First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh I wasn't talking about the gizmos, I was talking about take off. Slam the peddle and it throws you in the seat and you are GONE!
My Viper does that too …
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing left but a beautiful front plate mount with your handle on it :ROFLMAO:

On a slightly more serious note regarding the instant torque of the electric motors - Haven't there been issues regarding exactly this in a low traction situation wherein you end up with too much wheel spin because there's no 'roll on' of the power? I ...feel?...like I've seen some Rivian stuff along those lines. I've seen electric-through-transmission powered vehicles starting to pop up on youtube, maybe something like that would be a good application for an off-road vehicle?
That is the right answer.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find that it is best to put batteries where they are most likely to be exposed to direct sunlight.
Most, nah, ALL EV fires involve batteries below the belt line. With a rooftop battery you can drive through streams without danger of the rooftop battery catching fire.

For reference the battery lin the Mustang MachE weighs 1069# for a range of 300 miles ?? So a rooftop battery at 1/10 of that and within roof carrier specs would give you an additional whopping 30 miles. Is 30 miles worth it?

I would rather see trailed battery aux packs. A Bronco could tow 3500# of trailer and battery granting an extended range of more like 1000 mes beyond base

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lets raise the ole center of gravity on an off road vehicle. This may be a hold my beer moment in the making.

Sponsored

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you worry about a battery fire, you could rig it to eject the battery like the Enterprise ejects their reactor core. :D

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Most, nah, ALL EV fires involve batteries below the belt line. With a rooftop battery you can drive through streams without danger of the rooftop battery catching fire.

For reference the battery lin the Mustang MachE weighs 1069# for a range of 300 miles ?? So a rooftop battery at 1/10 of that and within roof carrier specs would give you an additional whopping 30 miles. Is 30 miles worth it?

I would rather see trailed battery aux packs. A Bronco could tow 3500# of trailer and battery granting an extended range of more like 1000 mes beyond base
Yeah electric towing really worked out for the Ford lightning🤣🤣🤷🏻‍

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Build it and they will come...chargers are being added as demand increases for them. Ford will be able to use the Tesla SuperCharging system they have and the US government is spending billions to build out charging stations on the highways as we speak

https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/b...al-first-35-state-plans-build-out-ev-charging

The landscape is going to be radically different in the next 5-7 years.
Yes, as a southern Californian I will say the future will be quite dark as in there is not enough power in the grid to support the existing population and E cars. Last year we were all told to stop charging as the grid was failing.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love a PHEV for the torque alone! Also would be nice to crawl in stealth mode.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am i the only one thats thinks this is a fake post? Too many things don't ring true... :unsure: :rolleyes:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, as a southern Californian I will say the future will be quite dark as in there is not enough power in the grid to support the existing population and E cars. Last year we were all told to stop charging as the grid was failing.
You having a shitbag electrical system in California isn't indicative of the rest of the country. If anything BEVs can improve the grid since they could act as a reserve if plugged in (you what drive your car an hour or two a day?) . Lots of work needs to happen either way.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Am i the only one thats thinks this is a fake post? Too many things don't ring true... :unsure: :rolleyes:
The only thing fake about this is them using the Bronco in the drawing...it is just a patent drawing and people are reading into it. It most likely won't even happen.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Viper does that too …
Valid point, but does your Viper take a curve at 80 without your hands on the wheel? My point is EVs are pretty cool.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I just patent an auxiliary gas tank on the roof with a hose dropping down to the gas cap? 2-Door mileage extender *TM
I think somebody put a Patton in red gas cans. That do the same thing.
Sponsored