Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I've heard anyone mention this. Only thing I've had folks tell me is how much better it looks than a 4 door.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see how they can be confused. Even a stock Base Bronco on the 16" steelies overshadows the Bronco Sport.
The Baby Bronco Base is 1/2 inch taller, a few inches shorter, and an inch wider, than the Sport.

Last edited:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's an extremely short leep from saying the "4 door looks like a Flex" to saying the "2 Door looks like a Sport"...

In both cases, starting with a front 3 Quarters View, there are similarities because of commonalities in the Grills and other Ford styling queues, And someone who does like and care about cars, but doesn't really give rat's patootie about Ford could easily confuse them cause it's not something they care that much about...

Kinda like all the people around here who keep referring to Rock Crawling as Rock Climbing... I participate in both, and they are very different things, But why would I care or expect that someone who doesn't participate in either gets them confused?

Last edited:

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my 2 door Bronco and have no need for 4 doors. I have run into something that does bug me. I'm driving a Non-Sas Badlands, I've had like 5 people ask if I've but a lift on it. Then talking to a guy a work it, who asked the same thing, I figured it out..... They think it's a Bronco Sport with a lift.....
It hit me when he said, " I've seen a bunch and didn't really like them, but with a lift they look good." I asked how many he has seen and he said, "Like 100" and as I walked by the truck in the dark, I can see the confusion. The 2 door Bronco does look a lot more like the Sport then the 4 door. Still Love my 2 door and think the 4 door looks like the Ford Flex with a lift.
I wouldn’t sweat it! I think those people need glasses. Your 2 door does not look like Bronco Sport. Enjoy it this summer :)

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would never be an issue if Ford didn't put BRONCO across the front of the sport. It should just have the blue oval. I just tell people if it doesn't have the spare tire on the back, it's not a Bronco.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had people ask me if mine is a Bronco Sport as well (2-door non-SAS). I don't mind, I just explain the difference. I think my truck looks pretty sporty anyway so 🤷‍♂️

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one I've encountered has mixed the two up. I even came out of a place to find a CO Badlands Sport parked next to me and they are clearly different vehicles, to where a couple people approached me to say they liked my real Bronco better. I didn't even prompt an exchange, people are still just excited to see these in person it seems.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not at all

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not that they look alike, I mean sure they both have four wheels, it’s just that those people don’t care and are only half paying attention. They don’t see past the white Bronco on the grill until they actually take a moment to pay attention. Or they finally see the big Bronco and notice it’s different and that makes them pay a little more attention. I’ve been told too “I see them everywhere”. Yeah no you haven’t. You’ve just seen white Bronco letters.
I’ve owned the sport. There’s a small resemblance in the shape of the hood. But that’s about it. I think the sport looks a little more like a Land Rover or Toyota than the big bronco thanks to that “safari” roof.

Sponsored

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There will always be car people and non car people…

Car people know which trim you have from 50 yards…

Non car people just see general characteristics…

Case & Point:
I drove my mother up to the dealer to take delivery of her brand new highlander, and as I walked her up she saw a parked Volvo and said “oh is that it? I love it!” I said no Momma ours is blue (thinking to myself that’s an S60R 🤟).

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my 2 door Bronco and have no need for 4 doors. I have run into something that does bug me. I'm driving a Non-Sas Badlands, I've had like 5 people ask if I've but a lift on it. Then talking to a guy a work it, who asked the same thing, I figured it out..... They think it's a Bronco Sport with a lift.....
It hit me when he said, " I've seen a bunch and didn't really like them, but with a lift they look good." I asked how many he has seen and he said, "Like 100" and as I walked by the truck in the dark, I can see the confusion. The 2 door Bronco does look a lot more like the Sport then the 4 door. Still Love my 2 door and think the 4 door looks like the Ford Flex with a lift.
I get that same response, "That looks a lot bigger than the others ive seen." Then i say that's because they have two different models. "OHHHH!"

Make you wonder if there is a poor sob out there that got a sport thinking it was the only bronco only to miss out on this one. 🤔

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Sport. No way does it look like a 2-door full size Bronco, no matter what angle your view. People have asked and do think it's the full size, but I believe that's because they are not familiar with them.

Will be trading it in on my 2-door Black Diamond when it arrives end of this month.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, we own a Sport and the two door. They are definitely different. Having owned an early, I think Ford did a great job pulling in the early cues to this new one. The Sport looks and feels nothing like the two door.
Sponsored