Sponsored

First cracked windshield - where to take for repair?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my windshield got it by a rock today dead center in the bottom portion of the window, and within 30 seconds it spread side to side. Luckily the crack finished up at the bottom of the windshield on both sides. It is not really in my line of sight but obviously want to get it replaced since I have a $0 deductible (at the recommendation of other B6G members for only $30 more every year)

I want to get OEM glass. I have never had to replace a windshield, so my question is where to go? I am in the Pacific NW if that makes a difference. In the photo below you can see the crack curl down to the bottom of the window. It did the same thing on the other side.

Ford Bronco First cracked windshield - where to take for repair? IMG_8451

Any advice would be appreciated. I only have the high package, so not sure if there are any sensors that need to be recalibrated after replacing the windshield.

In the other threads Safelite seems to be hit or miss. Thinking that since I don't have a deductible, maybe just get it done at the dealership...
Sponsored

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So my windshield got it by a rock today dead center in the bottom portion of the window, and within 30 seconds it spread side to side. Luckily the crack finished up at the bottom of the windshield on both sides. It is not really in my line of sight but obviously want to get it replaced since I have a $0 deductible (at the recommendation of other B6G members for only $30 more every year)

I want to get OEM glass. I have never had to replace a windshield, so my question is where to go? I am in the Pacific NW if that makes a difference. In the photo below you can see the crack curl down to the bottom of the window. It did the same thing on the other side.

Ford Bronco First cracked windshield - where to take for repair? IMG_8451

Any advice would be appreciated. I only have the high package, so not sure if there are any sensors that need to be recalibrated after replacing the windshield.

In the other threads Safelite seems to be hit or miss. Thinking that since I don't have a deductible, maybe just get it done at the dealership...
I went to Safelite and they were great. OEM glass and I watched every step of them putting it in. Very smooth. They recalibrated the ADAS as well.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Safelite came to my house about two days after my windshield got the divot shown below and replaced it with a genuine Ford Bronco windshield that was identical to the original. I observed the whole procedure and I'm convinced that their installation was better than the original Ford job, based on how the black glue stuff that holds it in was applied. I was 100% happy with the result. I guess it depends on who is running your local SafeLite shop, but I'm very happy with the one in my area. They also replaced the windshield on my Escape and I'm totally happy with that one too.

RCJJwOm.jpg

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition