Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not sure what the value of "price protection" is if your dealer is asking for thousands in adm or nitrogen tires or whatever...
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TL;DR

You can switch dealers, but price protection only lasts until MY23 and we're not changing which dealers get the most allocations. Instead, we've made it easier for them to get Broncos into the hands of non-reservation holders. SNA*U

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not sure what the value of "price protection" is if your dealer is asking for thousands in adm or nitrogen tires or whatever...
It means extra profit for those dealers.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Fordā€™s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.
In other words:
"Granger customers can still get bent"

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is: What exactly does "Orders Placed Before March 19, 2021" mean? Is that my original $100 deposit which was supposed to lock in my purchase price, which i did that prior to 3/19/21 or is it the date when i dropped of my $1,000 check at the local dealer? which I did after 3/19/21...

A recent update from Ford below.

Jim Farley told Bloomberg the company would try to scale Bronco production fast, but would have to ā€œcommunicate to (buyers) whatā€™s realistic.ā€ The full statement Ford provided is the following:

Meeting the phenomenal demand and interest for the Bronco during the pandemic and supply chain crisis has been challenging. We are increasing production as quickly as possible to help meet this demand. We are aware that some customers who placed orders at certain dealerships may be waiting longer than expected. We are investigating why this has occurred at a limited number of dealerships. While each Ford dealer is independently owned and operated, Ford Motor Company is doing as much as we can during these unprecedented times to deliver Bronco SUVs to customers as quickly as possible. This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021, continuing to offer new special editions and options to thank them for their loyalty and patience. Additionally, if a customer isnā€™t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer. We encourage customers that may have questions or concerns to contact the Ford Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.​
In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Fordā€™s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.​

https://jalopnik.com/ford-keeps-sending-the-bronco-to-dealers-who-mark-up-pr-1848534799
@Ford Motor Company @mrlevine a corporate-speak non-answer. Existing long-standing reservation and order holders at these dealers have no options other than cancel. Transfers arenā€™t a real thing. Just like the promise to build in order of time stamp. @Ford Motor Company ā€˜investigating whyā€™ delays occurred us a blow-off. You changed the allocations after the fact.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer.

Ford Bronco Ford CEO Jim Farley on Bronco production & price protection [as of 2/14/22] 1644970233326

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Translation: Ford doesnā€™t care. To everyone complaining about price protection, you joined the club 9-10+ months after most of us and missed the cutoff for 2021 ordering. Besides, the only people left who will have it for 23ā€™ wonā€™t get it anyways because weā€™re getting 2035ā€™s.

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of price increase can those of us that are after march 19 2021 expect? Seems ridiculous that anyone who placed a order before said price increase should have to pay it. I placed my order almost 7 months ago and to think I have to pay more for my rig seems crazy
When I converted my MY2021 to a MY2022, I got an $825 discount so for the most part depending on what you ordered it is less than $1000 price increase. I still do not have a vin and I'm a day 3.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An order is not the same as a reservation, so based on the wording I donā€™t believe price protection would apply to anyone who didnā€™t convert their reservation to an order before 19 March 2021
Did Ford come out and say you had to order before 3/19/2021? The March 25th email stated:

"Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco."

I read this as either reservation or order before 3/19.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As others have mentioned... it was a reservation that was converted to an order before or on March 19th, 2021. A reservation alone does not suffice.

Order banks opened mid-January 2021, so if you placed your order with your dealer between mid-January 2021 and mid-March 2021... you got price protection. Ford has already committed to that.

They have not committed to anything for those who placed their order after March 19th, 2021.
So those of us who were code 99 before March 19th are out of luck??? My order was placed in Code99 cause the promise of manual with the Sasquatch package per Ford and my dealer.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're still using that awful "built ford proud" slogan after the bronco launch debacle lol

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So those of us who were code 99 before March 19th are out of luck??? My order was placed in Code99 cause the promise of manual with the Sasquatch package per Ford and my dealer.
Keep reading. The clarification is just a few posts farther down, it's in the FAQs I posted, it's on the OCD checklist, you got it in an email.......

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any reservations before 3/19/21 : price protected through MY23, expect your price to increase in MY24 if they have the balls to do that after waiting 4 years

Post 3/19/21 reservation or no-reservation order: Although it hasn't been made explicit, you are probably price protected against future increases during MY22 (like what Ford did with the F-150), expect your price to increase in MY23

In both cases, that's just the MSRP. Dealers are liable to do everything from honoring a 2020 handshake deal to reneging on an up-to-date written and signed agreement. The moment you are at the most mercy of the dealer is the order year changeover. At that moment, any existing agreement for the previous year's model is legally null and void. If they jack up prices at that moment, there's nothing that Ford or a lawyer can do for you.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep reading. The clarification is just a few posts farther down, it's in the FAQs I posted, it's on the OCD checklist, you got it in an email.......
THX

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did Ford come out and say you had to order before 3/19/2021? The March 25th email stated:

"Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco."

I read this as either reservation or order before 3/19.
Iā€™m not sure, but I think that only applied for 2022.
Sponsored