First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Make sure it’s a reputable body shop. I had to get a couple of panels repainted (iconic silver - so, a bit of a pain to match). They did an ok job. Clear coat started peeling less than a year later. They took it in again and now it looks great and seems to be holding up. It’s not on the Carfax. Prepare for them to have it for another 2-3 days.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get being frustrated when stuff like this happens, but they're offering to fix it, so let them. If their repair of the damage doesn't meet your expectations, make your decision then.

Going over the top and calling this "heavy damage" is a bit sensationalist, if you ask me.

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The way it was handled by the service manager would piss me off more than the damage itself. Hoping you weren't going to notice? Mr. M we had a problem, we are going to take care of it?

Maybe the service tech didn't tell anyone?

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really. Black is easier
You don’t even blend black
Sure, non-metallic base black (many blacks actually have some color other than base black) is easiest of all to match. But next on the list is white.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The paint was never that good to begin with on these things. Expecting them to paint the entire door for that is not reasonable. Let them fix it.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While that does suck and I took would be pissed it is important not to over react and to keep things in perspective. I was expecting to see an entire body panel destroyed or something. The dealer said they would fix it, let them do it. Your Bronco is not severely devalued and a dealer f-up repair won't show up on Carfax or anywhere else. Now, tell them to pound sand and report it to your insurance and that's another story.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't had that happen but I did have a local dealership break some panels.

Remember - 1) people make mistakes and it might be someone who needs a kick in the ass out the door. 2) I can't imagine anyone did it to be malicious, it was neglect. 3) they're working with you to fix it and not just shake it off and blame you.

I'd let them fix it up however they need to, ask them to make sure going forward they have someone on the ball who won't hurt other people's cars, and be on my way. Also be sure as shit to get a loaner.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soooo... took the Bronco into my local dealer for recalls as well as to get the rear driver door looked at. It never closed right from day 1 and would require you to slam the door in order for it to close fully.

Left the Bronco overnight as the service advisor stated they needed more time for the door. The next morning he reached out and said it would be done that afternoon. Around 3p I was dropped off by my wife to pick it up and found it strange that the Bronco wasn't in front of the service bay where it seemed like other cars were being picked up. I also found it strange that the advisor chose not to show me the repairs or go out to the vehicle at all. Instead he said "yep no charge. warranty covered it, parked in spot A5".

I walk over and open the rear door and notice the weatherstrip is sitting cockeyed above the door. I push it back in place, fine. I attempt to close the door and the rear window doesn't do the roll down/up thing that it does normally for the frameless door so it won't close. I get in and reset the rear window by rolling it down and holding for 5 seconds and back up and holding for 5 seconds.

I then get ready to go back out to close the rear door and notice the interior B Pillar trim that gives access to the hinge bolts is hanging off. I investigate further, there's a broken clip and all of them are mangled. At this point I'm starting to get pissed.... so I take the Bronco up to the service door and grab my advisor. Show him the broken clip. He's questioning that it's actually broken and runs inside to grab a flashlight.

Here's the great part...... As he's inside I finally got a chance to step away from the vehicle as the spot they parked it in prior was super cramped with cars on either side.

That's when I notice these lovely gems.

Gouge and chip.jpg
Hinge and chip.jpg
Rear rear door .jpg
Gouge again.jpg
Rear Door Chip.jpg
Rear Fender.jpg
Gouge.jpg

Service manager comes out.... his concern somehow is if the door is closing correctly now (it's literally worse than before and the body lines are miles off). I kindly told him that the least of my worries is how the door closes... he took pics, said they will get it handled and that "for things like this" the body shop will call me to schedule it out...

At this point I was kinda in shock. Wondering how TF this happened and also what that means for repair. I don't want it blended. They'll have to repaint both doors and the fender and the jamb is my assumption.

Manager calls me back the next day while I was at work. Says on the voicemail that the body shop wants him to schedule it and for me to drop it off. I'm just weary on the whole thing at this point and haven't called back to schedule... I mean they can seriously devalue my nearly new vehicle if they haven't already.

ANY advice on moving forward is welcome.
My daughter had this happen to her brand new Ford Explorer ST. She took it in for a recall and asked them to replace blue oval with a blacked out one. When she picked it up, it had dents all around the new oval. They paid to fix it at a body shop of her choosing and you can’t even tell anything was ever damaged. Really upset her. But after repairs she was happy. Just a set back is all. But yes I too would of been POed.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I clicked on this I expected to see heavy damage… which there isn’t. Somebody dropped it.. Just let them make it right (which they seem to be doing?) Thems the breaks
Sorry for your troubles and the poor initial dealer handling.
Let them repair. Be sure to take many pictures during the process; make a journal noting calls, conversations with names and titles. You then have some recourse if not satisfied.
It sucks.

Girard215

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500. Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the mechanic was that incompetent and careless, I would tend to believe the body shop would be the same. Poor or total lack of management.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heavy damage? Redefined? To me, expected that an overhead hoist had fallen thru, or another vehicle crushed the side, or it fell off a lift.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soooo... took the Bronco into my local dealer for recalls as well as to get the rear driver door looked at. It never closed right from day 1 and would require you to slam the door in order for it to close fully.

Left the Bronco overnight as the service advisor stated they needed more time for the door. The next morning he reached out and said it would be done that afternoon. Around 3p I was dropped off by my wife to pick it up and found it strange that the Bronco wasn't in front of the service bay where it seemed like other cars were being picked up. I also found it strange that the advisor chose not to show me the repairs or go out to the vehicle at all. Instead he said "yep no charge. warranty covered it, parked in spot A5".

I walk over and open the rear door and notice the weatherstrip is sitting cockeyed above the door. I push it back in place, fine. I attempt to close the door and the rear window doesn't do the roll down/up thing that it does normally for the frameless door so it won't close. I get in and reset the rear window by rolling it down and holding for 5 seconds and back up and holding for 5 seconds.

I then get ready to go back out to close the rear door and notice the interior B Pillar trim that gives access to the hinge bolts is hanging off. I investigate further, there's a broken clip and all of them are mangled. At this point I'm starting to get pissed.... so I take the Bronco up to the service door and grab my advisor. Show him the broken clip. He's questioning that it's actually broken and runs inside to grab a flashlight.

Here's the great part...... As he's inside I finally got a chance to step away from the vehicle as the spot they parked it in prior was super cramped with cars on either side.

That's when I notice these lovely gems.

Gouge and chip.jpg
Hinge and chip.jpg
Rear rear door .jpg
Gouge again.jpg
Rear Door Chip.jpg
Rear Fender.jpg
Gouge.jpg

Service manager comes out.... his concern somehow is if the door is closing correctly now (it's literally worse than before and the body lines are miles off). I kindly told him that the least of my worries is how the door closes... he took pics, said they will get it handled and that "for things like this" the body shop will call me to schedule it out...

At this point I was kinda in shock. Wondering how TF this happened and also what that means for repair. I don't want it blended. They'll have to repaint both doors and the fender and the jamb is my assumption.

Manager calls me back the next day while I was at work. Says on the voicemail that the body shop wants him to schedule it and for me to drop it off. I'm just weary on the whole thing at this point and haven't called back to schedule... I mean they can seriously devalue my nearly new vehicle if they haven't already.

ANY advice on moving forward is welcome.
I'd be real ticked off. I don't want my brand new vehicle panels repainted. I once bought a vehicle with repainted hood/fenders, which looked great, until 10+ years later started wearing different than the factory paint sections.

But what can you do at this point, I guess you got to let them try a respray. Or take some cash and leave as is, maybe dab with some matching paint.

milojah

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let the dealer perform the repair, but show up at the body shop with doughnuts. When you go to pick it up, if it isn't perfect then refuse to accept the vehicle back and call your insurance company and place a claim for "loss of value" due to the damage.

Also, take better photos of the damage with a ruler in view to show scale.

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander/Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also…Get some type of compensation, something they will agree to. Skid plates, performance tune, etc. Something like that to compensate you for your troubles.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has authorized body shops dealerships send there transit damage to…
Demand to meet with a Ford representative for that dealership…. Embarrass the crap out of this dealer by showing this rep their shoddy work….then have the dealership pay a third party approved by Ford to repair your Bronco…

Under no circumstances allow the pigs at this dealership to touch your car.
They have already proved their incompetence
….
Dealerships suck!!!!
don’t ever think for one minute they will ever perform to professional standards…

I’ve been burned several times by my own dealership…. Let’s put it this way….

They will never touch my car👍🏼🤨
Sponsored