Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

totally agree why not the 2.7 only
I really hate walking away from horsepower left on the table ,but im going manual 2.3 and closing the hood on that snake pit of lines and wires,double turbo 2.7.
Maybe in the future there will be a different option and if it awesome ill trade in for it .??
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So basically the same reason I couldnt get a 2 door Fiesta ST or Focus ST even though the sold em in Europe. Myself and 7 other people would buy em.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, exactly. "Why won't a manufacturer build me something they can't really sell and still keep the price at like 38k??"
Because they keep pairing them with the absolute shit bottom barrel engines and lameass trim packages.

Pair a rowing box with an EcoDiesel Ram or Grand Cherokee or ZR2 2.8 Duramax, or literally higher-than-bottom trim package and then talk to me about "take rates" that you haven't already sabotaged, OEMs.

"I paired this flaming corn-studded turd with a manual! Why don't you ungrateful people buy it?"

Freezing0K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV (I just like Broncos Ok?)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because they keep pairing them with the absolute shit bottom barrel engines and lameass trim packages.

Pair a rowing box with an EcoDiesel Ram or Grand Cherokee or ZR2 2.8 Duramax, or literally higher-than-bottom trim package and then talk to me about "take rates" that you haven't already sabotaged, OEMs.

"I paired this flaming corn-studded turd with a manual! Why don't you ungrateful people buy it?"
270 HP and 310 Pound-Feet is considered a "flaming corn-studded turd" these days?

Geez, how do 4 runner owners survive?

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an example when Porsche decided to offer the GT3 without a manual which they never ruled out for the future, there was a backlash from enthusiasts and now the GT3 can be optioned with a manual even though there are not many takers.
Great example. I still can’t figure out why anyone would buy an automatic 911. The argument that sequential autos are faster is fine for actual race cars, but if I’m buying a sports car, the priority quality is fun. Also my top priority in a Bronco, so manual will win over V6, but both would be pretty rad.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t like that the 2.3 is only direct injection. I would consider the 2.3 in a base squatch manual for the 2 door only. Unfortunately i need 4 doors.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
270 HP and 310 Pound-Feet is considered a "flaming corn-studded turd" these days?

Geez, how do 4 runner owners survive?
I know right? My land cruiser only makes 228hp and 302ftlbs but weighs 5500lbs.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great example. I still can’t figure out why anyone would buy an automatic 911. The argument that sequential autos are faster is fine for actual race cars, but if I’m buying a sports car, the priority quality is fun. Also my top priority in a Bronco, so manual will win over V6, but both would be pretty rad.
the Porsche PDK is an amazing transmission

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If take rate is all they’re worried about, a heck of a lot more people would voluntarily choose a manual over the navy pier interior!!

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the Porsche PDK is an amazing transmission
Obviously it’s technologically amazing because it’s Porsche. But I Have zero interest in owning one. Here’s where I would say “to each his own” and I’m glad we both have the choice, but those of us who prefer a manual are running out of time:(.

TjAtlas02

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This link will take you to the Transmission specs. I think the reason there not offering the manual with the 2.7 is the torque. This transmission maxes out just over 400ft-lbs. Maybe they have already done testing and know that the 2.7 might be to much for it. Just my thoughts.

https://www.getrag-ford.com/en/products.html

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell them to pair the Shelby GT500 with a manual then ;) Or is that a a shit bottom barrel engine :)

KC8

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
"When Ford's Chief Engineer was asked why they aren't offering a manual transmission with the 2.7 6 cylinder he replied 'meh, we didn't wanna and you can't make us but hey, there tooootally might be one in the future, probably... maybe... we'll see'."
Lol
Sponsored