Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From a recent presentation held by Mark Grueber at the 2022 Woodward Dream Cruise:

"Our segment share, we look at the segment for Bronco 2 and 4 Door as medium traditional sport utility vehicles. That includes the Toyota 4Runner and, of course, the Jeep Wrangler. So even in a short period of time, our segment share is a little over 25 percent. But there’s a lot of momentum still building. So these vehicles are selling as fast as they’re heading to dealership lots. So literally, as fast as we can produce them, they’ve got customers waiting to own these vehicles. So our Q2 sales just versus Q1 are already up 32 percent. So a lot of great momentum in terms of Bronco Sales.” said Grueber.​
Ford is also keeping a close eye on visitors to its website configuring the Bronco, as they say it’s an indicator of “future demand.” Grueber also says that data suggests that Bronco customer interest is greater than either the Jeep Wrangler and/or Toyota 4Runner as well, with Ford Bronco search interest coming in 64 percent higher than the Jeep. The conquest rate of the Bronco is also favorable, with a whopping 71 percent of its current customer base coming from outside of having a Ford vehicle. That number is 65 percent for Bronco Sport. Meanwhile, 23 percent of total Bronco sales thus far have been to a millennial customer, while the Bronco Sport sees a 28 percent millennial mix. The “baby Bronco” has continued to see a growth spurt in sales, while the compact SUV segment is down 18 percent overall.​
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the Broncos roll-out has been anything but smooth, it has been a great push for competition in the segment as well.

There is no way Jeep would have made the 392 Wrangler without the Bronco/Braptor being introduced, and I can't wait to see what Toyota does to bring the 4Runner into the current decade.

Chevy couldn't have gotten it more wrong with the Blazer IMO; I know sales for it are ok and Chevy acts like its what they wanted, but hopefully they respond as well with something besides the Colorado ZR2. GM has an overwhelming catalog they could pull from to develop a truly awesome off-roader.

Whatever ends up happening, it's amazing to see cars still being designed for fun and not just function and these sales numbers should inspire more manufactures to take risks.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

While the Broncos roll-out has been anything but smooth, it has been a great push for competition in the segment as well.

There is no way Jeep would have made the 392 Wrangler without the Bronco/Braptor being introduced, and I can't wait to see what Toyota does to bring the 4Runner into the current decade.

Chevy couldn't have gotten it more wrong with the Blazer IMO; I know sales for it are ok and Chevy acts like its what they wanted, but hopefully they respond as well with something besides the Colorado ZR2. GM has an overwhelming catalog they could pull from to develop a truly awesome off-roader.

Whatever ends up happening, it's amazing to see cars still being designed for fun and not just function and these sales numbers should inspire more manufactures to take risks.
It'll be interesting to see how Scout fits in this segment

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. . .
Looking at you, Toyota (A real top and doors off next-gen FJ40!)

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looking at you, Toyota (A real top and doors off next-gen FJ40!)
I agree! I have this goal to own this by age 65, I'm now 37. Goal is to make a purchase every 5 years.
Fj40
First Gen Bronco, sold my previous one 🤦🏼
Scout 800: ✔
Scout II
80's Defender
Early 90's Land Cruiser
And of course the current Bronco that is on Order

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree! I have this goal to own this by age 65, I'm now 37. Goal is to make a purchase every 5 years.
Fj40
First Gen Bronco, sold my previous one 🤦🏼
Scout 800: ✔
Scout II
80's Defender
Early 90's Land Cruiser
And of course the current Bronco that is on Order
That's a cool list!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In 1964 Ford predicted they would be able to sell 100,000 Mustangs. The demand was so great, they actually built and sold 400,000. Imagine what this generation Bronco could have done if not for the current set of issues.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It'll be interesting to see how Scout fits in this segment
The Scout will be an EV and probably very expensive, I’m not really sure where it will fit.

Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think it finally sunk in at Ford the retro inspired mustang was doing so well, they could in fact win with a retro inspired Bronco. I'm loving mine. Went on a 2 week vacation, I was surprised at my reaction to climbing back in my 6g.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to make the argument that you, as a company, are improving sales by your own will and efforts when it's been so heavily constrained by the level of production since launch. Great spin-job and corporate babbling, though. How much would the Bronco have if the production hadn't been constrained? 30%? 75%?

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's great, better market share helps a lot with getting aftermarket support.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Recently Scout engineers shared their preliminary work with some enthusiasts who proclaimed it will be a capable modular offroader that will compete with wranglers and Broncos. Yes, it will be an EV but this is the direction we seem to headed-atleast my index funds hope so in some regard.
Sponsored