Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

jlauer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's super sad. I called the service desk at Bill Utter Ford here in north Fort Worth TX. Left a message. They called me back 20 minutes later. Said I could come in that day. I got there an hour later. They uploaded the fix in 15 minutes. Didn't even charge me.
Sponsored

Wkm01

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have called several Ford dealers in southern Florida. They all say an appointment is required and can't get me in until May. Is this software update only available at the dealership, or is it also coming via remote wifi update? I had read early in this thread that some people were getting it via wireless update.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This only came out Tuesday, and the way I read the SSM, the customer as to complaint about the EBB towing issue to get the update.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have called several Ford dealers in southern Florida. They all say an appointment is required and can't get me in until May. Is this software update only available at the dealership, or is it also coming via remote wifi update? I had read early in this thread that some people were getting it via wireless update.
how far southwest FL did you call? might save me some time?

Sponsored

Wkm01

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone purchased a 2 day license to Ford FDRS and attempted to update the ABS software themselves using the OBD port? If so, how do you know the latest software in FDRS contains the fix described in the Ford SSM?

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Made an appointment with the dealership here in Stuart, FL. According to them this is a customer satisfaction issue and may or may not be covered. Letā€™s just add some more frustration to an already frustrating issue. RidiculousšŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well guess what looks like this update to fix the EBB going to sleep as been out there for a couple of months and it is a OTA update.
Ran across a post it this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ota-software-update-instructions.45983/page-9
So I when out an checked my Bronco a few minutes ago and yes I have the update.
Looking in OASIS I got update 22-PU1010-MIL-LT on Feb. 13, 2023 which is the ABS updated software.

Bulletin Date:Nov. 17, 2022
Component:Owners/service manual.
Bulletin Summary:Priority update 22-pu1010-mil-lt for 2021-2022 model year bronco vehicles is now available. Quality improvements include: improvements to neutral tow and ebb interaction, improvements to esc-off switch not reacting, improvement to mil ligh

You will know if you have the update because you will get some new warnings about the brakes.

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Made an appointment with the dealership here in Stuart, FL. According to them this is a customer satisfaction issue and may or may not be covered. Letā€™s just add some more frustration to an already frustrating issue. RidiculousšŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
Check the update screen on your radio and see if there are any updates avaiable.

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve been checking that screen pretty regularly but nothing shows up. Iā€™ll check again today. I did get a ford pass notification several weeks back but not sure that did anything. Still have the original firmware version as when I got the vehicle.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve been checking that screen pretty regularly but nothing shows up. Iā€™ll check again today. I did get a ford pass notification several weeks back but not sure that did anything. Still have the original firmware version as when I got the vehicle.
The easiest way is to put the Bronco in Tow Mode and see if you start getting Brake and Pre-Collision warnings. You do not need to be connected to your motorhome.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Free for me.

Alimony

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well so much for having to go to the dealer to have this installed. Just checked and now Iā€™m seeing all the additional warning messages (check brake, pre-collision). In addition I got a message about auto-trac when taking out of tow mode. Been towing this thing around for months and never seen those message before. Havenā€™t taken it to a dealership for any work so this has to be updated remotely.

Thanks for the nudge Grant. Cancelling my appointment at the dealership.
Sponsored