Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You should be able to get the "capable bumper" which includes fog lights, and the winch.
I want the capable bumper, but everything I'm hearing says it won't be available on MY21. ?
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fog lights are less about enabling you to see better but allowing oncoming or following traffic to see you better.
Actually no, with the exception of the rear red fog light (used more in Europe). Fog lights throw a flat wedged pattern light, low and wide to light the road in front of you under the fog. The beam is restricted to prevent light above the bumper if correctly mounted, so it won't help oncoming drivers see you better than the headlights do. I have see too many people try to use driving lights as fog lights, only blinding everyone concerned.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I use fogs often, finding them useful to help locate the edge of the driving lane or pavement. The presence and quality of lane striping can be lacking in my area, especially at night when the road is wet, or when there is rain, snow and/or fog.

In response to the OP's question. . . in daylight, driving into a mountaintop cloud, as mentioned above the benefit is increased visibility of your vehicle to others. I've been in fog so thick visibility was zero beyond the end of the hood! Fog lights won't improve visibility in this instance.

I will be putting amber or yellow lenses/film on the factory fog lights, and I'm considering mounting a rear fog (red lens) thru one of the auxiliary switches for added visibility to others.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to utilize Baja Designs lights to be installed after I take delivery. Although Rigid could have similar lights, the B&P did not provide us with the details I needed.

I began by understanding the Lighting Zones so I would select the correct options.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Zones.asp

I will probably select Squadron SAE Pair LED Wide Cornering, Amber for street legal snow/fog/dust. These will give me coverage in Zones 1 & 2. These will be placed within my Badlands steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-SAE-Pair-LED-Wide-Cornering-Amber.asp

Next, I will select Squadron Sport, Pair Amber LED Driving/Combo for Off-Road Only where snow/fog/dust is an issue. These will give me additional coverage for Zone 3. These will be placed in or on the steel bumper.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-sport-pair-amber-led-driving-combo.asp

For my ditch lights, I will select S2 Pro, LED Spot for Off-Road Only ditch illumination. These will give me coverage for Zone 4. These will be placed on the ditch light location next to the rear-view mirrors.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/s2-pro-led-spot.asp

In addition, I will be installing lighting for Zone 7 in the rear and maybe a lower grill level light bar which will not compromise my front trail camera for additional off-road driving/combo lighting at a later date. Rock lights attached to the underbody may be considered. I will be certain to allocate my aux switches accordingly.

For me, it is a more comprehensive plan than utilizing the B&P options.

Last but not least, I will probably be using a dedicated fuse box (space permitting) rather than inline fuses to aid in ongoing maintenance.

As we know, Paul, our Baja Designs rep has moved over to the Purchasing Department at BD and Chris is now our rep. His organization should have the mounts we need once we take delivery.

Hope this is helpful.
I've seen a few reviews of the Baja Designs Squadrons SAE and they seem like they are very high quality with great light output (and that includes all of the Baja products, not just the SAEs). There are some good videos showing the details on what makes the SAE's different then the others in their Squadron lineup.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but I was digging around a bit on their website, curious to see if they had any upcoming products/kits specifically. Looks like they have the Bronco listed and are planning to offer some products/kits:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Ford-Bronco-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

No price listed yet (and you can't add to the cart obviously), so I assume this is an upcoming kit they will offer. It looks like it's the Squadron series but doesn't appear to say it's the "SAE" or not.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a few reviews of the Baja Designs Squadrons SAE and they seem like they are very high quality with great light output (and that includes all of the Baja products, not just the SAEs). There are some good videos showing the details on what makes the SAE's different then the others in their Squadron lineup.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but I was digging around a bit on their website, curious to see if they had any upcoming products/kits specifically. Looks like they have the Bronco listed and are planning to offer some products/kits:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Ford-Bronco-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

No price listed yet (and you can't add to the cart obviously), so I assume this is an upcoming kit they will offer. It looks like it's the Squadron series but doesn't appear to say it's the "SAE" or not.
Those look nice in theory with plug and play installation, but there really isn't any info on them, nor a price which is strange.

Does this mean they haven't developed them yet I wonder? If they're a concept and haven't gotten to test on a Bronco, hope the lights are as good as the render of the 2dr Bronco on the website. Hope these could match well with the winch, if so, I may pick these up.

Thanks for sharing.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those look nice in theory with plug and play installation, but there really isn't any info on them, nor a price which is strange.

Does this mean they haven't developed them yet I wonder? If they're a concept and haven't gotten to test on a Bronco, hope the lights are as good as the render of the 2dr Bronco on the website. Hope these could match well with the winch, if so, I may pick these up.

Thanks for sharing.
We may be able to obtain a comment from @Baja Designs if they read this post.
You might also keep an eye on the following thread which they use occasionally.
Greetings from Baja Designs! | Page 6 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some questions on Fog Lights.

1. Are they really worth it? I have never lived in a fog prone area. Never had them. Did run into serious fog in North Carolina trying to go to the top of whatever that mountain is, the tallest one in the eastern USA. Had to turn back. Would it have made a difference?

2. Why for the love of all that’s holy don’t the Black Diamond or Badlands come with fog lights? I tried to add them in B&P with the HD steel bumper and no such luck. Do I have this wrong?
I would never want to be without them! The difference is real. If I I accidentally hit the switch in my F350, the minute the lights come on I know that the fog lights are off. Hope this helps.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition to Baja Designs, it seems likely Rigid will be offering some sort of lighting kit for the Bronco. They already have kits that include fogs, driving lights, and spots for the Raptor, and we know they are supporting the Bronco. I'd expect Diode Dynamics to be offering something as well (really just needs a bracket to mount lights to the HD bumper).

I also know that both Offroad Alliance and Specialty Performance Parts are actively developing lighting kits for the Bronco. Personally, I'm more excited for these, as they tend to offer a bit more flexibility with the kinds of light patterns you want. Plus they actually responded when I emailed them and asked.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think rear fog lights are much more important to not get rear ended but it seems that is not a priority in the US... ??‍♂
I don't see it as much anymore. But I would love when I'd see, mostly mercedes, drivers driving around in normal conditions with their rear fog light on. Bc I guarantee they thought they were activating front lights and had zero idea it was actually for the rear.

Yeah, not a big thing in the US. My Saab had the rear. Only reason I knew about them.

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Thanks for sharing.
We have not listed pricing yet as we are finishing up on development and want to make sure all of the final materials are properly spec'd and priced. The prices and configurations will be very similar to our Raptor fog kits. I am not sure when we will release the pricing and pre-orders but you guys will be the first to know. I also encourage you to keep an eye on our social media and newsletter. We will sometimes leak info here and there via email. Next week's launch will include info on the new Bronco Sport kits.

Slater - your lighting package is very nicely thought out. Glad that you are all finding our Lighting Zone chart helpful. We have some more resources dropping soon that should give even more input.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have not listed pricing yet as we are finishing up on development and want to make sure all of the final materials are properly spec'd and priced. The prices and configurations will be very similar to our Raptor fog kits. I am not sure when we will release the pricing and pre-orders but you guys will be the first to know. I also encourage you to keep an eye on our social media and newsletter. We will sometimes leak info here and there via email. Next week's launch will include info on the new Bronco Sport kits.

Slater - your lighting package is very nicely thought out. Glad that you are all finding our Lighting Zone chart helpful. We have some more resources dropping soon that should give even more input.
Thanks for replying. Sounds good! 🙂

More interested in options from you guys and want to make a comparison.

Will be patient and keep an eye on your posts and do follow you on the Instagrams as well.
Sponsored