First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are building 3, you can't buy it, surprise, surprise!

fyDO.gif

Was so excited for this today, work turned into a dumpster fire and then I come home and login to see this...

I need to stop getting my hopes up about these "debuts".
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am now over my disappointment and am curious how I can get the portals without spending a small fortune. Super cool stuff! Maybe a lot of this will go on the Warthog so it was kind of like a reveal without guaranteeing us these parts?

I also really hope Ford releases some sort of winch mount like what is seen here. I would go for this in a heartbeat! Only issue would be access to the winch clutch and winch controller. You probably couldn't get to the clutch so you would have to wait for it to unspool under power and plugging in a controller would probably be too difficult or impossible in all or at least most situations, so you would either need a wireless remote or to wire in some good in-cab controls.

1612390015540.png
There isnā€™t anything inherently expensive about building a portal axle except for the fact that they just arenā€™t really common. Most are custom or one offs... if Ford started mass producing them the price could be driven down drastically.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isnā€™t anything inherently expensive about building a portal axle except for the fact that they just arenā€™t really common. Most are custom or one offs... if Ford started mass producing them the price could be driven down drastically.
Exactly what I am hoping for. I didn't do a lot of digging, but what I found quickly was complete axle assemblies and those are more than a bit out of my price range. If I can modify what I already have instead of replacing everything, that would be fantastic.

Sponsored

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very Impressed by how "stock" this thing is. Says a lot about the platform. Especially considering it has the stock front diff with all the IFS haters out there. Ultra4 racing is BRUTAL on components. A lot of the suspension components are very stock design including geometry. I'm disappointed it wasn't done in time for KOH but to be honest nobody probably expected KOH to happen with all the Cali restrictions. Anybody who isn't impressed by this and what it represents for the brand is a potato.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, was disappointed until I read through the thread. Calling people stupid and šŸ‘† flying around must mean Ford nailed something.

Personally, I'm just tired of seeing more stuff I can't have when I don't even know when I'm going to get MY Bronco. The one I reserved 7-8 months ago. The one I need to wait another couple of months to find out how many more months to wait.

R&D is great. It's good for all of us. Even those who will never use the "extras". I'm just tired of seeing one new Bronco after the other that will not be for sale when they haven't even produced a single base model for the retail market.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would humbly offer, if this were GM, uh, you would have...erm...absolutely...nothing. And you would have nothing to complain about, since there would be...nothing.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would humbly offer, if this were GM, uh, you would have...erm...absolutely...nothing. And you would have nothing to complain about, since there would be...nothing.
They're probably right now trying to figure out how to fit some 30s on that Blazer and make a dirt road version. Just wait.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's see: New Ferrari F8 Tributo, $200,000, one year wait. New Bronco: $50,000, one year wait. Who's getting screwed?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it. Ultra 4 is a really growing series and it hits a good chunk of the country. Way to support a growing series as the ONLY manufacturer to support it. Sounds like they moves their race money from the GT over to the Bronco and made the dreams of 3 race teams come true. Now...If it makes it easier for me to get Ford Performance Parts for my Bronco....even better!

Me 2. Loving it !!!!!!.................... all those cool parts being developed so I can buy them later and upgrade my Bronc.

Portal axles, longer control arms, RCV axles. šŸ™Œ

Thought is was another good point that they kept the factory front Dana but replaced the rear with a 60. Interesting.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, I'm just tired of seeing more stuff I can't have when I don't even know when I'm going to get MY Bronco. The one I reserved 7-8 months ago. The one I need to wait another couple of months to find out how many more months to wait.
Not sure why you think this is holding you up or that you cant have it. Its a very close to stock bronco (probably badlands based on the OEM factory locking diff in front) with almost entirely bolt on parts. You could duplicate this thing in your garage, which is what makes it cool.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone broke something, that's fresh spray paint. There's gotta be a story here that's better than the reveal. Perhaps that's why the Yukon jump was taken so slow in the FE on the qualifying lap.
1612384108000.png

More likely lowered the mount therefore requiring some extra gussets to keep it from folding in half. (y)(y)

Last edited:

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will express how I feel with a joke.

A doctor says to his patient, I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?
The patient says "I'll take the bad news first."
The doctor says "You have 6 months to live."
The patient says "That's terrible... so what's the good news?"
The doctor says "I've been sleeping with my secretary."

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More likely lower the mount therefore requiring some extra gussets to keep it from folding in half. (y)(y)
Exactly this
Sponsored