Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like most my heart was set on the Black MOD top. But after seeing this pic of Lightning Blue with MIC Gray top, I believe it still looks gorgeous. If I absolutely hate the Gray top in person I can always order a Black top later. Heck maybe even go with a White top or color match 🤔. I'm still all in. Life is good smile, we hold the the Golden FE tickets 😃
Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1).jpg
Nice Pic!!!! My new desktop background my dream of a CO 4 door is out.

Trying to decide if we are still going to buy the 2 door lightning blue. What color interior is now back in play as well.

We may push my FE res to 22MY to determine what is up with the white top. Either way not buying 2 FEs in 21MY.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like most my heart was set on the Black MOD top. But after seeing this pic of Lightning Blue with MIC Gray top, I believe it still looks gorgeous. If I absolutely hate the Gray top in person I can always order a Black top later. Heck maybe even go with a White top or color match 🤔. I'm still all in. Life is good smile, we hold the the Golden FE tickets 😃
Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1).jpg
Yup that looks fantastic.

Wish I could be at Barrett Jackson.

We should all tune in on the 27th. I’m sure they will do a great job showing our future FE, MIC top and LB exterior

lbryja

First Edition
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, that picture definitely makes me feel better. I was a little mad at first but in all honesty, I was slightly relieved as well because I wasn't looking forward to the swirl marks that come with a gloss black paint job.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Guess I'm gonna have to buy a soft top. Let's just hope Ford doesn't fall back on the black interior, because then I may be really upset.

Sponsored

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First off, I have to say that I am so very glad I moved my reservations to Granger! They have been fantastic to work with (and very patient with me).

With that being said, they sent me a build sheet this morning for a Badlands to compare to my First Edition and while not fiscally responsible, I’m sticking with the First Edition with the MIC top. I’d still prefer the shadow black mod top, but I can live with the MIC.

Now, does anyone know if the black FE interior is still late availability? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that it’s not anymore.

BRONC0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the folks (like me) that wanted the dual soft top / black mod top, why can't Ford deliver the FE with the soft top, then ship the mod top when it's available?

I don't hate the MIC top, but thought the matching all the gloss black stuff would make the FE what it was intended to be.

At this point I'm curious if a maxed-out Badlands with leather would deliver earlier than doing late-availability black leather on the FE?

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do we still get the 200,000 Ford Pass points if we switch to a Badlands with MIC? I really think they should just do all MY22 and extend the build year so we can still get an FE like we ordered with a Mod top. I'm not seeing anything real special about an FE now except the price. I may switch and get a mid level Badlands and let Ford work out all of the production issues before ordering again in a couple of years.

Deleted member 13817

I would be completely fine delaying my F.E. until MY22 if I could keep my order and wait for the black top. I think Ford is forcing the revenue to come in for their most expensive build for FY22.

There should be something worked out for F.E. orders. I don't want to let go of my reservation without any details about what we could order from the 22 lineup.

Sponsored

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My guess is ford knows we have zero chips here. If current FE holders don't buy them as they want to offer them, there are 10 others who will gladly take an MSRP FE with whatever top they bolt to it. I just hope the mechanicals aren't a pile either and anyone who had to have a MY21 is laughed at with small tweaks, fixes, and options for 22+ (ac seats, etc.)

I'd like the FE to be special, not a lemon. We might end up with both.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good to know that someone is ok. Sounds like you had already moved on before the latest news based on your sig. Did you make your decision based on the late availability news from earlier this year?

I am with you on this. My wife is extremely upset. She really likes the mod top features. She is upset enough to drop the whole thing and stick with her 2012 VW Golf R. She was going to get a Lightning blue Bronco 2 door FE. She does not care about the wait just ensuring she gets what she wants. The constant changes as Ford continues to screw this up is giving her an extreme aversion to the brand. She was always a Chevy girl except for her desire to own a bronco. Maybe we will go old school like she always wanted.

My wife always wanted a white top. She may wait. I don’t know she is really pissed off. Waiting 2 years from a first night reservation is asking too much. She agrees that a MiC top at that price point is ridiculous.

We are looking at a Badlands as well. Positive is more color choices and MGV interior.

At the end of the day we are probably going to only buy one Bronco now if at all. Going to be a long weekend eating the shit sandwich that Ford provided.
Were in the same boat buddy. I reserved my FE bronco and while waiting I had the opportunity to buy my dream car (C7 Z06). I didn’t want to give my FE up so I asked my wife if she wanted it. Just when she was coming around to getting rid of her Grand Cherokee they pull the tops she wanted.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is and what could of been. 😪. I'm not going to lie the Black Mod would of looked fantastic. 😭
Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1) (1).jpg
View attachment 103151

Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1) (3).jpg
Are you going to live with the MIC or move on to another top option?

I will now be sporting a Trektop Soft Top From Bestop. Never wanted a soft top.
View attachment 103153

Thanks a lot FORD!!! I guess a have a new dog house for the yard.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you going to live with the MIC or move on to another top option?

I will now be sporting a Trektop Soft Top From Bestop. Never wanted a soft top.
View attachment 103153

Thanks a lot FORD!!! I guess a have a new dog house for the yard.
I'm taking delivery of my FE with the Gray top and will order a Black MOD when they become available. Saving $1895 (diference between tops), $495 (Headliner credit), $1000 (Value of Ford points) and $700 (selling used MIC gray top). Total savings of $4090, which should be close to cost of New black MOD Hardtop from over the counter.
Sponsored