Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll direct you back to the list and reiterate my comment. While Jeep dealers are ripping people off the ones giving deals can still get vehicles. Granger, Gupton, Horsham etc all have no problems selling Jeeps in this climate.
I see that, but I find it very strange. In my area, Wranglers were MSRP or less for a long while now, except the 392.
Sponsored

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And some of us who pay cash still like to negoiate, regardless of price.

The dealers feel selling cars is a game to extract the maximum amount of profit out of customers.

Yes, I can afford MSRP, or more, but part of the game is that customers should do everything they can to part with the minimum amount of cash necessary, your savings/investment accounts will thank you.
I agree with you that looking out for your finances is in your best interest. Most people in the car business don’t treat it as a game, and feel like they have the same right to earn the necessary amount of cash for their personal accounts as well.
It’s the high ball pricing salespeople and low balling shopping customers that treat it like a game instead of a standard financial transaction that ruin it for everyone else.

A “good deal” for the customer is not a good deal for the Dealer, and a “good deal” for a Dealer isn’t good for the customer. The problem lies with a “DEAL”. MSRP in this current market is a fair deal as opposed to being a “good” deal for one of the two parties.

I’ve had customers that have had the audacity to tell my salespeople that it isn’t their problem if they starve and can’t support themselves or their families. When I interjected in the past and told them that we prefer not to do business with someone of their mindset they usually responded that they can’t find the car they wanted anywhere else. I’d respond that equally isn’t my problem.

This current market of giving people generous value for their vehicles and not underpricing current inventory is the best case scenario for the industry. The exception to that is the greedy dealers price gouging. But we all win, customers and the good dealers both, when people move on to a store that treats them fairly.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see that, but I find it very strange. In my area, Wranglers were MSRP or less for a long while now, except the 392.
Yeah, I could see that. Not sure where they’re getting the numbers from.

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It may just be a local thing but have not seen markups on Wranglers at all. Even know someone
that recently bought a 392 at no markup. However, I have noticed almost no inventory recently at jeep dealers.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I agree with you that looking out for your finances is in your best interest. Most people in the car business don’t treat it as a game, and feel like they have the same right to earn the necessary amount of cash for their personal accounts as well.
It’s the high ball pricing salespeople and low balling shopping customers that treat it like a game instead of a standard financial transaction that ruin it for everyone else.

A “good deal” for the customer is not a good deal for the Dealer, and a “good deal” for a Dealer isn’t good for the customer. The problem lies with a “DEAL”. MSRP in this current market is a fair deal as opposed to being a “good” deal for one of the two parties.

I’ve had customers that have had the audacity to tell my salespeople that it isn’t their problem if they starve and can’t support themselves or their families. When I interjected in the past and told them that we prefer not to do business with someone of their mindset they usually responded that they can’t find the car they wanted anywhere else. I’d respond that equally isn’t my problem.

This current market of giving people generous value for their vehicles and not underpricing current inventory is the best case scenario for the industry. The exception to that is the greedy dealers price gouging. But we all win, customers and the good dealers both, when people move on to a store that treats them fairly.
Yeah, I sorta figured you were a dealer. Since you have no bona fides on the forum we have no way of knowing if you are a good dealer or not, all we can go by are industry averages.

You sound like you have not been in the business that long, negotiating, aka, horse trading, is a centuries old tradition. For you to assert that car buying is a "standard financial transaction" that is ruined by those negotiating, you need to study car sales history a little more deeply. Tesla is a "standard financial transaction", not traditional vehicle manufacturers.

I don't low ball and I don't even step foot into any dealer that high balls. Negotiation 101 means Win-Win win for everyone. When I paid MSRP, not over, for my wife's 2000 Honda Odessy (the Kia Teluride of its day), it is the only time I have ever paid MSRP, I did negoiate a discount on the extended warranty. While in the finance guy's office, he knew I had left money on the table buying the extended warranty so he turned his monitor for me to see the figures while he left the room for a minute, Win-Win.

The art of Win-Win is not that hard to understand.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t think that list is accurate at all. I just bought, via order, an 4xe rubicon for 12% below MSRP. Ordered it to spec and Jeep had it here in 60 days. I cannot imagine many people cannot wait 60 days to save 30-40% off of MSRP.

Landin536

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And some of us who pay cash still like to negoiate, regardless of price.

The dealers feel selling cars is a game to extract the maximum amount of profit out of customers.

Yes, I can afford MSRP, or more, but part of the game is that customers should do everything they can to part with the minimum amount of cash necessary, your savings/investment accounts will thank you.

This current market of giving people generous value for their vehicles and not underpricing current inventory is the best case scenario for the industry. The exception to that is the greedy dealers price gouging. But we all win, customers and the good dealers, when people move on to a store that treats them fairly.
Yeah, I sorta figured you were a dealer. Since you have no bona fides on the forum we have no way of knowing if you are a good dealer or not, all we can go by are industry averages.

You sound like you have not been in the business that long, negotiating, aka, horse trading, is a centuries old tradition. For you to assert that car buying is a "standard financial transaction" that is ruined by those negotiating, you need to study car sales history a little more deeply. Tesla is a "standard financial transaction", not traditional vehicle manufactures.

I don't low ball and I don't even step foot into any dealer that high balls. Negotiation 101 means Win-Win win for everyone. When I paid MSRP for my wife's 2000 Honda Odessy (the Kia Teluride of its day), it is the only time I have ever paid MSRP, I did negoiate a small discount on the extended warranty. While in the finance guy's office, he knew I had left money on the table buying the extended warranty so he turned his monitor for me to see the figures while he left the room for a minute, Win-Win.

The art of Win-Win is not that hard to understand.
21 years in the business, 4 on the sales floor and the rest has been as a sales manager or finance manager/director. I’m the store’s closer, so I can assure you that I understand and train on the art of the negotiation
That being said this past year the transactions as a whole are much more pleasant for all parties involved. The win/win is harder for most (not all) customers to understand.

I would much rather manage my time managing my people, inventory, and processes, than “win” in a battle of wits.

A good call, I’m new to the group! 3/7 build date, and hoping my 2.7 Cactus Gray Lux BadSquatch doesn’t sun bathe on a parking lot in Michigan for too long lol.
Joined up as an enthusiast that’s looking forward to hitting the trails here in GA, and not as a dealer. VW Dealer that is paying MSRP from our sister Ford store. Never thought in my 21 year career I’d say I was excited to pay sticker! 🤣

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the numbers would be higher if it wasn’t for reservations sold at MSRP skewing them

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

in soCal. there are even dealers open about selling for under MSRP here, posting dedicated threads about it on jeep forums. if anyone is paying over msrp for a jeep, they arent trying

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...I2wUtJ1X3D9liVMEJNvbOKkT0DRa-EJdol4Hj0r1J80Rc

heres a couple links with window stickers
https://www.claremontcdjr.com/searc...del=~Wrangler Unlimited,Wrangler JK Unlimited

https://www.mossbroscjdrsanbernardi...Wrangler-7de0adf70a0e09a91b4e6e9a41abad30.htm
Just throwing this out there. Most dealer sites list msrp then when you inquire the add the adm. I know the local jeep dealers in my area are sell all of there inventory at either msrp or a bump.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bravo your comments are spot on. The people on here bragging they don’t pay msrp are the same people that expect retail money for there trade and bottom dollar for what they are buying. It’s that asshole mentality on both sides that makes the experience so toxic. These same people wouldn’t low ball their profit at their job but somehow think that car dealers should do things for free. I always ask for transparency when doing a car deal and believe in open communication. Fair price for my trade and a fair price based on market conditions for what I’m buying. I will say when I bought my bronco I expected to pay sticker but my dealer asked what I wanted to pay. I told him a discount would be great based on my history buying and using their services and he knocked 2k off the sticker. He made money I was happy and he had an opportunity to make another 2000k on my trade which he was able to do. Everyone on here who thinks Tesla’s direct to consumer model is going to be so great are going to be sad when you realize there are no discounts…… ever and they can change the price at a moments notice with nothing you can do. The service coverage is sub par and last but not least price out a mach-e to a comparable Tesla and see how much more it cost.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These lists are made for the purpose of controversy and entertainment. No real data goes into them.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In actuality it’s the #1 overpriced vehicle. The only thing keeping those numbers low is the reservation people (mostly) getting MSRP because ford would lose their shit otherwise. Wait until no more res! My dealership was selling for 10k to people without a reservation.
Sponsored