Sponsored

Ford delivers another customer run…Ford loves DEALER ADMs!

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A Honda accord costs $50,000+.
A Honda Accord costs $27,295+

Individuals who are wealthy enough to buy an expensive Bronco Raptor AND pay $25k ADM are somewhat disconnected from the prices that us common folk pay for things. That's the reason why Ford can get away with increasing the MSRP of the OPs build by $13,250 in a single year.
Sponsored

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A Honda Accord costs $27,295+

Individuals who are wealthy enough to buy an expensive Bronco Raptor AND pay $25k ADM are somewhat disconnected from the prices that us common folk pay for things. That's the reason why Ford can get away with increasing the MSRP of the OPs build by $13,250 in a single year.
You can get an accord for $27,000. Higher trimmed accords are over $50,000.

the average car in 2022 cost $48,000.

the raptor is expensive. It’s the upper tier bronco.

Buy what you want. I just see threads bashing the price of Raptors and folks saying they aren’t worth it. As an owner,
I disagree. It’s freaking awesome!

what I will acknowledge is what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay. I didn’t sell my house 12 months ago because no one paid me what it was worth to me.

And I am tired of the car payment because I didn’t have cash to buy my Raptor because as a school teacher who has some side hustle, I ain’t got sacks of cash.

I respect folks buying what they want. ADMs are crazy. But it’s a free market. If you owned a dealership and had the option to sell a limited production car, would you mark it up a little to do something extra nice for your family and pay your employees a little more too?

If the Raptor wasn’t worth the money, Ford wouldn’t make it. They are a business. It costs money to develop these vehicles.

If it’s ADMs people don’t like, I agree. I ain’t mad at dealers for charging it though. That is the beautiful part of our nations economy.

But it is a fair assessment, it costs a lot of money to turn a lower trimmed Bronco into something that outperforms the Raptor.

that option also requires a lot of cash. If customizing your rig is your direction, that’s great! I love custom work.

but I am no mechanic. I don’t have the cash flow to do all the work it would take aftermarket converting. Doing all the custom works means losing the warranty

I don’t think the price difference is going to save you a whole bunch of money to convert a more basic trim Bronco into something that outperforms a Raptor…unless you do the work yourself.

I didn’t say it can’t be done. Consider the cash that would be required, time, labor, etc. I think it would be interesting to see the final bill comparing a Raptor to a fully converted Bronco that can outperform it.

that’s the only point I am making. The Raptor is expensive. Customizing a Bronco to our perform the Raptor is expensive. I think we can all agree, these vehicles are expensive.

I think we all agree ADMs are not fun to pay. But ADMs are nothing new to the industry.

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the future for specialty vehicles. Up until now we could retail order Raptors, Shelbys etc and get price protection to lock in against increases. Starting with 2024 Ranger Raptor all specialty vehicles will be ordered as stock units only meaning no price protection.

I don't know the specifics on this case, could have been a stock order that dealer put a name on or who knows, but for 24 there will be no more price protection on Raptors, which will push buying off the lot and increase ADMs (unless Ford gets the price high enough there's no room left).
Are bronco Raptor s ordered 10/22 price protected ? It was a special order with a dealer allocation …
I would be happy to hear that is the case …

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you seriously comparing a Braptor to a Honda Accord to justify why it’s so expensive? Lol. The Braptor is clearly not for the typical Bronco or Ford demographic. A Ford GT sells for $1m. How does that compare to the Accord?

Things are worth what the market is willing to pay for them. Period. Try buying a Porsche GT vehicle or a stainless steel sport Rolex.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not worth 95K. It just isn't.
For $95k order a black diamond manual with 2.7, lift it, add your favorite rims/tires, and buy another one for wife so she stops bothering you.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a signed purchase agreement with a dollar amount (seriously). Since Bronco Raptors aren’t price protected… the price I pay is tied to my build date. At 82k, the bronco seemed expensive but not outrageous…at $95k —-the price is, IMO, outrageous.

Oh, don’t get me wrong….I agree on the price.

I just can’t picture myself buying anything with a blank check, which is kind of what you did with that whole “maybe $82K, maybe more“ agreement you signed.

For me (and I’m not everyone) - it would be price protected or no deal right from the get-go. If I’m buying the car today, but the dealer can’t deliver today. I’ll wait. But the price is set.

Which probably explains why I don’t own a BRaptor. :LOL:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Raptor! I don’t use the full potential but it is a beast!

Have you tried quoting how much it would cost to convert a 2.7 4 door badlands to same spec as Raptor.

I bought a Raptor, paid ADM, because it would cost more and still not have 400+ hp and warranty coverage.

is it a lot of money, yup. Do I need it all, nope. But buying a Raptor is cheap than other trims and exchanging all the parts.

A Honda accord costs $50,000+.
Why would you start with with a badlands. What's the cheapest build you can get with the high or lux pkg. That would be your starting point.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And your argument about going and playing in the dirt is valid. But if I had 100 grand to drop, I'd drop 25-30 grand on an old FJ, then spend 40-50k making it awesome and still come out ahead.
Oooohhh man...for 40-50k you could add a fourth or even fifth wiper blade on the FJ!

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I love my bronco, but you're absolutely right. This is what that much money buys you in a car:
1686525999410.png

And other than the buck-toothed grill, that's one of the best cars made, and probably doesn't have rattle-y windows and a sub-par roof.
As ex owner of bought new e46, e90, and f80 M3s I can tell you they do rattle. The roofs are okay but the subframes and engines are another story.

Also the buck tooth makes that car un buyable. As you can tell I was an M3 fanboy til that atrocious thing came out.

The Braptor fender flares are nearly as bad.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As ex owner of bought new e46, e90, and f80 M3s I can tell you they do rattle. The roofs are okay but the subframes and engines are another story.

Also the buck tooth makes that car un buyable. As you can tell I was an M3 fanboy til that atrocious thing came out.

The Braptor fender flares are nearly as bad.
Agreed. I'm still in love with the F30/80 chassis and the way it looks as a 3 series, and then they just all took a molly and went bonkers and made a Camry.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I must be the only person on the planet that likes the new M3 front end. I absolutely hated it the first time I saw it, mind you, but have warmed to it because it will never be mistaken for something else in this day of otherwise generic car styling.

But yeah, ADMs suck. I get the whole supply and demand thing (Econ 101), blah blah blah, but why not build as many as you can sell at sticker? Ford's business is to sell vehicles last time I checked. But I'm dreaming, still sore after trying to buy a '22 GT500 at list. That, and the continued inability to order a 2-door Bronco to my specs have soured me on Ford to a degree, enough that I bought another Jeep while waiting for the smoke to clear. I have no trouble voting with my wallet.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are bronco Raptor s ordered 10/22 price protected ? It was a special order with a dealer allocation …
I would be happy to hear that is the case …

All depends how the dealer ordered it, if it was a retail order, it should qualify for price protection (if sold to same name ordered under), if they just tagged a name against an existing order internally, it wouldn't qualify.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I cant believe my same build is like 19k more now than when I got it less than a yr ago.

Ford needs to put the pipe down. I love my Raptor, but the interior quality alone is enough reason for it to never cost more than 80K (maybe 85k). The fact you can spec these to be damn near 100k now is absurd.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be the only person on the planet that likes the new M3 front end. I absolutely hated it the first time I saw it, mind you, but have warmed to it because it will never be mistaken for something else in this day of otherwise generic car styling.

But yeah, ADMs suck. I get the whole supply and demand thing (Econ 101), blah blah blah, but why not build as many as you can sell at sticker? Ford's business is to sell vehicles last time I checked. But I'm dreaming, still sore after trying to buy a '22 GT500 at list. That, and the continued inability to order a 2-door Bronco to my specs have soured me on Ford to a degree, enough that I bought another Jeep while waiting for the smoke to clear. I have no trouble voting with my wallet.
It has done nothing but get worse to me honestly. Its not just the front grill either the proportions and fupa rear end kill it for me too.

Honestly I was such a BMW guy and I wouldn't buy anything they make anymore. They re-focused the brand away from "The Ultimate Driving Machine" to a technology focus.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It has done nothing but get worse to me honestly. Its not just the front grill either the proportions and fupa rear end kill it for me too.

Honestly I was such a BMW guy and I wouldn't buy anything they make anymore. They re-focused the brand away from "The Ultimate Driving Machine" to a technology focus.
That they definitely did. They need to look back at their glory days, for sure.
Sponsored