tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would think Hybrid and/or EV options are absolutely in the works. Some will like them, some will hate them (loudly), and sometimes car companies patent things they never build just because they have a novel (read: unpatented by other manufacturers) idea.

I would be very interested in Ford's take on a rooftop battery when they already give us a fairly low stated roof weight capacity for Sasquatch packaged Broncos?
clearly this is being developed for all the folks complaining about being out in the wild with no way to charge. Having a battery back up system to carry on top is at least something other folks haven't thought about. personally i would think they could com up with some sort of solar panel option.

I was hoping companies would have chose the hydrogen fuel cell over EV
Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
clearly this is being developed for all the folks complaining about being out in the wild with no way to charge. Having a battery back up system to carry on top is at least something other folks haven't thought about. personally i would think they could com up with some sort of solar panel option.

RTT with a solar panel for a top cover? *wrings hands mischievously*

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are many issues with Hydrogen...its not the panacea that everyone thinks it is.

The biggest issue with EVs is energy density of the batteries and weight of those batteries.

IMO The thing that needs to happen in the short term is additional charging areas (happening now) and being able to charge up to at least 80% of your max range in 15-20 minutes. If you can charge at home/work, it's even less than an issue.

Reactions: Jdc

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting…assuming they can actually build a top to support it on the Bronco which, well, tips are an issue for the first 3 years thus far.

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When the Rivian was first being brought to market, it was really appealing at the low 70's price tag. still extremely expensive and out of my budget. I remember telling a friend about the truck and the range and us discussing the pro's and Con's.

He stated "Do you know what would be really nice? if you could put a small gas generator in the bed to give you a few extra miles of range..."

My response to him was "yes, if only the technology existed to have the the vehicle run off just the gas engine, then would could eliminate all the expensive electronics and range issues".

His reply "A$$H0le!"
I will own that one.

Rrehder

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would think Hybrid and/or EV options are absolutely in the works. Some will like them, some will hate them (loudly), and sometimes car companies patent things they never build just because they have a novel (read: unpatented by other manufacturers) idea.

I would be very interested in Ford's take on a rooftop battery when they already give us a fairly low stated roof weight capacity for Sasquatch packaged Broncos?
I guess the haters will keep the values of the used gas versions higher so I could afford to get the EV if it comes out😀

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Solid state EV batteries are hyper accelerating on the tech side, this will solve a couple of current issues, but its still a couple years out.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Solid state EV batteries are hyper accelerating on the tech side, this will solve a couple of current issues, but its still a couple years out.
Solid State Batteries are like Commercial Nuclear Fusion. Only 20 years away for the last 50 years.

Brumby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When the Rivian was first being brought to market, it was really appealing at the low 70's price tag. still extremely expensive and out of my budget. I remember telling a friend about the truck and the range and us discussing the pro's and Con's.

He stated "Do you know what would be really nice? if you could put a small gas generator in the bed to give you a few extra miles of range..."

My response to him was "yes, if only the technology existed to have the the vehicle run off just the gas engine, then would could eliminate all the expensive electronics and range issues".

His reply "A$$H0le!"
I will own that one.
What you're describing is similar to the Prius. They can run on electric until the battery is depleted then it cuts over to gas.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is hilarious!

Ford can't offer even a roof rack on half the lineup but thinks that the pony can carry a roof top battery! EV is such a joke.

Fools and their money are easily parted.
Sponsored