Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you don't have price protection I guarantee at least an increase of at least $1500 across the board for 2023 model year. The F150s are about to be hit with $1500 in a couple weeks as well.

P.S. Farley is a clown and that's about the nicest way I can put it. Clown leadership, clown company, clown launch and even clown suppliers. Any other company could have done better with this launch.

Farley is well respected in the auto industry. Lexus wouldn't be what it is today without him. FWIW, the Bronco program was well underway long before Farley came on as CEO (October 1, 2020).

I've never met the man, but in my opinion he's far from a clown. He's an enthusiast like many of us, just with more cash. The man works on and races his own cars in his spare time.

To answer the overwhelming question: Price Protection does extend to reservations, not just converted orders.
I have a customer that held out for 2022 and got price protection even though his order was placed well after the deadline, it was a Day 1 Res.

It's also outlined on Ford's on FAQ:
FoMoCo FAQ said:
What does price protection for the 2022 MY mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Customers will be issued a certificate that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for their selected series and door configuration for the vehicle they had reserved or on order as of October 1, 2021.
Sponsored

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Farley message paraphrased and dipped in sarcasm...

We had no idea that there would be an overwhelming response to a vehicle we hyped for several years while collecting tons of market potential information. It just looks like we got really lucky that so many people love the Bronco and now we are doing our best to catch up with this unexpected swath of overwhelming demand that we had absolutely no idea would happen. Fortunately, we put the final selling decisions mainly in the dealers hands so that they can be the bad guys while we boo-hoo crocodile tears about not being able to pump out enough Broncos to make everyone as happy as we want them to be.

Well...tell me pretty lies and make me write bad checks. :rolleyes:

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not an “or” it’s both having a reservation and an order before 3/19/2021. Someone could have placed a walk-in order before 3/19/2021 without a reservation and they would not be price protected either.
English is not that precise. If a university invited "all students and graduates" to an event, does that mean only students who graduated can attend? So active students can't attend. Neither can someone who was awarded an honorary degree.

Agree, you can read it either way. Anyone who didn't order before 3/19 will certainly read it as reservation and hope their dealer does try to play lawyer with the words.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What kind of price increase can those of us that are after march 19 2021 expect? Seems ridiculous that anyone who placed a order before said price increase should have to pay it. I placed my order almost 7 months ago and to think I have to pay more for my rig seems crazy
I placed my order for the second time on 01/22/2021 nothing yet!

Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process."

@Ford Motor Company, here's a direct quote from one of your emails from last March. I think we all get that there are many variables outside of your control. However, your "commitment to keeping us up-to-date through the entire delivery process" is 100% within your control. There are still people waiting for there 2021 MY rigs and have had ZERO communication from you, not to mention the other thousands of folks who's Broncos are sitting in your holding yards covered in snow. If you can provide a quote for an article, you can send an informative and transparent email to your reservation and order holders. Do better.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Farley is well respected in the auto industry. Lexus wouldn't be what it is today without him. FWIW, the Bronco program was well underway long before Farley came on as CEO (October 1, 2020).

I've never met the man, but in my opinion he's far from a clown. He's an enthusiast like many of us, just with more cash. The man works on and races his own cars in his spare time.

To answer the overwhelming question: Price Protection does extend to reservations, not just converted orders.
I have a customer that held out for 2022 and got price protection even though his order was placed well after the deadline, it was a Day 1 Res.

It's also outlined on Ford's on FAQ:
This communication appears to be for the 2022 model year. Farley only mentions ORDERs when stating that it will extend to 2023. I have an October 2020 res with Granger that I didn't convert to an order until around October 2021 because there was zero chance of getting a 2021 from the get go. Its possible that Farley meant price protection for orders AND reservations, will go through 2023, but he didn't say that.

Shorevet

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
English is not that precise. If a university invited "all students and graduates" to an event, does that mean only students who graduated can attend? So active students can't attend. Neither can someone who was awarded an honorary degree.

Agree, you can read it either way. Anyone who didn't order before 3/19 will certainly read it as reservation and hope their dealer does try to play lawyer with the words.
We will see. Good luck to all of us that end up getting pushed to 2023. I’d expect a big price increase going into 2023.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice if Ford allowed you to use your price protection ‘rebate’ on new trims like the Everglades and Heritage. They have already stated that you are not allowed to use it on a Raptor.

Ford is well on track with their diabolic plan of offering all new trims before they get around to having to swallow too many ‘price protections’ on their 2021 trims! mwhaha.

Sponsored

RumbleOn

Base
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma; 1986 4Runner; 1930 Model A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an email from Ford on price protection fr9m last year; here is a copy/paste of the wording related price protection:
We also want to reassure you that you will not incur an increase in the MSRP as part of this model-year change. Please note, the Bronco price protection program is for 2021 Bronco two- and four-door order and reservation holders recorded as of March 19, 2021.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process."

@Ford Motor Company, here's a direct quote from one of your emails from last March. I think we all get that there are many variables outside of your control. However, your "commitment to keeping us up-to-date through the entire delivery process" is 100% within your control. There are still people waiting for there 2021 MY rigs and have had ZERO communication from you, not to mention the other thousands of folks who's Broncos are sitting in your holding yards covered in snow. If you can provide a quote for an article, you can send an informative and transparent email to your reservation and order holders. Do better.
Sorry, Ford is to busy trying to figure out bonus payments to bother with us consumers, in fact they had to work through last weekend on it.

Following employee outcry, Ford boosts bonuses for some salaried workers

Ford Employee Bonuses Doubled After Controversy Over Payout Formula

Last edited:

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.”
Then proceeds to not communicate any real details.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure I’m not the only one here but ford dropped the ball here big time. This has been handled poorly from start to even now. ANYONE who was a day 1-2-3 should have their broncos by now. This is unacceptable and nothing short of that; people walking in or ordering to get their ride in months? It should be a ticket system, screw this allocation bs it’s all fubar at this point. I’m a 8/2021 order person and if I was anyone prior to 3/2021 and didn’t have my bronco by now I’m irate!! One price hike cool; but to keep raising and people who have already placed reservations, orders submitted to have them subject is absolutely price gouging. They know this is hot ticket item so they will walk it up year after year!!!
Honor your early reservation and orders BEFORE continuing to those who placed after…I cannot be the only one who thinks this way.
If you placed an order prior to any hike you should be protected; after the hike that is the MY you pay for the end!
Seeing this speculation already again people will cancel their orders alone from the poor planning by ford!
Sponsored