First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicles
I think he was just doing a size comparison Chrispy, not saying that they threw a LR3 body on it.
I figured, but it’s definitely not a chopped up LR with camo.

Advertisement

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicles
I think he was just doing a size comparison Chrispy, not saying that they threw a LR3 body on it.
I’ll tell you that It’s big enough in person that some people I know thought it was based on a different vehicle.

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
I’ll tell you that It’s big enough in person that some people I know thought it was based on a different vehicle.
To go back I did say that I hoped ford did not chop up a LR3. From one point of veiw it can be noted that with padding and coverage of the windows it could be done. I really hope not, because that would be one heck of a camo job and we would all be disappointed.

I do understand it won’t be based on it at all and thank goodness as they had their own issues... many... just a visual observation that the two look similar and if it was that size I think a lot of people would go for it. Definently roomier than a wrangler.

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
But now that you say it’s looks so big in person that others thought it was based on another vehicle has me really thinking about if it’s around the same size as the LR3 or if it’s bigger.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicles
To go back I did say that I hoped ford did not chop up a LR3. From one point of veiw it can be noted that with padding and coverage of the windows it could be done. I really hope not, because that would be one heck of a camo job and we would all be disappointed.

I do understand it won’t be based on it at all and thank goodness as they had their own issues... many... just a visual observation that the two look similar and if it was that size I think a lot of people would go for it. Definently roomier than a wrangler.
It’s all good. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t thinking down the wrong path in terms of what this thing is.

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
I could make the wiki page say it has a 48 Valve 4 Liter V12 plug in hybrid with six wheel drive driveline and seating for 10.
Or a Coyote V8

Nico430

First Name
Nico
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landrover LR3
Observation. Ford released a well circulated concept photo of what a new bronco might look like, years ago. It showed a very distinctive grille shape that was effectively a rectangle that then tapered down at the lower corners. If you look closely at the photos of the spy shot - you can see a crease in the cammo, revealing a line tapering down. A lot of people on here are noting that there are panels and padding meant to throw us off -- do guys think this is fake, or is this line an indication that the grille isn't going to be the candy bar rectangle we are all assuming?

3F2B6276-CCA0-4DDC-AD54-04E7750F41A9.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
SFA big V8 are the only way I'll buy one.
Needs to have 14k tow rating too...
Oh and a manual automatic.
Oh and it needs to be under 25k.
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Is that like fully semiautomatic?

Twomstone

First Name
Connor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf 5MT
Also just noticed the camo appears to have letters that spell out BRONCO with the bronco symbol along with icons that could be indicator lights/buttons for the interior or drive modes.

8B4EA648-C07B-4A4F-A153-27662D1F6720.png

33684F90-8464-4391-8FCC-0E06AC3EA32C.png
And zooming ever further (I know, the whole action/spy movie "enhance" would be great) you can kind of make out a few items, like a snowflake, tent, binoculars, etc. More importantly, you can see an outline of the bronco, and it looks like it has the roof removed as well as the rear support/C-pillar. This (to me at least) looks like it lends credence to the removable roof pillars that Ford's patent alluded too!
Screenshot_20200115-203633.jpg

HoosierDaddy

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
Observation. Ford released a well circulated concept photo of what a new bronco might look like, years ago. It showed a very distinctive grille shape that was effectively a rectangle that then tapered down at the lower corners. If you look closely at the photos of the spy shot - you can see a crease in the cammo, revealing a line tapering down. A lot of people on here are noting that there are panels and padding meant to throw us off -- do guys think this is fake, or is this line an indication that the grille isn't going to be the candy bar rectangle we are all assuming?

3F2B6276-CCA0-4DDC-AD54-04E7750F41A9.jpeg
I hated that 2004 front end then.... still hate it today.
I know a good many like it.... I can't stomach it.

OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
"Doug"
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
And zooming ever further (I know, the whole action/spy movie "enhance" would be great) you can kind of make out a few items, like a snowflake, tent, binoculars, etc. More importantly, you can see an outline of the bronco, and it looks like it has the roof removed as well as the rear support/C-pillar. This (to me at least) looks like it lends credence to the removable roof pillars that Ford's patent alluded too!
Higher res :thumbsup:

camo.jpeg

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...