First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are talking apples to oranges here. If you are having to use tax deferred retirement funds buying your Bronco you shouldn’t be buying at all
The account he used in the example doesn't really matter. The point is that the deposit is an interest free loan to the dealer that I could otherwise invest in something else. It doesn't necessarily mean he intends to take the money out of his TSP account to pay for the Bronco.

For example, in November I though I might want to get a Cybertruck (now I'm probably going to get a Bronco) so I sold by F-150 and bought Tesla stock. The opportunity cost of not making that investment is now over 1000% that I wouldn't have made if I left the money in my checking account or put it down as a deposit.

That being said, I don't think $500 is unreasonable if it's refundable and would probably put down up to $1000 if I had a chance to see the Bronco in person beforehand.
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I looked at the reservation info and noticed that they added the destination charge on the reservation details. 1,495. So the total MSRP went up which i guess was expected. Within 2 weeks we will all probably get a rise if sticker prices with all the features and accessories we add to our total bill.
Ford Bronco Ford email update -- reservations, ordering, mid-October Build & Price guy

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are talking apples to oranges here. If you are having to use tax deferred retirement funds buying your Bronco you shouldn’t be buying at all
TSP comes in both flavors, tax deferred and not.

My other investment vehicles (non tax deferred) did nearly as well as the TSP over the same time period,
So who ever has the deposit can definitely get some profit over a one+ year timespan.

My personal opinion, the dealer shouldn’t get the profit for essentially placing the order into the ordering system.

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is wonderful to hear. I’m glad you reached out to her. They’ve been decent to me so far.
So far the customer service I've received from Caitlin is insane. Bowen Scarff definitely has my business, and it's actually a little bit of a drive for me.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it sounds like we'll be placing another deposit with the dealer?

And I'm speculating, but it sounds like they'll be allocating based on similar builds?

"Production of similarly configured Broncos."

?
On Wrangler's production is often grouped by color. With a group of jeeps being made all in the same color then switching to a different color for another group. On jeeps it may be a few weeks before a batch is made in your color.
Ford may do things differently. But this could be what they are talking about.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My other investment vehicles (non tax deferred) did nearly as well as the TSP over the same time period,
So who ever has the deposit can definitely get some profit over a one+ year timespan.

My personal opinion, the dealer shouldn’t get the profit for essentially placing the order into the ordering system.

whether you like it or not, that’s the commitment to get yourself into the game, as the same commitment comes in a deposit when you pay the builder in a subdivision for the build of a new house that might not be built for at least 7 months and likely longer.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whether you like it or not, that’s the commitment to get yourself into the game, as the same commitment comes in a deposit when you pay the builder in a subdivision for the build of a new house that might not be built for at least 7 months and likely longer.
all three of my prospective dealers have committed to no additional deposit above the original 100$, so you're what-if ism doesn't apply.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you put your base model out as a first impression? Majority of people want to see the higher trims. You would think Ford would want to make a wow factor first impression to the masses.
Maybe they’re expecting more of those? ??‍♂

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dealer said no additional deposit necessary and I can cancel up to and including the day the First Edition shows up at the Dealership.:cool:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine said yes its refundable

They also told me(not sure how accurate) that there are 185K reservations right now and Ford will only be making 125K Broncos in 2021 model year,they rest will be 2022's

Hmmm...appox 250 manufacturing days (M-days) in a year
125000/250days = 500 units per day
500/3 shift day = 167 per shift
167/8 hrs = 21 units per hour
21/60minutes = 1 bronco every 3.5 minutes

old article (2018) on F-150 (article claims (1) F-150 every 52 seconds)...that's really flying!

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/05/18/ford-f-150-meridian-magnesium/622681002/

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Units per interval is very different from average assembly time. You have to deduct ramp-up time.
If you start assembling these truck every 30 seconds, eventually you will begin completing one every 30 seconds.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far the customer service I've received from Caitlin is insane. Bowen Scarff definitely has my business, and it's actually a little bit of a drive for me.
It’s a big drive for me, but I like what they’re doing.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. Put down another deposit on a vehicle you haven't even seen for a timeline that could be 15 to 18 months away for an unknown interest rate. Hence why I'm only willing to pay invoice.
What do you mean unknown interest rate? You aren't financing the car at the time of order. You'll finance it when its ready to be picked up and its been delivered. The $500-$1000 is just a deposit and no interest is associated with it.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
all three of my prospective dealers have committed to no additional deposit above the original 100$, so you're what-if ism doesn't apply.
But as you say, you are losing out on interest for that $100 deposit. *shrugs*
Sponsored