Sponsored

Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes...

OP
OP
dtinnc

dtinnc

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the original poster actually holding a "scheduled" week, or just an order? I think that is important info.

Broncos with these constraints obviously have been built and delivered to members of this forum recently, so I am not sure I can buy into what you are being told 100%
I have an order - no build week communicated yet. I was simply trying to get some insights directly from Ford on what current delays are so that I could get in the production queue even if it meant some compromise. Yes, others have reported in the forums here (at various points in time) similar insights. My dealer just recently communicated that I'd increase my chances of getting a build date if I removed the Tow Package. Customer service provided more details than my dealer and noted guidance that they receive is updated monthly. I'll take this even with a grain of salt as I'm sure its highly dynamic. Clearly, other reservation/order holders have received their vehicles or are in the queue with these options. I wasn't trying to imply an all stop on the production line, sorry. Others had previously reported here "I removed the Tow Package and got a build date x days later". I was trying to verify and potentially adjust my order if the latest guidance was limited to just the tow package. Its not... still I guess. Thx.
Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes.. assuming that as well.. i dont get any email updates from Ford and I'm waiting a bit before calling my dealer ... at this point its all fluid, so i'd rather wait til 3/28 to see where i stand..
I have never received a email only updates thru dealer. No point in worrying if and when we get built really, not like its going to make it happen faster. 🤞

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
This is no different than it was when I was strongly considering making changes so I could get mine sooner. I didn’t change a thing. 4 door wildtrak with everything on the list. It arrives any day now. Glad I didn’t make changes.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why not do something constructive and start making computer chips, hard tops, tow packages etc, etc. Honestly EVERY car company is way behind. I drove by the local Mazda dealer and they have no cars, Ford dealer, no cars or trucks, Honda, ditto, my friend has a $225K Porsche ordered at $25K over list and they tell him he may see it by August. I like the forum but I have never heard so much bitching about things that cannot be easily rectified. Then when the trucks finally get delivered everyone complains about thing. I spent my entire life in car dealerships and if think Ford or any of their dealers are happy you're just plain dense. I don't work for Ford but I still been there done that with shortages and when there are shortages for any reason nobody gets fat and happy. Part of the problem is with the actual dealers people ordered from that had ZERO chance of filling orders at di$counts and piled up orders. All they did was take people out of the market knowing full well what they were doing. I started in 1972 and we had allocations then as we do now. You know that you are not going to be able to fill the orders and I believe I said this months ago right here but no one listened.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
August 2020 reservation, Oct 2021 order. Two door BL , auto, 2.3 ,lux, roof rack, MGV , no tow, no Sasquatch. Original build week March 22. Moved up to Feb 28. As of today, have VIN, but no window sticker. Waiting to see what transpires.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 5 of those things, and I got my window sticker last week. 2/23 blend. So we shall see how it goes🤞
Also MT!
That is awesome to hear, especially the part about the MT as that is me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the original poster actually holding a "scheduled" week, or just an order? I think that is important info.

Broncos with these constraints obviously have been built and delivered to members of this forum recently, so I am not sure I can buy into what you are being told 100%
It's all true my friend. But you are correct, Ford is buidling vehicles with constrained options. "Constraint" means they have a limited number of those options to use for whatever number of vehicles they are building. I don't know the exact wording to use, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. For example, if the LUX package (the option holding me up) is at a 40% constraint, that means only 40% of the Broncos needing the LUX package will be build during that run. How they figure it on a build that has several option constraints is beyond me.

With all that said we we still need to look at the allocation numbers at any given dealer. That makes it all as clear as mud.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
basically unless you want a stripped down 4 cylinder you're SOL, same as it's been the entire time.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today's my 41st Birthday, I have a Wildtrak that supposedly has made it to the last railway depot and is ~3hrs away ... I hope everyone gets their Broncos soon enough. First-24-hr-Reservation, First-day order, *really* wanted to see it come in today , haven't had a real birthday present in like 2 decades lol, but I guess "close enough will have to be close enough" ...

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of this is really worth worrying about. Auto market is based on supply and demand like any other. Order what you want, get it when its available! The market will catch up w/demand. You think Ford and the dealers don't want these sales? They are dying to get this stuff built and sold. That said, ya the tow option is an easy post sale add on, so sure you could drop that one!

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have all 8 of those constraints (2dr, WT, MIC, Lux, Tow, Mod Bumper, Sas, 2.7) and it got built on 1/18/22, but sits at Ice Mountain buried in snow, waiting on a chip. If it ain’t one thing it’s another.

Reactions: LCW

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all that said we we still need to look at the allocation numbers at any given dealer. That makes it all as clear as mud.
The dealer allocation is absolutely key here and this is why some people get built faster than others. You may have had an order since day one back in January last year but if your dealer had 40 of those same models they only fulfill so many.

The most common misconception here is that Ford isn’t building first come first serve. They in fact are but there’s only so much of that they can do. If they truly built in order it would eat up supply of parts. You’d be left with a Bronco taking weeks or more to build instead of a day that it would normally take. First come first serve revolves around availability to build the next vehicle in line. And to restate about the allocation, you might not actually be first in that line like you think.

Popular dealers have several hundred orders alone. About 10-20% were even possible for the short 6 month 2021 delivery window. I’ve seen one dealer that had over 1,700 orders. Despite how it looks, reservations have definitely been taking priority but again you’re still fighting against the reservation crowd for your spot in line against parts availability on top of spots that can be filled by more build ready orders. Ford won’t simply stop producing vehicles. My dealership is almost done with getting reservation holders their vehicles.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not do something constructive and start making computer chips, hard tops, tow packages etc, etc. Honestly EVERY car company is way behind. I drove by the local Mazda dealer and they have no cars, Ford dealer, no cars or trucks, Honda, ditto, my friend has a $225K Porsche ordered at $25K over list and they tell him he may see it by August. I like the forum but I have never heard so much bitching about things that cannot be easily rectified. Then when the trucks finally get delivered everyone complains about thing. I spent my entire life in car dealerships and if think Ford or any of their dealers are happy you're just plain dense. I don't work for Ford but I still been there done that with shortages and when there are shortages for any reason nobody gets fat and happy. Part of the problem is with the actual dealers people ordered from that had ZERO chance of filling orders at di$counts and piled up orders. All they did was take people out of the market knowing full well what they were doing. I started in 1972 and we had allocations then as we do now. You know that you are not going to be able to fill the orders and I believe I said this months ago right here but no one listened.
Beating you head against the wall on this one.
99% Cry babies on this forum

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand the hard top issues, but I thought those were somewhat solved (not completely), but I thought I read that they are up to 300 per day. So why is the 2 doors a commodities issue? What is so different about the assembly that makes a 2 door body harder to manufacture than a 4 door?

Doesn't Ford manufacture their body parts? So why? This shouldn't be a supplier issue? Or should it?

Last edited:

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
That moment when I have 7/8 of those options ☠⚰
Sponsored