Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger knew better, they are 100% responsible for their mistakes. EVERY Ford dealership was told before the original order banks opened in Jan 2021 that the Bronco would be based on dealer allocations and not all Bronco orders would be filled. I'm sure I still have the email on my work computer.
Please post the email when you find it. Even if this email exists, it does nothing to correct their misleading statements to consumers and the fact that they allowed it to continue for 16 months before addressing it.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me working for Ford says different.
I’m not sure whether you’re right or wrong since there has been conflicting messaging by Ford leadership…..starting with the OPs repost in this very thread.
I will say, however, working for ford hardly lends credibility to your argument since the least informed people I have met have been Ford employees and the dipshits that sell them.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

An aircraft carrier doesn't turn around in seconds, I would expect one guy to control every aspect of a multinational automotive manufacturer during a global pandemic fueling multiple supply chain disruptions. Direction requires buy-in, and that takes time.

I'm not saying everything is all good and fine, I'm just saying you're not giving the guy enough credit. Our little world is 1/8th the annual production of F-Series. The issues with Bronco are under a magnifying glass here on B6G, the rest of Ford land isn't on fire like the perception around here.

Those in the know understand Ford is moving in the right direction, Bronco is a small piece of the puzzle.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This communication appears to be for the 2022 model year. Farley only mentions ORDERs when stating that it will extend to 2023. I have an October 2020 res with Granger that I didn't convert to an order until around October 2021 because there was zero chance of getting a 2021 from the get go. Its possible that Farley meant price protection for orders AND reservations, will go through 2023, but he didn't say that.
It's a rebate that the dealer has to look up at the time of delivery, it'll be there.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My reservation was before they raised any pricing, but months later they raised the price and retro back the price protection to March 19, 2021, just before I made my reservation. I should be paying $28,500 the price shown when I reserved, but I'm paying the increased price of $29,300. While upset about that on principle, I didn't complain when accepted the new price and I placed my order Oct 2021; I got different color choices for my increase in price and told myself it was ok.

NOW, they're saying that I could see another price increase if my dealership can't get me my order before another price increase!

I have been fine with waiting my turn in line and was told last October (when signing my order sheet) that due to my build being so simple it MAY move up a month or two due to commodities, BUT still I was told not to expect it until the summer of this year. Now if they change prices before I get it I'll have seen two price increases since I reserved. Ford should have guaranteed the price shown when you reserved and put down a deposit.

What about my $250 for the Off-Roadeo, if they raise prices again and I get pissed and cancel I lose that money. And Ford got all my hype of their vehicle and my going to events to support them. I've acquired enough swag between Ford and the family (for my Birthday) with the Bronco logo that it looks like a shrine in my living room.

Attended: The Off-Roadeo in Las Vegas, Ranch test drive in San Diego, Auto show demo in LA, KOH in Johnson's Valley. That's a lot travel and hype.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure whether you’re right or wrong since there has been conflicting messaging by Ford leadership…..starting with the OPs repost in this very thread.
I will say, however, working for ford hardly lends credibility to your argument since the least informed people I have met have been Ford employees and the dipshits that sell them.
Someone actually posted the Ford program document PGM#38406 on here. Clearly says "reserved or on order as of March 19, 2021". The rebate amount is based on the Oct 1 date.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-price-protection-issues.32389/page-2#post-1114070

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone actually posted the Ford program document PGM#38406 on here. Clearly says "reserved or on order as of March 19, 2021". The rebate amount is based on the Oct 1 date.
I’ve seen that. I’ve also seen it stated that it must be a converted order…..Including post 1 on this thread “This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021”….so who knows. I’m good either way…..just need to get my rig off ice mountain and in my garage.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question is: What exactly does "Orders Placed Before March 19, 2021" mean? Is that my original $100 deposit which was supposed to lock in my purchase price, which i did that prior to 3/19/21 or is it the date when i dropped of my $1,000 check at the local dealer? which I did after 3/19/21...

A recent update from Ford below.

Jim Farley told Bloomberg the company would try to scale Bronco production fast, but would have to “communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.” The full statement Ford provided is the following:

Meeting the phenomenal demand and interest for the Bronco during the pandemic and supply chain crisis has been challenging. We are increasing production as quickly as possible to help meet this demand. We are aware that some customers who placed orders at certain dealerships may be waiting longer than expected. We are investigating why this has occurred at a limited number of dealerships. While each Ford dealer is independently owned and operated, Ford Motor Company is doing as much as we can during these unprecedented times to deliver Bronco SUVs to customers as quickly as possible. This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021, continuing to offer new special editions and options to thank them for their loyalty and patience. Additionally, if a customer isn’t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer. We encourage customers that may have questions or concerns to contact the Ford Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.​
In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Ford’s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.​

https://jalopnik.com/ford-keeps-sending-the-bronco-to-dealers-who-mark-up-pr-1848534799
Price protection through the model 2023 year. So, I guess that means that even those early orders...those early reservation holders may again not see their Bronco another entire build year. FANTASTIC! (not!)

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is: What exactly does "Orders Placed Before March 19, 2021" mean? Is that my original $100 deposit which was supposed to lock in my purchase price, which i did that prior to 3/19/21 or is it the date when i dropped of my $1,000 check at the local dealer? which I did after 3/19/21...

Jim Farley told Bloomberg the company would try to scale Bronco production fast, but would have to “communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.” The full statement Ford provided is the following:

Meeting the phenomenal demand and interest for the Bronco during the pandemic and supply chain crisis has been challenging. We are increasing production as quickly as possible to help meet this demand. We are aware that some customers who placed orders at certain dealerships may be waiting longer than expected. We are investigating why this has occurred at a limited number of dealerships. While each Ford dealer is independently owned and operated, Ford Motor Company is doing as much as we can during these unprecedented times to deliver Bronco SUVs to customers as quickly as possible. This includes providing price protection through the 2023 model year for customers with orders placed before March 19, 2021, continuing to offer new special editions and options to thank them for their loyalty and patience. Additionally, if a customer isn’t happy with their dealer experience, they have an option to transfer their reservation or unscheduled order to a different dealer. We encourage customers that may have questions or concerns to contact the Ford Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375.​
In response to the question about allocations, regardless of the vehicle, we communicate to our dealers that we expect them to operate within Ford’s allocation system, which treats all dealers fairly and complies with state laws, and to not take customer orders in excess of what the dealer knows it can fill.​

https://jalopnik.com/ford-keeps-sending-the-bronco-to-dealers-who-mark-up-pr-1848534799
The back door comment here is, if you ordered in 2021 you may possibly see your vehicle as a 2023 model. What about those who ordered in late 2021, like me in Aug 2021, 2024…?

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you ordered in July 2021 you are a full year behind hundreds of thousands of reservations placed in July 2020. No need to be pissed when many more has been waiting a full year longer.
I’m not commenting on the wait time, I’m talking about possibly having to incur another price increase. Those earlier folks are price locked, I’m hoping for the same

The wait sucks and I feel for everyone.

I waited 15 months for the MACH-E, I’m familiar with patience and wanted a second go at it.

Looking forward to delivery day whenever that day comes.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger knew better, they are 100% responsible for their mistakes. EVERY Ford dealership was told before the original order banks opened in Jan 2021 that the Bronco would be based on dealer allocations and not all Bronco orders would be filled. I'm sure I still have the email on my work computer.
Granger and others had the -$1000 invoice deal going before order banks or allocation nonsense was even a thing not to mention the allocation formula has been even more screwed up since the original formula. The "Granger knew better" argument has no legs.

Basically the big dealers got pissy because these good dealers actually WORKED to EARN business and big dealers went crying to big daddy Ford. Ford obliged them and screwed over not only the couple good dealers in the country but the long term reservation holders as well. I say only a couple good dealers because people act like some of the dealerships are doing is a favor by only charging MSRP which is laughable at best.

As many here know by my posts I am 7/14 reservation at one of these good dealers. As of last update I'm #16 in line not taking into account anybody ahead of me that took a Raptor allocation. I feel pretty good that I will see my Bronco this year but make no mistake I am 100% DONE with Ford whether I end up with this vehicle or not. They absolutely do not care about the people that supported this launch from the start and have shit on us every single chance they have gotten.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Farley is well respected in the auto industry. Lexus wouldn't be what it is today without him. FWIW, the Bronco program was well underway long before Farley came on as CEO (October 1, 2020).

I've never met the man, but in my opinion he's far from a clown. He's an enthusiast like many of us, just with more cash. The man works on and races his own cars in his spare time.
An aircraft carrier doesn't turn around in seconds, I would expect one guy to control every aspect of a multinational automotive manufacturer during a global pandemic fueling multiple supply chain disruptions. Direction requires buy-in, and that takes time.

I'm not saying everything is all good and fine, I'm just saying you're not giving the guy enough credit. Our little world is 1/8th the annual production of F-Series. The issues with Bronco are under a magnifying glass here on B6G, the rest of Ford land isn't on fire like the perception around here.

Those in the know understand Ford is moving in the right direction, Bronco is a small piece of the puzzle.
@Gloff, respectfully, since you are a Ford dealer, your views of Farley are at a complete disconnect to the views of consumers on a consumer forum. Ford is now Farley's ship, he is responsible for the numerous Bronco launch failures, dealer games and lack of consumer communication, the buck stops with him.

When he starts giving Bronco consumers reasons to trust him, instead of wallstreet doublespeak, half-truths and falsehoods, then, and only then, will he start to gain some consumer confidence and respect.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What really sucks is from what I read, the people who ordered an F-150 prior to 1500$ price increase are price protected??
Sponsored