First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did my research and recently bought this DeWalt portable air compressor which I will use for my Sasquatch tires on my Bronco. This thing is way more portable and powerful enough to inflate 35s or 37s. It takes any standard DeWalt battery AND it only costs about $99 if you already have a battery.

The hose on the left is for inflating bike and car tires up to about 150 psi. The hose on the right I use to inflate my kiteboards, air mattress, etc. Also great for kayaks & more. Super easy to use, just dial in the desired pressure and let it run. When finished, move onto the next tire. It even has a flashlight built into the handle.

For me, this compact, lightweight and powerful design has ALL I need at a super affordable price. IMO, better than that big, clunky ARB box in my rig.

PXL_20210518_173124512.jpg
I own just about every dewalt tool there is, and this compressor is handy for pool floats and bike tires. Your out of your mind if you think this is something to use on the “trails” for air down and air up. Squatch tires! Lol.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own just about every dewalt tool there is, and this compressor is handy for pool floats and bike tires. Your out of your mind if you think this is something to use on the “trails” for air down and air up. Squatch tires! Lol.
I've used it on big tires, works like a charm. It isn't super fast, but it works.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some of us who air up/down multiple times during a trip (in my case up to 6 oversize MT tires), time adds up when you have a wife & 2 dogs waiting in the tow vehicle, so the quicker the better. I have a co2 tank setup, viair 400p and the arb twin portable setup depending on excursion. I also use deflators and multiple tire hose to inflate. Again, time is of the essence for me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did my research and recently bought this DeWalt portable air compressor which I will use for my Sasquatch tires on my Bronco. This thing is way more portable and powerful enough to inflate 35s or 37s. It takes any standard DeWalt battery AND it only costs about $99 if you already have a battery.

The hose on the left is for inflating bike and car tires up to about 150 psi. The hose on the right I use to inflate my kiteboards, air mattress, etc. Also great for kayaks & more. Super easy to use, just dial in the desired pressure and let it run. When finished, move onto the next tire. It even has a flashlight built into the handle.

For me, this compact, lightweight and powerful design has ALL I need at a super affordable price. IMO, better than that big, clunky ARB box in my rig.

PXL_20210518_173124512.jpg
What's the duty cycle?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think people realize how long it takes to air back up when using these large tires. My Ranger Tremor is on 32s and even using a gas station air compressor is a 10+ minute affair usually.

Life is too short. Go ARB and never look back. The quality is worth the cost, and even the single piston unit is a massive upgrade over the consumer oriented units like the dewalt or CAT. If you’re only doing it once or twice a year then maybe.. but if you want to play more often, it gets real old sitting there for a half hour when you’re ready to be on the road.

As far as mounting this kit in a vehicle, the answer is an easy yes. The single piston unit is still plenty powerful and brackets are common.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From DeWalt:
"The DCC020IB inflator can inflate a car tire (235-45r17) from 0 to 35 PSI in 4 minutes 38 seconds or a truck tire (275-45r17) from 0 to 35 PSI in 8 minutes 15 seconds. On a single charge using battery model DCB230, the inflator can fill over 6 average car tires or between 3-4 truck tires.
By STANLEY BLACK+DECKER MANUFACTURER "

So a 315 70 R17 going from not zero, but common trail pressure of 18 to 40 is going to take a while. Probably more than 1 battery.

DeWalt SCFM is 1.2 at 90PSI, Smitty built is 5.65 SCFM at 150PSI, ARB single 2.18 SCFM @ 29psi, double 4.6 at 29PSI.
Smitty Bilt airs up 285 70 R17 from 18psi to 42PSI 3 minutes each, engine on for higher voltage.

I have burnt up many lesser compressors
I have a similar Ryobi inflator and recently aired down to 36 pounds from 80 (Rear) and 60 (Front) in my 2021 F250 Tremor (35s). I was far away from any gas stations out in Southern Utah so I threw my Ryobi on and attempted to air back up for proper towing. Each tire made it between 60 and 63 psi after 35-38 minutes and a dead battery.

I was originally planning to air down to 20 and was very glad that I did not. Roughly 35 minutes per tire to add 27 PSI. Plus you either need to be able to charge batteries or have 4 batteries on hand. I was using fully charged 4ah batteries.

I am now shopping for a portable compressor that I can take in either the Tremor or Bronco. I will save my Ryobi (which is supposed to be decent) for basketballs and pool toys.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a similar Ryobi inflator and recently aired down to 36 pounds from 80 (Rear) and 60 (Front) in my 2021 F250 Tremor (35s). I was far away from any gas stations out in Southern Utah so I threw my Ryobi on and attempted to air back up for proper towing. Each tire made it between 60 and 63 psi after 35-38 minutes and a dead battery.

I was originally planning to air down to 20 and was very glad that I did not. Roughly 35 minutes per tire to add 27 PSI. Plus you either need to be able to charge batteries or have 4 batteries on hand. I was using fully charged 4ah batteries.

I am now shopping for a portable compressor that I can take in either the Tremor or Bronco. I will save my Ryobi (which is supposed to be decent) for basketballs and pool toys.
Per tire…ouch.

Forgot I had these times on my phone from when I ran tests of my setups on my jeep.

Air times:
Tires - 35/12.50/15 Cooper STT Pros
Inflate (includes connecting/disconnecting and walking to next tire):

18psi to 35psi
Viair 400p - 14min 8sec
CO2 tank - 5min 24sec
CO2 tank w/ Indeflate 2-tire hose system - 4min 30sec
ARB twin - 7min 32sec
ARB twin w/ Indeflate 2-tire hose system - 7min 22sec

id really like the guy who has the dewalt thing to go out and time it. Im curious now.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How is the big Tremor? I thought long and hard about getting one instead of the Ranger Tremor. The size tho.. holy heck is that a big beast.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve used the Master Flow Tsunami for 6 years and still works great. No issues airing up 35s after being down to 12 psi and is only $89 now, was $69 when I bought mine new 6 years ago. Comes with a carrying case and fits in small spaces so it’s out fo the way and secure when off road.

With the Bronco I will seek to mount onboard air in the engine bay as its the cool thing to do, and works a bit faster, but this Master Flow has worked great and will work until I add on board air.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit Overview 1621396159896

Sponsored

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From DeWalt:
"The DCC020IB inflator can inflate a car tire (235-45r17) from 0 to 35 PSI in 4 minutes 38 seconds or a truck tire (275-45r17) from 0 to 35 PSI in 8 minutes 15 seconds. On a single charge using battery model DCB230, the inflator can fill over 6 average car tires or between 3-4 truck tires.
By STANLEY BLACK+DECKER MANUFACTURER "

So a 315 70 R17 going from not zero, but common trail pressure of 18 to 40 is going to take a while. Probably more than 1 battery.

DeWalt SCFM is 1.2 at 90PSI, Smitty built is 5.65 SCFM at 150PSI, ARB single 2.18 SCFM @ 29psi, double 4.6 at 29PSI.
Smitty Bilt airs up 285 70 R17 from 18psi to 42PSI 3 minutes each, engine on for higher voltage.

I have burnt up many lesser compressors
The Smitty looks like a great option... price-performance wise anyway.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used the Master Flow Tsunami for 6 years and still works great. No issues airing up 35s after being down to 12 psi and is only $89 now, was $69 when I bought mine new 6 years ago. Comes with a carrying case and fits in small spaces so it’s out fo the way and secure when off road.

With the Bronco I will seek to mount onboard air in the engine bay as its the cool thing to do, and works a bit faster, but this Master Flow has worked great and will work until I add on board air.
The Tsunami is seriously underated, used one for 5 years only issue was increasing gauge of wires to battery. took about 4 mins per tire, not bad at all.

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys grabbed up the last few ford/arb compressors. Our eta from for is Late June.

I do have quite a few Smittybuilt ones available if anyone is interested. I can match online prices on that one, just message or call me to order.

SmittyBuilt High Performance 5.65cfm 12V Air Compressor

Frank

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys grabbed up the last few ford/arb compressors. Our eta from for is Late June.

I do have quite a few Smittybuilt ones available if anyone is interested. I can match online prices on that one, just message or call me to order.

SmittyBuilt High Performance 5.65cfm 12V Air Compressor

Frank
Any update on the arb compressor I ordered yesterday did I grab one of the few left or is it June not that I need it wright away still waiting to hear when my bronco will be delivered lol

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on the arb compressor I ordered yesterday did I grab one of the few left or is it June not that I need it wright away still waiting to hear when my bronco will be delivered lol
Lol, just sent you a message but you were a hair late.
Sponsored