Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a late August reservation, am committed to getting a Bronco Badlands (though I did look at a Defender -- yes, yes, I know; not in the same class, etc.), but I have vehicle in excellent condition so I'm not in a hurry. I'm also not the kind of person who needs to be the first with anything. What I do want is a solid vehicle I can both drive daily and take out exploring on days off (I will often just take 9 or 10 days off every few weeks to get out to explore, do Landscape, URBEX, etc. photography) and use my vehicle to get me to locations near and far from the beaten path. While I'd love to get my Bronco sooner, rather than later, I DO want it done right. I'm also one of those who would rather have mine be a MY22 if I'm not getting it until AFTER other vehicle manufacturers are putting out their MY22 vehicles. So, if I can keep my current res, perhaps see what other color options (I'm currently leaning Rapid Red, A51 or Cactus Gray), or maybe even pick out a heritage edition Bronc, well... I'll go for a 22 (as long as I get it either before the end of 21 or VERY early in 22).
Sponsored

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am I alone in thinking these types of threads are to try to subliminally convince us to cancel so those further down the list can move up :unsure:
I honestly think Ford Bronco wants us to postpone too. Not trying to be a jerk but everything they have put out lately only makes MY22 more and more appealing and MY21 less and less

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I see a new one on a dealer lot that I like I'll buy it. I've had 3 of them and they are nice but far from perfect. I have a Wrangler that I have totally modded. That probably won't happen with a Bronco. It will be great to hear about these from owners and not Ford.

DanK14

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
All these responses are reassuring. A few reasons as probably mentioned previous in this thread that I'm personally holding onto MY21:
-Will be finally looking for a new DD this coming summer/fall
-Basesquatch is pretty good value right now and unsure if it will continue in MY22
-The 'cool' factor of a unique vehicle before anyone else I hate to say is there

I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger though with the possibility of a GREEN bronco in the future!

Anyone else looking to maybe get a Bronco sport in the meantime? I've been cross shopping those in case I decide to maybe wait a few years for the full size. Either that or maybe a Ranger.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly think Ford Bronco wants us to postpone too. Not trying to be a jerk but everything they have put out lately only makes MY22 more and more appealing and MY21 less and less
Your Jedi mind tricks are still not working on me :p

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm ready after yesterday and learning the news of new colors and what not I've decided hell with it I'm getting mine for 21. I'm ready to have it so have it and start planning my vacation. So I'm getting everything available and going to be happy. Later on I want another one I'll buy one! I miss having a capable SUV! I'm so ready to travel wild again!

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else looking to maybe get a Bronco sport in the meantime? I've been cross shopping those in case I decide to maybe wait a few years for the full size. Either that or maybe a Ranger.
My wife typically leases a new Escape every three years. She is due in a year for her next one and she has already told me she wants the Sport instead of an Escape. I wouldn't want one personally and rarely drive her Escape but even though they are on the same platform I am glad she is interested in the Sport next time.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What specifically? There is nothing they have put out lately that has made me think that.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to wait, and I'm getting an extended warranty.

Sponsored

DanK14

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife typically leases a new Escape every three years. She is due in a year for her next one and she has already told me she wants the Sport instead of an Escape. I wouldn't want one personally and rarely drive her Escape but even though they are on the same platform I am glad she is interested in the Sport next time.
I'm in the camp of I WANT a Bronco but don't really need it for my everyday life.
Realistically just need something semi-rugged that can haul my hockey equipment to the rink and handle my 90% city driving which is basically the Sport......BUT THE BASESQUATCH IS SO BADASS!

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also I want to say that I love th

What specifically? There is nothing they have put out lately that has made me think that.
I hope you’re kidding