Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have just what
side trim 2.jpg
you are looking for. It will cost you just about the same though! Lol
What a beauty Jeff. It's nice to see one that a knucklehead hadn't taken a pair of tin snips too just to put bigger tires on. My neighbor has a '72, and that's what happened to his before he bought it. Of course you know how hard it is to find replacement parts for these icons.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand the frustration, I'm waiting on mine to come out of production since 3/1. Clearly you don't think they would stop the production line to prioritize those already built and waiting? That would push back everyone else's builds as well as cost millions by shutting down the line
This is why you make a smaller second line for the ice mtn/builds that are being held for QC/chips/etc. so you do not have to stop production but can also knock out the ones on hold.

Mine was built but I still have to wait like 1.5 months for a small QC issue. If they have that second line up and going, I wait maybe another week vs 1.5 months.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a beauty Jeff. It's nice to see on that a knucklehead hadn't taken a pair of tin snips too just to put bigger tires on. My neighbor has a '72, and that's what happened to his before he bought it. Of course you know how hard it is to find replacement parts for these icons.
Thanks! She is quite a survivor but still gets up in the mountains each year.

Sponsored

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stopped by my dealer a few days after receiving my Bronco because the canvas soft top ordered did not come with delivery. While there, our sales rep showed me how Ford sent data stating two door models will currently have a 17% build rate . Yikes!
FML! 2-door, OB, 2.7, Lux, Tow. Not changing a single thing though. I want what I want. Might give up on the bronco all together as long as they give me my $2K deposit back....yeah right.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FML! 2-door, OB, 2.7, Lux, Tow. Not changing a single thing though. I want what I want. Might give up on the bronco all together as long as they give me my $2K deposit back....yeah right.

I'm not giving up on my 2Dr order either, but with the continuous sub 20% build rate for them there's a 'some what' conspiracy theory that I've been kicking around and I've had people agree with my train of though.

It may be more fact than conspiracy, but it's been something that has been seeming more plausible as time goes on. It's also something that's come up with friends, when we talk about how long of a wait I have (late '23 at best atm).

We all know how Ford used Jeep as a template standard/bar to meet and/or beat for the Bronco.
This also goes into sales percentage of 2Dr and 4Dr. Jeep's 2Dr sales are relatively low over all and I can't find the article atm so don't throw too many chairs at me, but it was like sub 18% of sales were 2Dr.

We also know all the automakers love 4Drs and how their bean counters and share holders just love how profitable they are, so they pump the most resources into them and everything else is less important.

We all agree on how Ford hit it out of the park with the 6g's design and styling, but I disagree with those that think the 2Dr was an 'after thought'.

Hard top issues aside and the fact that 2Drs have it as their only top, I think Ford dropped the ball and kicked it onto the rush hour freeway when they went and put order for materials, parts and such. They probably figured that roughly 80% of the Bronco orders were going to be 4Drs, based on all those 'survey groups', and that is what they set up the material orders for.

Then the reveal happened, hype unleashed, and the order banks opened with the people putting in reservations throwing a fast bean-ball to Ford's forehead. I'm betting 2Dr reservations and interest was close to, if not more than, double what Ford had figured on and they were caught extremely off guard.

Now, instead of shifting some resources to improve the 2Dr result, they instead heavily push changing your order to a 4Dr and not just the most basic to get one early. The trend for special editions, outside of Raptor, has been 4Dr and I have this sinking feeling that the any others, even Heritage edition, will all be 4Dr.

I'd like for them to surprise me and prove me wrong, but outside of the early 2Dr mules that were used to show off accessories and the awesome looking 2Dr Heritage renders that were done last year, have we even seen any 2Dr 'special edition test mules' spied running around?

We haven't, unless I missed a thread some where.

Sorry for the long, rant-ish post.

:steps off soapbox and throws it into the river:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not giving up on my 2Dr order either, but with the continuous sub 20% build rate for them there's a 'some what' conspiracy theory that I've been kicking around and I've had people agree with my train of though.

It may be more fact than conspiracy, but it's been something that has been seeming more plausible as time goes on. It's also something that's come up with friends, when we talk about how long of a wait I have (late '23 at best atm).

We all know how Ford used Jeep as a template standard/bar to meet and/or beat for the Bronco.
This also goes into sales percentage of 2Dr and 4Dr. Jeep's 2Dr sales are relatively low over all and I can't find the article atm so don't throw too many chairs at me, but it was like sub 18% of sales were 2Dr.

We also know all the automakers love 4Drs and how their bean counters and share holders just love how profitable they are, so they pump the most resources into them and everything else is less important.

We all agree on how Ford hit it out of the park with the 6g's design and styling, but I disagree with those that think the 2Dr was an 'after thought'.

Hard top issues aside and the fact that 2Drs have it as their only top, I think Ford dropped the ball and kicked it onto the rush hour freeway when they went and put order for materials, parts and such. They probably figured that roughly 80% of the Bronco orders were going to be 4Drs, based on all those 'survey groups', and that is what they set up the material orders for.

Then the reveal happened, hype unleashed, and the order banks opened with the people putting in reservations throwing a fast bean-ball to Ford's forehead. I'm betting 2Dr reservations and interest was close to, if not more than, double what Ford had figured on and they were caught extremely off guard.

Now, instead of shifting some resources to improve the 2Dr result, they instead heavily push changing your order to a 4Dr and not just the most basic to get one early. The trend for special editions, outside of Raptor, has been 4Dr and I have this sinking feeling that the any others, even Heritage edition, will all be 4Dr.

I'd like for them to surprise me and prove me wrong, but outside of the early 2Dr mules that were used to show off accessories and the awesome looking 2Dr Heritage renders that were done last year, have we even seen any 2Dr 'special edition test mules' spied running around?

We haven't, unless I missed a thread some where.

Sorry for the long, rant-ish post.

:steps off soapbox and throws it into the river:
It's certainly true that Jeep averages approximately a 4:1 ratio of 4-door to 2-door sales and has been the case for many decades.

No doubt Ford expects to maintain approximately that ratio as well.

However, it's widely known, understood, and leveraged that the first year of a new "lifestyle" brand/model will generate wildly uncharacteristic buying habits until the supply has satisfied that unusual demand.

This is made very clear in Gladiator sales which were off the charts the first few years to crashing hard before covid hit. That so many (union contract obligation) parts were available to build Gladiators during times when other models were struggling to obtain their parts content which has skewed sales of Gladiator the past 1.5 model years, but make no mistake, it was dying the same quick death it's predecessor was. (I believe this to be an excellent and fairly accurate article on that very topic: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/08/no-fixed-abode-dont-want-jeep-pickup-pansy/)

Obviously Ford goofed when it forgot it's own rule regarding product availability for first model years of hotly sought products, such as the GT350, GT350 Shelby, GT500, etc.

You have to account for pent up demand. Which Ford did not. And they did not do this approximately 30-48 months before Bronco was to launch.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's certainly true that Jeep averages approximately a 4:1 ratio of 4-door to 2-door sales and has been the case for many decades................
In 2007 Jeep sold 127K Wranglers and just over 50K were 2 doors, in 2009 86,000 sold 39,000 were 2 doors.......

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In 2007 Jeep sold 127K Wranglers and just over 50K were 2 doors, in 2009 86,000 sold 39,000 were 2 doors.......
That ratio has dropped of considerably since then.

It's becoming common practice to push special models/editions to 4Dr models now. Around 2015/2016 2Dr Wrangler sales were barely 25% at best and it's been a slow decline since because of the push to put 'special' anything (interior package, 392, ect) on 4 Drs.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That ratio has dropped of considerably since then.

It's becoming common practice to push special models/editions to 4Dr models now. Around 2015/2016 2Dr Wrangler sales were barely 25% at best and it's been a slow decline since because of the push to put 'special' anything (interior package, 392, ect) on 4 Drs.
Just pointing out that it hasn't been that way for "many decades".

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's certainly true that Jeep averages approximately a 4:1 ratio of 4-door to 2-door sales and has been the case for many decades.

No doubt Ford expects to maintain approximately that ratio as well.

However, it's widely known, understood, and leveraged that the first year of a new "lifestyle" brand/model will generate wildly uncharacteristic buying habits until the supply has satisfied that unusual demand.

This is made very clear in Gladiator sales which were off the charts the first few years to crashing hard before covid hit. That so many (union contract obligation) parts were available to build Gladiators during times when other models were struggling to obtain their parts content which has skewed sales of Gladiator the past 1.5 model years, but make no mistake, it was dying the same quick death it's predecessor was. (I believe this to be an excellent and fairly accurate article on that very topic: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/08/no-fixed-abode-dont-want-jeep-pickup-pansy/)

Obviously Ford goofed when it forgot it's own rule regarding product availability for first model years of hotly sought products, such as the GT350, GT350 Shelby, GT500, etc.

You have to account for pent up demand. Which Ford did not. And they did not do this approximately 30-48 months before Bronco was to launch.
I did some what figure in the fact that the 2Dr popularity might be a bit skewed because it's a first year, but it's also possible, in the Bronco's case, that the 2Dr could possibly hold it's draw much better than the Wrangler.
There are so few 2Drs out there, especially tastefully modified ones, and then you throw in the fact that the Aftermarket is heavily skewed to 4Dr's at the moment. I personally think the 2Dr Bronco will fair better than the 2 Dr Wrangler has, but that's me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did some what figure in the fact that the 2Dr popularity might be a bit skewed because it's a first year, but it's also possible, in the Bronco's case, that the 2Dr could possibly hold it's draw much better than the Wrangler.
There are so few 2Drs out there, especially tastefully modified ones, and then you throw in the fact that the Aftermarket is heavily skewed to 4Dr's at the moment. I personally think the 2Dr Bronco will fair better than the 2 Dr Wrangler has, but that's me.
2-door will always have it's place, like Wrangler does. But it won't be a sales leader. Just draws enough water to keep it alive in certain formats and for empty nesters who don't rent multiple storage units for all their crap.

With the slow roll-out of Bronco it's certainly possible that 2-door sales will be strong into 2023-2024 depending on when they can start rolling MAP at full capacity.

I don't see the aftermarket impacting how Ford splits their resource allocation model, but will absolutely impact how many companies want to make another product for 2-doors.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
Looks like Ford is using Bull-chips on it's customer vehicles...

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To clarify /summarize what's going on with this thread topic as it pertains to my order, because it's a little confusing with all of the varying opinions....

does this mean if I HAVEN'T received a build date yet, is it more likely to happen sooner or later because of this news?
Sponsored