and mileage for sidewall toughness, frequently lowering pressures into the lower 10's and driving on sharp rocks is a relatively regular thing for me.

If an individual does that even as infrequently as every other month, one cut side wall will make up for the difference in fuel costs.

Comfort on the other hand, if it's important to the individual, (Like those in this thread who've had back problems) is hard to quantify with costs, if that's a factor, then it's well worth the tradeoffs of the C rating.
That makes sense. We don't have that problem where I live though. And I suspect >95% of all Bronco owners won't ever take theirs through stuff like you do even if they do have that type of terrain where they live. Me personally, a C load that looks good and provides solid dirt/mud traction and good on road manners is what I am looking for. Looks like the BFG Ko2 is still going to be what I buy to replace the stock Goodyears.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went from 33” Wildpeak AT3 (C rated) to the 35x11.5x17 Wildpeak Rugged terrain (E rated) and honestly don’t feel the difference in ride harshness on the road at 35psi. Maybe it’s the extra sidewall height balancing it out for me.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! IMG_2442
255/85r16 for the win. I love my 33" pizza cutters. This is my second set of wildpeaks
Great looking rig! Looking forward to hearing how they perform over time!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went from 33” Wildpeak AT3 (C rated) to the 35x11.5x17 Wildpeak Rugged terrain (E rated) and honestly don’t feel the difference in ride harshness on the road at 35psi. Maybe it’s the extra sidewall height balancing it out for me.
C to E and E to C isn't as always as clear cut as it seems. It's a good guideline and in more cases than not it plays a part. I went from Cooper S/T Maxx E's to Wildpeak AT3W C's on my Frontier and it was a huge improvement it ride quality. But others don't have quite the difference in feel.

The Territory tire is an ultra soft rubber compound and pretty thin sidewalls... Nothing I've seen is going to ride a soft as it does. It is softer than typical P rated tires. Other tires can ride as smooth as they do, but won't absorb the road imperfections as well.

Clem6397

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Falken Wildpeak A/T4W is here at last and the new A/T4W is shaping up to outshine its immensely popular A/T3W in every respect. This includes tread depth, weather protection, and on-and off-road performance.

Previously only available on the Wildpeak R/T and Wildpeak M/T, Falken has introduced their three-ply DURASPEC technology into the A/T4W (available on select sizes). This construction is stiffer and thicker compared to it's 2-ply counterpart, to endure harsh off-road conditions. No matter the terrain, from smooth highways to rough paths, this all-terrain tire will keep you safe and secure. The three-peak mountain snowflake weather indication and weather-focused tread composition and pattern give it the ability to tackle almost any weather condition.

If you've already got your hands on a new set of WildPeak A/T4W tires for your Bronco, we'd love for you to share your initial impressions along with a picture or two!

falwat4w_ang_l.jpg

Falken WildPeak A/T4W
UTQG: 600, A/B (SL & XL Load Ranges Only)
Mileage Warranty: 65,000 SL & XL Load Ranges
Mileage Warranty: 60,000 LT Load Range

Falken Wildpeak A/T4W Sizes and Specs | Discount Tire

*While we don't list every tire size online yet, as new internal part numbers are added to our system, they'll automatically appear on the website. If you have a question about a certain size, please let us know.

-KEY FEATURES-
  • A brand-new rubber tread composition ensures your tires provide long-lasting comfort on the road.
  • Falken introduced their revolutionary 3-ply DURASPEC Sidewall Technology. This technology is only available on certain sizes.
  • The new staggered shoulder blocks and projecting sidewall lettering work together for an extra grip, even on tough conditions.
  • The latest Heat Diffuser technology releases trapped heat from within the tire. This provides even more stability. Whether you're towing or carrying a heavy load.
  • Increased tread stiffness and a sturdy build allow for greater load capacities and tire pressures than A/T3W.
  • The tread pattern is both familiar and amplified. It has 3D Canyon Sipes and a silica-enhanced compound to improve performance and traction in snowy, icy, and rainy weather.

-DURASPEC SIZES-

16-Inch​
  • LT255/85R-16 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-16 LR-E
  • LT315/75R-16 LR-E
17-Inch​
  • LT255/80R-17 LR-E
  • LT285/70R-17 LR-C
  • LT285/70R-17 LR-E
  • LT285/75R-17 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-17 LR-E
  • LT315/70R-17 LR-C
  • 35x11.50R-17 LR-C
  • 35x12.50R-17 LR-E
  • 37x12.50R-17 LR-E
18-Inch​
  • LT285/70R-18 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-18 LR-E
  • LT295/70R-18 LR-E
  • LT325/65R-18 LR-D
  • 35x12.50R-18 LR-F
20-inch​
  • 35x12.50R-20 LR-F
I have the Falken Wildpeak AT/3W 275/70R18 tires on my Non-SAS 2023 Bronco Outerbanks 2 dr with the OEM wheels and they are absolutely awesome! I love these tires! They look great and perform excellent. I highly recommend them. So the AT/4W hopefully are equally as good. If you're looking for new tires, the Falken Wildpeaks are a great choice.

IMG_0944.jpeg

Sponsored

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Falken Wildpeak A/T4W is here at last and the new A/T4W is shaping up to outshine its immensely popular A/T3W in every respect. This includes tread depth, weather protection, and on-and off-road performance.

Previously only available on the Wildpeak R/T and Wildpeak M/T, Falken has introduced their three-ply DURASPEC technology into the A/T4W (available on select sizes). This construction is stiffer and thicker compared to it's 2-ply counterpart, to endure harsh off-road conditions. No matter the terrain, from smooth highways to rough paths, this all-terrain tire will keep you safe and secure. The three-peak mountain snowflake weather indication and weather-focused tread composition and pattern give it the ability to tackle almost any weather condition.

If you've already got your hands on a new set of WildPeak A/T4W tires for your Bronco, we'd love for you to share your initial impressions along with a picture or two!

Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! IMG_0944

Falken WildPeak A/T4W
UTQG: 600, A/B (SL & XL Load Ranges Only)
Mileage Warranty: 65,000 SL & XL Load Ranges
Mileage Warranty: 60,000 LT Load Range

Falken Wildpeak A/T4W Sizes and Specs | Discount Tire

*While we don't list every tire size online yet, as new internal part numbers are added to our system, they'll automatically appear on the website. If you have a question about a certain size, please let us know.

-KEY FEATURES-
  • A brand-new rubber tread composition ensures your tires provide long-lasting comfort on the road.
  • Falken introduced their revolutionary 3-ply DURASPEC Sidewall Technology. This technology is only available on certain sizes.
  • The new staggered shoulder blocks and projecting sidewall lettering work together for an extra grip, even on tough conditions.
  • The latest Heat Diffuser technology releases trapped heat from within the tire. This provides even more stability. Whether you're towing or carrying a heavy load.
  • Increased tread stiffness and a sturdy build allow for greater load capacities and tire pressures than A/T3W.
  • The tread pattern is both familiar and amplified. It has 3D Canyon Sipes and a silica-enhanced compound to improve performance and traction in snowy, icy, and rainy weather.

-DURASPEC SIZES-

16-Inch​
  • LT255/85R-16 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-16 LR-E
  • LT315/75R-16 LR-E
17-Inch​
  • LT255/80R-17 LR-E
  • LT285/70R-17 LR-C
  • LT285/70R-17 LR-E
  • LT285/75R-17 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-17 LR-E
  • LT315/70R-17 LR-C
  • 35x11.50R-17 LR-C
  • 35x12.50R-17 LR-E
  • 37x12.50R-17 LR-E
18-Inch​
  • LT285/70R-18 LR-C
  • LT285/75R-18 LR-E
  • LT295/70R-18 LR-E
  • LT325/65R-18 LR-D
  • 35x12.50R-18 LR-F
20-inch​
  • 35x12.50R-20 LR-F
I love the new version, I had last version on my Ranger which they stopped production. Too bad I can only go up to 34" on 16", was hoping to get 35 without purchasing OEM wheels since my cam with aftermarket 16. My methods can handle up to 37".

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got new set of A/T3W LT285/70/17 C range installed on my badlands 2 door at the end of November. I always liked my BFG KO2's but the Falkens give you 3/32nds more tread depth from the start than the BFGs. My BFGs wore on schedule, but after almost 32k miles and two 10 day off roading trips in the San Juans I didn't want to head out for a trip this year with only 8/32 or less left on each tire. So far I love the Falkens in the snow like I did my BFGs.

As for the sidewall strength, I never noticed any evidence that I even came close to hurting the sidewalls after either CO trip running 20-25 PSI over a lot of the sharp rocks on those trails, so I don't personally see the need for heavy E range tires on my rig.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
E rating for 35s Sasquatch Falcon tires? 😬

Mine spine hurts just thinking about that.
My load range E BFGs ride just as well, if not better, than my stock SAS tires. I had to have the white letters so I swapped them out right away.
Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! IMG_9836

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have been thrilled with our Wildpeak AT3 285/70/17 C rated setup in mud, slop and snow. Both on unpaved and paved during blizzards. Frankly, they have out performed our hopeful expectations. For our specific mountain purposes, I would be hard pressed to change brands away from Falken.
I say that having had previously good experiences with the OEM General Grabbers, and a set of the Goodyears on another vehicle.

The OEM 6G Grabbers gave up outstanding mileage, past 55k with a solid amount of tread left, but the improved performance of the AT3's was immediately noticeable, at moderately high speed on Rocky gravel and mud, and crawling during a Late season thunder storm on Ophir Pass Road.

AT3's have been stellar in all variety of snow slush and ice, both on and off road. These AT4's look interesting. Also interested in weight. @Discount Tire , would you have any specs AT4 vs AT3?
Signed:
Committed Falken fan.

Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! Tennessee Pass 01-1
Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! TenneseePass 3

Last edited:

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T4W All-Terrain Tires | NOW Available at DTC! TenneseePass 3
255/85r16 for the win. I love my 33" pizza cutters. This is my second set of wildpeaks
Great Looking Bronco! I love the 255/85R16 tall skinny look. It is great to see the new Wildpeak A/T4W in this size. These may be the first true All-Terrain Tires offered in this size!
Sponsored