Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting a '21 because I know what I want and I think I can handle any issues that arise. I'm neither old nor young - right in the middle. But I want a Bronco and I'm getting a Bronco. And with all the recalls on almost all cars these days, I think there's a chance youll have issues with anything you buy. And such is life. I'm only planning on spending $40k though. So I think thats a lot different than $60k.
Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
First of all, I don't care what Jeep pricing is.. Been there, done that and the only reason I did was because they were the only player in the market segment. I have been a Ford customer and Bronco owner since the late seventies.

A lot of the things people complain about on this forum (And I thought the Jeep forums were bad) don't concern me and I trust Ford to get it right or make it right if there is an issue. While there are a few things I am not a fan of in 2021 models with interior color combinations being my biggest complaint I can make something work. There may be a point however that I may be forced to make another purchase based on timing if things slip much further. Should that be the case I likely will go with another F150 in the Tremor variant and get the Bronco in my next purchase cycle in 2024.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No Red flags here either. The grass may be greener in 2022 or not. I don't need or want a V8, there is a color I can live with, I don't dislike the gray interior, I like it, I don't want a bunch of accessories, blah, blah blah. I would not buy a $70K Bronco Warthog. Considering that most likely only 30% of these Broncos will ever see dirt there is an awful lot of consternation over configurations that are all just hot air. I can't wait to get my truck because I have held off buying anything since the rumors of a return started a couple years ago. Like I have said before many of the folks here will never be satisfied and really belong in plush crossovers.

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I love Bronco.
Besides that, it will be sweet being one of the first and the few that have a Bronco for the first 2 to 3 years. I think everyone else that cancels or goes and buys another vehicle that has hundreds and thousands of duplicates on the road will regret it.

Sponsored

Davmust

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This. 60+ years old and never set foot in a hospital in my life, until 2020. I spent a total of 1-1/2 months in there the past year.
I'm over 65 and it may be the last vehicle that I want and keep till my end of days, so why not! Especially with the wife being on the same page! BB, V6, Mid pkg with 33's first day.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Ford
I love Bronco
* These two brands have an emotive connection with me.

The new Ford Bronco is better than a Jeep in too many ways to count

I don't want a Jeep, I don't like Jeeps
I don't want to wait until 2022

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 - my guess is you will pay more for a 22 by a good amount.

#2 - I'm on a group buy and will get a great deal

#3 - I'm a Ford guy

#4 - waiting is for quitters ..lol

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My answerer is pretty simple, I am a bronco guy, I grew up hunting in them and now I own several early broncos that my buddy and I "as a hobby" fix up then flip them to fellow bronco lovers.

I'm at the point in my life now were I am able to afford anything I want , I also have been waiting since 2004 when ford showcased the prototype model that I was going to purchase one.

So at this point even if I need to wait until MY 22 or ford raises the prices, I can get over that.

Now that being said, there is no way in hell that a little speed bump in the road is going to detour me from my dream vehicle or the excitement I have for the new broncos.

Bronco forever !!!!!!

Stilbukn

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco, '13 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me I don’t see the red flags as much as some, the interior options look good
To me, I prefer the MIC top over the painted top. The delays do suck but some are to be expected. The BP price change to me was stupid and late. But in the end it didn’t affect my WT build..
Color options will always be changing with future years, I’m not one that sees a new color and thinks I need to trade mine in...
everyone needs to weigh their pros and cons and then make their best decision...

Is the Bronco the best priced vehicle option out there? Hell no but it’s been a dream of mine since my 6 year old self was riding with my ole
Man In his ‘73...
The ties that bind us sometimes makes the cons of this rollout seem minor..
As BroncoJay mentions, the ties that bind are strong here. My Grandpa gave me my first vehicle which is a '73 and if this thing could talk about all of the adventures it has been on.....! I can't bring myself to do a full restoration (only replacing parts here and there when absolutely necessary) because with each original piece that is replaced I lose a piece of history that we shared on a fishing trip or a race through the sand mines. "Remember when we backed into that tree and dented the rear quarter after we caught that monster Bass!" It's things like that which keep me from fixing the body damage or getting a new paint job. The driver door bares the mark of 47 years of ridding with your arm out the window.

This is what will have me racing to the dealership when my number is called. Hoping to get the CO WT and start having modern day adventures with my kids but with all of the creature comforts I've come accustomed too.
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? Bronco3
Ford Bronco For those sticking with the 2021....why? Bronco4

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what it is about ☝...

For me, open air driving is truly therapy for me.
The bronco gives F series build quality, open air driving, and...

My bronco comes with you all. All of you have become a community for me in 2020. Jeep has that as well but this one is mine.

When I take delivery of my $63k (oof) bronco, I look forward to letting people sit, drive, take pictures with their kids, whatever. That was me as a kid...

At worst, I change my mind and trade it on something else and loose money. I can live with that. I know some say age isn't a factor and I agree, however, the longer you live the more your perspectives grow (better/worse).

I've tasted mortality more than most on this forum I promise you. Life is so brief and sacred. If you are lucky enough to have things that are enjoyable, share them with others. Let people with kids take their picture and don't be annoyed. At the end of the day, they are just steel and wheels.

So my long winded answer to the OP is convertible of choice and Bronco6g keeping me into it.
Amen! It’s truly nice to be part of a fun club/community. I derive a lot of joy from the adventure of waiting and discovering.

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
Seems like you’re wrestling with being decisive. You want it or you don’t, that is your question summed up. People will have varying reasons for staying with their reservation, all of which are good. Those that don’t have good reasons or suffer from being indecisive will end up canceling there order. Hard to know when to zig or zag, eh?

Ford makes a good product, any reasonable person should be satisfied. A lot of replies on this sight come from speculation and rumors, which I don’t believe is productive. My outlook is optimistic, it will be a great vehicle that eventually gets made, I will enjoy it and gain satisfaction from the whole experience. Sometimes the journey makes the trip!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am I alone in thinking these types of threads are to try to subliminally convince us to cancel so those further down the list can move up :unsure:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And for those who believe that the 22's will somehow magically be better...you do realize that you're maybe only talking about a few months of production difference? There'll hardly be enough time to iron out anything. You better hold for 23's.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have owned 20 cars in my time, 3 of them have been Ford Broncos. My 2021 will not be my last car or Bronco, and while you all are holding off for a 2022, I know from experience that 2023, 2024 and later will bring great things.

By the time you get your 2022 there will be rumors about 2023s.

Plus I like AMB with a Gray top.
Sponsored