First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
Ford is short on chips because during the height of the pandemic they made ventilators and failed to pre order the volume of chips for vehicle production, this cause a back log once they started building vehicles again. Now having not placed the order for the required chips and the effects of the pandemic on the Chinese chip makers caused an even bigger shortage that we are still suffering from. But what do I know?!
Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s an industry problem. They are all juggling chips and production. Good news here is they are pushing off dealer stock where it appears they will be pushing more chips to unfinished builds and and retail customer orders. According to this post, In February, some 33 percent of the company's U.S. retail sales fulfilled previous customer orders. By pushing dealer stock allocation and shifting chips to retail orders I would think would help us.
It’s an industry problem because the automakers made the CHOICE to build sensitive build components with third world country cheap labor. Ford owns this problem. They created it by chasing cheap labor. Unfortunately it’s we the customers who suffer. Ford could care less when you get your truck and will not change a thing in the future. I’ve posted this many times here but it bears repeating : In 1960, the largest private employer in America was General Motors paying union scale wages. Today it’s WalMart. Enough said.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is where my argument for a Bare Bones Bronco comes into play. I’ve said this multiple times on here.

Build a Bronco that has manual roll up and down windows, stock radio (no satellite, nav, etc…) manual transfer case, naturally aspirated engine (ford has several to choose from), manual parking brake, soft top (hard top optional later) no frills Bronco.

For me, you could even take away the lockers and put in LSDs in that Dana 44 bell housing. Making for even less computer chips. I’d like to say only offer it in a Manual Transmission, but that may be going too far for some people. Put 4.7 gears with the stock Badlands Suspension and 33s. Sasquatch not available. Rubber floors and MGV seats.

Call it the Apocalypse, since it doesn’t have too much tech to break on it.

I’d buy that type of Bronco. AND I know that it would be reliable as it wouldn’t have a lot of tech and too many sensors to go wrong. Anything that can be manual instead of electronic, should be on that model. Pulling out any chip that is not essential to safety equipment or operating the vehicle.

I’d pay between Big Bend to Black Diamond pricing for a stripped down vehicle like that. Make it an affordable Specialty Bronco similar to the Everglades or Raptor, but at pricing an everyday person can afford on a stretched budget.

@Ford Motor Company
And it would be one of the most expensive models they offer. Just because it's called the "Apocalypse" edition.

But this is what keeps me looking at TJ Unlimiteds. They're simpler than a golden retriever and just as reliable.

OP
OP
22OBX

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s an industry problem because the automakers made the CHOICE to build sensitive build components with third world country cheap labor. Ford owns this problem. They created it by chasing cheap labor. Unfortunately it’s we the customers who suffer. Ford could care less when you get your truck and will not change a thing in the future. I’ve posted this many times here but it bears repeating : In 1960, the largest private employer in America was General Motors paying union scale wages. Today it’s WalMart. Enough said.
Ford is a corporation owned by shareholders. Yes they do care. How many automotive chips are made in the US? And what manufacturer doesn’t outsource globally?

OP
OP
22OBX

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To clarify /summarize what's going on with this thread topic as it pertains to my order, because it's a little confusing with all of the varying opinions....

does this mean if I HAVEN'T received a build date yet, is it more likely to happen sooner or later because of this news?
This thread is talking about Ford holding any dealer stock Allocation until the end of May. In other words they need to focus on building or decreasing the backlog of in house customer orders across all models. By not building retail stock on all models it could free up some shared chips to potentially increase Bronco’s shipped. If you haven’t received an email from Ford or if your dealer hasn’t told you that you have a build week, you are not scheduled.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is a corporation owned by shareholders. Yes they do care. How many automotive chips are made in the US? And what manufacturer doesn’t outsource globally?
Exactly; If Ford didn't go after the cheap labor like everyone else, there may not be a Ford Motor Company to buy a vehicle from. If they made everything here, they wouldn't be able to compete on pricing and would be gone soon. I doubt any of you want to go work for them for about $3.00 an hour?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And it would be one of the most expensive models they offer. Just because it's called the "Apocalypse" edition.

But this is what keeps me looking at TJ Unlimiteds. They're simpler than a golden retriever and just as reliable.
I love TJ Unlimiteds!!!!! Unfortunately they are either way over priced or all rusted out. That is one of my favorite Jeeps for what it is for sure 😁

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you haven’t received an email from Ford or if your dealer hasn’t told you that you have a build week, you are not scheduled.
Sure, I know that I'm not scheduled... what I'm asking is will this news make it more or less likely to get scheduled sooner. I think the answer may be "less likely".

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread is talking about Ford holding any dealer stock Allocation until the end of May. In other words they need to focus on building or decreasing the backlog of in house customer orders across all models. By not building retail stock on all models it could free up some shared chips to potentially increase Bronco’s shipped. If you haven’t received an email from Ford or if your dealer hasn’t told you that you have a build week, you are not scheduled.
Lots of us have had zero communication with Ford or our dealers since placing our orders, not even an acknowledgement of an our order. I'd bet that I won't see any communication from either till my Bronco gets delivered and is ready for pickup. Lots of threads on this.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think this is good thing. They are completing the partially complete orders and not build dealer units. This will lessen their demend since they slowed dealer units. If they paused 500 dealer units, that is 500 ice mountain units being completed and 500 less dealer units competing for commodities.

Sure, I know that I'm not scheduled... what I'm asking is will this news make it more or less likely to get scheduled sooner. I think the answer may be "less likely".

Sponsored

misterfusi0n

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a friend whose bronco was built on 2/22/22 and received it on 3/1. It has to do with what is on hand while it is going down the line.
What did he order?

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any idea on if this will effect units already in production or just how they schedule going forward? I was able to make a deal on a dealer stock unit that had a blend date of 3/15 and yesterday the BCE modules popped but not the PCM. Is it possible they are going to move it to dirt mountain and make it set until may to finish? I guess it makes more sense to me to finish what is on the line and move to only customer order units after you clear the line but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Honestly I feel pretty guilty about the way this has worked out. I messed around and did not order and then they shut down orders(my wife wanted to put me on a rack). I then found this deal (at MSRP) which was set to blend in less than a week. It almost seems to good to be true.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea on if this will effect units already in production or just how they schedule going forward? I was able to make a deal on a dealer stock unit that had a blend date of 3/15 and yesterday the BCE modules popped but not the PCM. Is it possible they are going to move it to dirt mountain and make it set until may to finish? I guess it makes more sense to me to finish what is on the line and move to only customer order units after you clear the line but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Honestly I feel pretty guilty about the way this has worked out. I messed around and did not order and then they shut down orders(my wife wanted to put me on a rack). I then found this deal (at MSRP) which was set to blend in less than a week. It almost seems to good to be true.
Hi 77Ford! Your story is remarkably similar to mine! I can tell you the stock unit I've been looking at is showing as completed and waiting for transport. It only showed BCE lighting up on the tracker, but really, that's been pretty common for a lot of people. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be delivered soon and they are "drying out" the pipeline to focus on orders, not dealer stock.

I have been on this site for a long time and do feel a bit guilty too and do think it's the right move for this change by Ford. But with that admitted, I also want them to finish this truck and deliver it!!!! Best of luck!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs