First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover, BMW M550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '22 Bronco Badlands w/ stick. I could feel some wires brushing against the top of my left foot when engaging the clutch and then noticed the wire below had fallen. I can't tell if it was connected to anything and was accidentally pulled loose or if it was never supposed to be there in the first place. Any ideas on what this is? No error lights at all and all seems to be working as it should. Thanks, JZB

Ford Bronco Fallen wiring in footwell - standard transmission IMG_8290
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a '22 Bronco Badlands w/ stick. I could feel some wires brushing against the top of my left foot when engaging the clutch and then noticed the wire below had fallen. I can't tell if it was connected to anything and was accidentally pulled loose or if it was never supposed to be there in the first place. Any ideas on what this is? No error lights at all and all seems to be working as it should. Thanks, JZB

Ford Bronco Fallen wiring in footwell - standard transmission IMG_8290
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I would like to look into things on my end.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That for sure is not a Ford installed item. Would make me believe it could be for third party gps from your dealer.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get the factory security system? That looks like a dealership addon.. however, even that doesn't make sense as the fuse box is right under the dash by the drivers left leg, so you really don't need to add a fuse in line.

I think it's likely a shoddy install of a factory GPS enabled alarm.

What's the amp rating of the fuse inside?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JZB

JZB

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover, BMW M550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Th
Did you get the factory security system? That looks like a dealership addon.. however, even that doesn't make sense as the fuse box is right under the dash by the drivers left leg, so you really don't need to add a fuse in line.

I think it's likely a shoddy install of a factory GPS enabled alarm.

What's the amp rating of the fuse inside?
Thanks! I didn't purchase any dealer add-ons at all so the security is whatever came w/ vehicle. I spec'd the truck w/ high package / sasquatch. I need to check the fuse rating...

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Th

Thanks! I didn't purchase any dealer add-ons at all so the security is whatever came w/ vehicle. I spec'd the truck w/ high package / sasquatch. I need to check the fuse rating...
Some dealerships throw them in by default and then remove them if you refuse to purchase. There are also some dealerships that put their own GPS in to keep an eye on the vehicle until it's sold.

I had a 2021 Ranger Tremor that had the deactivated alarm in it because I refused to pay for it.

Either way, that's just a generic off the shelf fuse holder for adding an accessory to an unfused power connection. You generally don't want to put a fuse inline with a fuse, so it's odd since it fell out of your fuse box, basically.

Reactions: JZB
OP
OP
JZB

JZB

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover, BMW M550