Sponsored

Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes...

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 for 8 here, does that give me a perfect score!šŸ˜‚
You could be in the Olympics for a gold medal with that score. I am only 6 for 8 so distant Bronze.
Sponsored

d1977

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing anymore
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
I ordered in oct/2021, last i saw, im delayed now till june, cause of no microchipā€¦
Its completely built. No chip.
Frustrated is an understatement.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealer allocation is absolutely key here and this is why some people get built faster than others. You may have had an order since day one back in January last year but if your dealer had 40 of those same models they only fulfill so many.

The most common misconception here is that Ford isnā€™t building first come first serve. They in fact are but thereā€™s only so much of that they can do. If they truly built in order it would eat up supply of parts. Youā€™d be left with a Bronco taking weeks or more to build instead of a day that it would normally take. First come first serve revolves around availability to build the next vehicle in line. And to restate about the allocation, you might not actually be first in that line like you think.

Popular dealers have several hundred orders alone. About 10-20% were even possible for the short 6 month 2021 delivery window. Iā€™ve seen one dealer that had over 1,700 orders. Despite how it looks, reservations have definitely been taking priority but again youā€™re still fighting against the reservation crowd for your spot in line against parts availability on top of spots that can be filled by more build ready orders. Ford wonā€™t simply stop producing vehicles. My dealership is almost done with getting reservation holders their vehicles.
Itā€™s hard to understand what methodology Ford is using to select what gets built. I have a first 10 minute, day one reservation and a #1 of 56 dealership allocation and just got built (minus a computer chip) a month ago.
Granted Iā€™ve had all the deadly sins for practically my entire 600 (or so) day wait.
I think some of what youā€™re saying is spot on but I believe it might have more to do with the timing of those factors.
1. They have all the parts, but your specific dealership/region isnā€™t getting allocations that particular week.
2. Your dealership/region is being allocated builds but one or more constrained parts arenā€™t available.

So, you have to hit it just right (parts and allocation) or itā€™s a no-go.

I also believe there could be some calculated decisions/computer programming in the selection process. For example an algorithm is created that disregards a build, despite timestamp, due to excessive constrained items even if theyā€™re all available. After all, why build the next reservation in line and use up 6 constraints for that one $60k build when you could use those parts to build 5 $48k Broncos? $60k vs $240k in salesā€¦..

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today's my 41st Birthday, I have a Wildtrak that supposedly has made it to the last railway depot and is ~3hrs away ... I hope everyone gets their Broncos soon enough. First-24-hr-Reservation, First-day order, *really* wanted to see it come in today , haven't had a real birthday present in like 2 decades lol, but I guess "close enough will have to be close enough" ...
Best of luck to you, hopefully birthday celebrations will be soon,

Sponsored

Jericho107

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 and Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
only have 2 out of the 8 not bad. Dealer suggested the modular front bumper. Might delete that and see what happens.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
5 out of 8. I guess I am screwed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1. ā˜‘Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. ā˜‘Any 2 door model
  3. ā˜‘Tow Package
  4. ā˜‘MIC (no surprise there)
  5. ā˜‘Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. ā˜‘Sasquatch Pkg
  8. ā˜‘2.7l Engine
So, assuming my dealer and I come to signed agreement on the BRaptor in early March (theyā€™ve said MSRP), I might actually get a Raptor sooner than I would have gotten the two door Badlands I currently have on order.

AND, if we donā€™t come to an agreement or I decide I canā€™t stomach the extra $20K, and we un-99 the current two door Badlands order ā€¦. I will only have missed another Thursday or two of scheduling rejection.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

same story different post. at this point i gave up and will just see what happens.

approaching 600 days i have a vote of no confidence. expect over two years from initial res, assume a summer delivery at the best (and this is a early res holder).
Ditto !!!

Bigfuzzy17

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, BMW 428i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is how it seems to me, that is if Ford was running a pizza place....

They have the best tasting new pizza anyone has ever seen, they knew these pizzas would sell as fast as they could make them...however...

The Basics:
- They designed 6 kinds of dough [trim levels]; some doughs made the MSRP 2x, but it tastes so good everyone wants it...
- They used sauce [microchip] that only comes from China...the same sauce that every other pizza shop needs...right in the middle of a trade war...and somehow, seem surprised there is a shortage...
- They had 2 cheese options, a "soft" cheese and a "hard" cheese. The hard cheese tastes better and is in high demand, but sadly, the cows that make hard cheese are not very smart cows and the first batch had to be thrown away and replaced with new cheese...as a result, even those who hate the soft cheese are ordering this way - luckily, there seems to be an endless supply of soft cheese...
- They needed at least 2 pizza ovens, running 24 hours a day, and they only bought 1. This is actually a good thing, because its less employees to lay off or furlough while they wait on sauce...
- 1000's of pizzas have been pre-made, awaiting sauce. They are in the freezer and will be thawed at some point soon...hungry customers should not order from another restaurant and will starve indefinitely until these frozen pizzas are cooked and delivered...
- After realizing all of the complexities involved with running a successful pizza store, the owner decided to spice things up by offering 2 brand new pizzas [Raptor/Everglades] to help solve all of their problems...without finding new sources of sauce, cheese, or ovens...this can only go well we think...

The Toppings:
- Everyone wants pepperoni [Sasquatch/2.7]...seem to be in short supply of an item you should have multiple sources for, that is if you want to be in the pizza business...
- Other very popular toppings include: Mushrooms [2-door], Onions[bumper], Beef[Badlands/Wildtrak] , Sausage [tow], etc...

The Customers:
- Two ways to order: Catering Team [Reservation holder], or Call-in [Dealer order]
- Catering team, exceeding all known sales records, placed pre-orders for 100k+ pizzas, all varieties, to be delivered just in time for the customers party, preferably in the order they were placed...
- Call-in team, taking orders for over 6 months for customers who got hungry today...
- Pizza shop [MAP] is making pizzas as fast as they can, based upon what toppings they thought to have in the freezer. Given the Sauce, Cheese and Pepperoni issues, the pizza shop isnt running very well, losing money, upsetting their employees and customers are confused and upset, mostly because the Catering Team forgot to communicate their promises...

The Delivery [Dealers]:
- Some lucky customers live near the highest volume delivery units in the country, they will likely get their pizza very fast
- Some lucky customers are only charged standard delivery fees. Sadly others are learning on delivery day that their delivery has additional fees: Driver tip [ADM], Delivery Charges [doc fees, lojack, etc.]...
- Some lucky customers have delivery managers who let them know when their pizza is coming...
- Delivery is guaranteed...6 to 18 months or it is $1k more...

Bottom Line:
- If you want a $40k pizza with soft cheese only, or perhaps with anchovies or pineapple, you can get your pizza as soon as the sauce gets here. If you want one that has the delicious hard cheese with perhaps pepperoni and mushrooms you will have to wait [some more]

Hope my sarcasm is taken well. This is such a great vehicle and a real shame for everyone involved it has been so plagued with controllable and uncontrollable issues.
A wise person once said...if you have bad news, deliver it fast. There is no supply-chain shortage on straight answers...just tell us the facts...

BTW - I am a call-in order, small pizza [Base], with soft cheese and Onions [bumper]. I am happy to wait my turn and although I may not, I can at least admit that I love pepperoni, mushrooms, and hard cheese but I am just hungry now...

Last edited:

Sponsored

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW 6/8 aint bad...oh wait.. IT IS BAD :-( This is the point in time where I regret being told last month that I had a Build date and started getting excited .... Prior to that I was resolved to being lucky to get one by late 2022..
In the same boat. Boy this sucks!

MKC

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW 6/8 aint bad...oh wait.. IT IS BAD :-( This is the point in time where I regret being told last month that I had a Build date and started getting excited .... Prior to that I was resolved to being lucky to get one by late 2022..
I totally understand what you mean my 21 is still in a holding pattern since oct 21

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
Iā€™ve got 6 out of 8. Wonā€™t be seeing a Bronco in my driveway anytime soon.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
??????? ARE THE BRONCO RAPTOR AND EVERGLADE , GOING 2 SUFFER THE SAME FAITH OR R THEY EXEMPT.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well.....WT's were not offered any engine or suspension options. My problem with this list is we whom have a wildtrak ordered should be put near the front of getting our builds since those two constraints are standard equipment. Why should lesser builds be built ahead of us when those constraints are options.
?!
The same thing could be said about 2 door with the Mic Fuck the 4 door people give all the 2 door all the mic top first.
Sponsored