Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the vehicle in the pics has a fake box on top (to throw off the proportions), or maybe a rack over the whole top (?), I think the final vehicle top (not including any rack) will be maybe 4 or 5 inches lower than what those pics show.
Overall looks good, overall proportions, correct me if I'm wrong, are about the same as the former Jeep Commander.
It definitely has padding there to throw off the design...I still think the R type is pretty close to what we'll see...just toned down some.

As for the antenna...there's no way they go with that thing...lol...most likely to just throw things off since the real one is probably completely covered and can't get a signal.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t believe that is the RR setup - from what I’ve read (and on TFL) that’s the 150 Raptor’s updated suspension to compete against the TRX. Also it’s not a Watts Link (Watt isn’t great for OR) it’s a panhard setup.
What I said is RR is currently watts

https://www.therangerstation.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019_blue_ford_ranger_watts_link.jpg
2019_blue_ford_ranger_watts_link.jpg

and whatever those spy shots are from (could be F150, sure), it appears close in geometry from what we can see
on bronco pics. What looks like a pretty low Panhard bar and "longer" lower control arms. At first I thought that
lateral bar was a thin sway bar, but it angles downward to pass side.

Could also be 5 link vs 3 link (like R claimed), but I think the upper for/aft links would be too short on 2 door and restrict
articulation. Could be different rear suspension of 4 door vs 2, as 2 will probably get wheeled in tight areas more
and 4 would be better for high speed stuff.

dorgan

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579038775166

Based on the 8th picture, where we see a shot at the rear of the Bronco, we can see a better line to the front fender shape. It almost slopes out like a Raptor fender. I am not 100% sold on the fact that these are the final fender/wheel well shapes.

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the antenna interesting in any way? The way it's so, old school?
It'll be interesting if that's final placement. (It probably is, at this point.) If the roof is removable, there's really no place to hide it; in a fin or embedded in the rear window.

Sponsored

mikefmoto

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Wrangler Sport S Manual; 2012 Subaru Outback Manual
What's up with the B pillar? Do they have to unwrap this thing every time they get in it, or are they trying to cover up removable doors? Looks like a bulge in front of the drivers door.

Frameless door at the top. Just glass sealing against the top.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It'll be interesting if that's final placement. (It probably is, at this point.) If the roof is removable, there's really no place to hide it; in a fin or embedded in the rear window.
I actually like it there

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why not fold flat or be easily removed? Here's the popular fold and tumble aftermarket seat for the early Broncos. Something like this would be super practical but not sure about safety with airbag requirements or what not.
Speaking of which , what do you jeep guys use to keep stuff safe with the top off. I bolted in a locking box behind folding seat in my EB.
Would make removing that seat useless though with box in the way.

DCP05365.jpg

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A few things, that I think about when looking at the photos. 1. Door handles look to be at different heights (I'm OCD, this kills me) 2. I honestly loved the body side step of the R, I don't see it here. 3. Definitely lots of covered parts under the camo. This is just a tease from Ford, not likely real spy photos. 4. Looks like a surprise on the rear quarter panels, otherwise why cover them up so much? I think this will be a great looking ride. These photos don't do it justice IMO. However they give me some rough dimensions to work with.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Behold, as we bring you the first actual (non-mule) Ford Bronco (U725) prototype caught by our photographer testing in Dearborn!!

Up until now Bronco prototypes wearing the production body have been testing only internally and under the cover of darkness to avoid detection. Ford’s finally decided it’s time to let the world see an actual prototype after it released a teaser video last week of a Bronco powertrain/frame mule wearing a modified Ford Ranger body.

This first camouflaged look reveals a four-door Bronco wearing heavy cladding over the entire roof and rear end/trunk. The front clip and grille are heavily disguised with padding and vinyl camouflage.

Nevertheless, we can see that the design hints at an upright stance with a clean, boxy design and upright pillars leading to short front and rear overhangs which should please the off-road crowd. The prototype shows a good amount of ground clearance and a spare wheel on the swing gate complemented by what appear to be production intent tail lamps.

The side view shows a low belt line for good visibility, rounded fenders, running boards that extend the entire length from the front to rear wheels, roomy wheel wells for larger tires and side mirrors which appear to be mounted on the A-pillar (as opposed to the doors).

As for the suspension, there are strong indications of an independent front suspension (IFS) as several photos show a lower A-arm bolt.

Let us know what other details you see!

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! DCP05365
Ok, things I see. ***educated speculation***
Mirrors are on the A-pillar .see photo 8
No frames around the windows like the mustang
Pan-hard bar, not a watts link
LOTS of excess cladding over the front, makes it look off.
Spare tire appears to be attached to the gate, which tells me, swing gate.
Wheel wells are very deep, lots of room for tire options.
Lower link mounts have plating to slide over obstacles

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the intended nature of camouflaging and vinyl sheathing, not all aspects of lighting can be seen with clear cut accuracy.

You still gotta wait to see more.

The leaked headlights could be final and this mule could have something else grafted on there, maybe?
This vehicle is absolutely not a "mule" at this point, considering that engineering completion is of the present. If it still was a mule, you would not be very happy or quite disinterested.

Here's the big thing with the Bronco...they really need to price this thing right.

The KIA Telluride is selling like mad...so fast they cannot keep up with production or keep them on the lots...the value is just absurd for that thing....

Now KIA is rumoring to be bringing a 'S' version (like Audi) and also an Off-road version with bulkier tires like jeeps have, skid plates, roof rack & side compartments, etc.

I know they are different in the sense of the prospective buyer, but it's something to consider.
Kia is not a concern in the least in regards to this program. Still very much apples and oranges.

It definitely has padding there to throw off the design...I still think the R type is pretty close to what we'll see...just toned down some.

As for the antenna...there's no way they go with that thing...lol...most likely to just throw things off since the real one is probably completely covered and can't get a signal.
Considering that the R is more 11th hour, this isn't really "toned down". Even if you saw it last, this design has been around 1 1/2 years at this point.

I'd say "toned up" and this is just more "subdued".

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the vehicle in the pics has a fake box on top (to throw off the proportions), or maybe a rack over the whole top (?), I think the final vehicle top (not including any rack) will be maybe 4 or 5 inches lower than what those pics show.
Overall looks good, overall proportions, correct me if I'm wrong, are about the same as the former Jeep Commander.
Agreed. They did a really good job with the camo. There’s tons of padding on the roof, and plastic cladding on the body. All we really know is that it’s square and long with an upright windshield, and round wheel wells. I’m stoked for more styling info.

Last edited:

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am very excited for this. Was hoping to see a solid axle in the front. There's still time maybe. I do hope they catch a 2dr running around soon. I think that's what I want to get. Would look nice sitting next to my B2 in the garage.