Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would you feel differently about them if I said China, Germany, Mexico, or USA?
Nope... I wouldn't. They are built in Lima...

Ohio.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do you find out the engine date?

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn another 2.7. I am getting the 2.7 figuring it would be the more reliable engine and so far all the issues have been broncos with the 2.7.
I'm on my 3rd vehicle with the 2.7 eco and have had zero issues. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha! The 300 straight six was the reason my dad swore off Fords in the 80's. He had an absolute lemon of a 300 in an 85 F150 he bought new. Timing issues from day 1, rod bearings failed at 63k miles.
Thats surprising. I had good luck with em!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few people in here (per Bronco6G tradition) are being absolute little dickheads to the OP and worshipping a in-animate multi billion dollar corporation that does not know they exist.

People are asking "and just what level of service SHOULD ford be giving that they currently aren't"

Listen, if you buy a $50k product and it fails within the first 0.5% of its life, the company should have a hot line that gets answered immediately, has little to no hold time, brings a rental car to your exact location (within reason) and has a plan in place to fix the thing ASAP - or buy it back from you at full purchase price right then and there.

if you choose to have it fixed, they should certainly offer you some neat accessories or incentives or whatever.

People need to stop coddling these corporations and realize that actually, in fact, they SHOULD be treating us like kings in these situations
Well said there’s to many people in here riding fords dick drinking the cool aid op had every wright to be pissed. Ford quality has went to shit plan and simple I think dodge and ram are ahead in quality now same as gm very sad ford don’t give a fuck. Mine is scheduled to be built the week of 11/22 I was originally going to save money and get the 4 banger but I let everyone talk me into the 2.7 hope I don’t regret it

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few people in here (per Bronco6G tradition) are being absolute little dickheads to the OP and worshipping a in-animate multi billion dollar corporation that does not know they exist.

People are asking "and just what level of service SHOULD ford be giving that they currently aren't"

Listen, if you buy a $50k product and it fails within the first 0.5% of its life, the company should have a hot line that gets answered immediately, has little to no hold time, brings a rental car to your exact location (within reason) and has a plan in place to fix the thing ASAP - or buy it back from you at full purchase price right then and there.

if you choose to have it fixed, they should certainly offer you some neat accessories or incentives or whatever.

People need to stop coddling these corporations and realize that actually, in fact, they SHOULD be treating us like kings in these situations
Thanks, Sam! I knew when I posted that there would be a couple people that would reveal the fact that they either never got any home training or have never got a good old fashioned ass whippin. It happens.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, let me say that I absolutely loved my Bronco while I had it. Drove great. Looked awesome, bigger in person, than it looks in pictures. I hope to get it back at some point - or another one, depending. I am super disappointed - and the information and communication from Ford has been 'ok' but not great.

So here's what happened...
Last Thursday, I am driving from Greensboro, NC down to the SC coast - Pawley's Island area. I am on a 2-lane road near Gresham, SC and the engine cuts out - I am coasting, now power. I get it pulled over. I'm thinking it is a computer glitch issue, maybe somehow I get it stopped, cycle the power and I will be good to go. I've got warning lights all over the place - engine, battery, auto-off etc. etc. It won't re-start. Plenty of auxiliary power for radio, lights etc. Starter is working fine, but won't re-fire.

I call Ford roadside and they tow it to Conway Ford in Conway, SC. On Friday afternoon, the service advisor at Conway calls with the bad news. They dropped the oil pan and found a bunch of metal in the oil. THE ENGINE AND TURBOS NEED TO BE COMPLETELY REPLACED. Pretty crushing - to wait 16months for a vehicle and have that happen in the first 1000mi.

Given the parts situation - Conway has not been able to give me a repair timeline yet. I am awaiting that information - before I decide if I want Ford to buy it back and send me a new one - which is what I think they should've offered to do from the jump.

Ford Customer service has put me in a rental for the time being.
I don't feel like I am getting the level of service that a failure of this sort should demand - but everyone has been friendly and at least somewhat helpful.

If someone in Ford Production or Ford Engine Plant reads this and wants to help - please contact me. [email protected]
That absolutely sucks. At least you're not a bama fan. War Damn Eagle!!

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m sorry your Bronco’s engine failed.

You could ask your dealer to apply for VLA and because of the qualifying catastrophic failure Ford MAY offer assistance in trading you out of the vehicle to help cover depreciation up to maybe 10% of the sticker price of the vehicle.

Or you can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center and request an RAV buyback which is sort of like lemon law but voluntary as goodwill on Ford’s part.

Or you can wait and see how long the repair takes and see if you eventually meet the criteria to become eligible for a lemon law buyback in your state.

or more commonly you just wait and have it fixed under warranty.

Be thankful you got a rental in this strange time we are in. Despite what some said, you are definitely eligible for one with a warrantable repair over 4 hours, but just finding a rental these days can be tougher than most folks realize. & your dealer will have to ask Ford before the 10th day IF you can keep it.
Thanks. Ford CRC has been really helpful. When I said $35/day for 10 days wasn't going to cut it on the rental and asked for $65/day for 14 days they immediately approved. Given what I have learned here, I am definitely going to wait for a repair timeline before I go into any kind of buy-back scenario. Thanks for the overview.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do we think they have corrected this issue at this point or are they still jamming engines with bad valves into vehicles? 11/15 Build date on a 2.7 I'm nervous.
me too… build date is 11/15. Is it too late to change to the 2.3?

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
me too… build date is 11/15. Is it too late to change to the 2.3?
I'll keep you posted as I track my build.....I had the 2.3MT , great engine and really liked the manual, but looking forward to the 2.7 if its reliable. I went with it because I thought with its track record it was/is a very good engine. Right now it just looks like the valve issue and some lazy Quality control but that's enough to fry an engine.

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll keep you posted as I track my build.....I had the 2.3MT , great engine and really liked the manual, but looking forward to the 2.7 if its reliable. I went with it because I thought with its track record it was/is a very good engine. Right now it just looks like the valve issue and some lazy Quality control but that's enough to fry an engine.
I had the 2.7 Eco in my F150 and loved it. Thought it was great!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but are the 2.7 engines Bronco specific parts or are they an interchangeable part with other 2.7 vehicles?
I don't know. If the part number starts with MB3Z, that means probably specific to Bronco.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another 2.7 just died
Ford Bronco FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost 69256475-0A1F-4775-9BF0-98FC0A835CA0
If it was loss of coolant, then it may be the issue of a coolant hose running too close to an idler pulley. That is covered in another thread.
Sponsored