Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never "modified" a vehicle in my life. Have taken my BL Sas off road a couple of times now and excited to do something to it just to get my feet wet. Thinking about something simple to get started. Lighting in the bumper seems logical and easy but also looking at compressor in the engine bay. Anyone remember back to what they did for their first trip into the modification world?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Bronco or in general?
First "mod" was a Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel on my 71 Camaro.

First Bronco "Mod" (term is used quite liberally these days) was aftermarket wheels, followed by lighting additions to the cowl and front bumper. And it snowballs from there.
You'll be adding a table, grab handles, vinyl, lift, skids, on and on once you start.
May the odds be in your favor.

Imgroot

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If mine ever is released from Ice Mountain/Spring Mountain (Badlands/Sasquatch) I have my steps (Go Rhino Dominator D6) to replace the rock rails already. How is it getting into your Bronco without an outside step? Also, works as a guard from rocks, doors and anything else that would like to bang into the sides. Seemed logical to me for that to be my first move. Also, have the Redline hood lift shocks, soft top assist shocks from AIG and a bullet antenna waiting for my Bronco. Just some simple ideas for starter additions. Good luck and enjoy it. A lot of us our waiting for ours and envy everyone with one.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first mod the morning after I picked it up was installing the Rocklside Engineering steps. Took most of the day doing it solo, but I love them, not only for the protection from flying debris as well as the fact that I am short and need them for getting in to a SAS'd Badlands.

Sponsored
OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Bronco or in general?
First "mod" was a Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel on my 71 Camaro.

First Bronco "Mod" (term is used quite liberally these days) was aftermarket wheels, followed by lighting additions to the cowl and front bumper. And it snowballs from there.
You'll be adding a table, grab handles, vinyl, lift, skids, on and on once you start.
May the odds be in your favor.
Bronco Mod....I should mention I did ceramic it. I think lighting is probably simplest for me to try (not the most mechanically inclined....know enough to be dangerous ).....build my ego up and make me feel like I know what the hell I'm doing :oops:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of how you intend to use it and add/modify to make it better for that. Body protection and recovery aids are always a safe choice.

The first thing I did was change out the hard top bolts for tie downs. I use them all the time now.

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If mine ever is released from Ice Mountain/Spring Mountain (Badlands/Sasquatch) I have my steps (Go Rhino Dominator D6) to replace the rock rails already. How is it getting into your Bronco without an outside step? Also, works as a guard from rocks, doors and anything else that would like to bang into the sides. Seemed logical to me for that to be my first move. Also, have the Redline hood lift shocks, soft top assist shocks from AIG and a bullet antenna waiting for my Bronco. Just some simple ideas for starter additions. Good luck and enjoy it. A lot of us our waiting for ours and envy everyone with one.
Like the antenna idea, long one looks goofy. I have the rock rails but no steps. A little adjustment going from a Honda Accord to Bronco but not bad in and out. Actually got 76 year old, 5'4" mom into this weekend. She needed a little help but managed. Hood shocks seem doable for a guy like me too. Thing is real heavy. Not really a vehicle mod but want a hoist for MIC top.

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of how you intend to use it and add/modify to make it better for that. Body protection and recovery aids are always a safe choice.

The first thing I did was change out the hard top bolts for tie downs. I use them all the time now.
Did dealer installed winch and fortunately/unfortunately got a lesson on using it last time out...so yes a modification but didn't do that one on my own. Glad I had it though :eek:

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DO NOT DO IT. DO IT. DO NOT DO IT.

Seriously - I first started modding cars before I had a driver's license. Bumping the timing, tuning the carb and adding headers to by brother's GTO. I was maybe 13? That was 35+ years ago.

I could have retired 10 years ago if I'd have invested all the $$ I've put into vehicles over the years, but I don't regret most of it.

It's an enjoyment thing for me - slightly cheaper than paying a therapist with the plus side that vehicles can't talk to you - so there is that.

Some idiot once told me "do what you love for a living, and you'll never work a day in your life."

Became an ASE certified tech before graduating HS. Worked at a GM dealer. ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. Didn't even want to work on my then '67 SS Chevelle after dealing with people all day.......

Ironically, car stereo upgrades in my youth (plus drag racing and a stint in the Army) screwed my hearing enough that factory stereos work just fine for me now LOL.

Do something do your Bronco that YOU want. Don't fall into the trap of worrying about what other people think. It's your time, your money, your Bronco - do what you want.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First mods I did were small...removed BL badge, installed Redline hood struts, replaced hardtop bolts w/ tie-downs, ditch lights, tailgate table. From there it snowballed...removed crash bars and moved up to 35s, 3" SS cat-back exhaust, pulled the wing tips off the mod bumper. Currently waiting on a set of Fabtech lower trailing arms. Not sure what's next but I can't wait.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You are about to enter the Bronco Broke zone!!!!!!!!
Once you start.... you are a lifer... beware!!

One thing I did do with the Bronco that was like my 10th mod was Pedal Commander. Highly recommend. Changes the driving experience and is a 10 minute install. Anyone can do it and it makes the Bronco feel more responsive and fast.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First mods I did were small...removed BL badge, installed Redline hood struts, replaced hardtop bolts w/ tie-downs, ditch lights, tailgate table. From there it snowballed...removed crash bars and moved up to 35s, 3" SS cat-back exhaust, pulled the wing tips off the mod bumper. Currently waiting on a set of Fabtech lower trailing arms. Not sure what's next but I can't wait.
I've seen several people now with the Redline hood struts. Is there reason to have the hood open enough to warrant replacing the struts? On a new vehicle, I don't see myself doing more than filling the washer fluid and potentially oil changes if I'm doing them myself. My wrangler has no struts and it's never caused me to wish it did.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side steps and dash speakers would be my recommendation.

That alone made my experience more pleasant and I use em everyday
Sponsored

Last edited: