First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Scatpack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, and in that case Ford probably needs to admit the fucked up and took more orders than the could gave possibly fill in a timely manner. That's not a supply chain issues, that's called GREED at the customers expense.

Ford kept taking reservations and orders even when they knew there were supply chain issue and they had thousands of unfinished Bronco's sitting on Dirt mountain.

So, let's just admit it, it's easier to blame supply chain issue like a CHIP shortage than admit that that company fucked up. Well, Ford did actually kind of admit they fucked up. As of March 7th they stopped taking new orders to clear the back log, So at least there's that.
Thank you, well said!!!!
Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
You really donā€™t think there would be a demand for something like that. Iā€™d buy one Iā€™m in a heartbeat over some of the other options available. The Everglades for one, I donā€™t even have the slighted interest in.

I am a minimalist and prefer reliability over comfort items. Now donā€™t get me wrong, I do love technology, when it is working properly. Do I like heated seats? Of course I do, but I donā€™t see it as a need in an off road vehicle.

I understand that it would be a narrow scope type of Bronco, but there are many that would buy it and many, if told today that they could have their Bronco built and delivered in the next 10 weeks, but it would have to be a minimal chip type of Bronco like I described, Iā€™d bet you a coffee that more than five would be ordered šŸ¤£
Include an analog dash with one speedometer and one tach.
2H, 4H, 4L, AM, FM USB ports, heat and A/C and I'm good to go.
Navigation would be a nice option.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Polaris makes the kind of vehicle you are looking for. Full tilt models will still cost you $30k+. The type of vehicle you're describing would not be profitable enough for Ford to build given the low number of people that would purchase them. They exist to turn a profit, not to lose money making specialty vehicles to fill an incredibly small market niche.

rzr-pro-xp-ultimate-titanium-matte-1-745x419.png
You know there are only a few people who take your stance or try to speak from Fordā€™s foxhole for them. There seems to be a lot of interest and in a constraint environment that we are currently in, this kind of build makes sense and it is going to be a few years to fix all the supplier problems.

Thanks for your opinion though šŸ‘

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
The Jeeps are a Conestoga wagon compared to the "smart" Bronco. Come on guys start comparing apples to apples here . Think a little.

ed_Rocket

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 fastbac, 69, 70 scout, 22 bronco.....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where my argument for a Bare Bones Bronco comes into play. Iā€™ve said this multiple times on here.

Build a Bronco that has manual roll up and down windows, stock radio (no satellite, nav, etcā€¦) manual transfer case, naturally aspirated engine (ford has several to choose from), manual parking brake, soft top (hard top optional later) no frills Bronco.

For me, you could even take away the lockers and put in LSDs in that Dana 44 bell housing. Making for even less computer chips. Iā€™d like to say only offer it in a Manual Transmission, but that may be going too far for some people. Put 4.7 gears with the stock Badlands Suspension and 33s. Sasquatch not available. Rubber floors and MGV seats.

Call it the Apocalypse, since it doesnā€™t have too much tech to break on it.

Iā€™d buy that type of Bronco. AND I know that it would be reliable as it wouldnā€™t have a lot of tech and too many sensors to go wrong. Anything that can be manual instead of electronic, should be on that model. Pulling out any chip that is not essential to safety equipment or operating the vehicle.

Iā€™d pay between Big Bend to Black Diamond pricing for a stripped down vehicle like that. Make it an affordable Specialty Bronco similar to the Everglades or Raptor, but at pricing an everyday person can afford on a stretched budget.

@Ford Motor Company
100% agree with you for that type of bronco build. I would take that any day in place of the tech Gadgetry dash stuff, electric windows, etc that really does not add to my enjoyment of this type of vehicle. Ford is missing the boat on this. I love my ā€˜69 scout for what it does not have.

Sponsored

ed_Rocket

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 fastbac, 69, 70 scout, 22 bronco.....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all Iā€™ve ever wanted. You get me! Donā€™t even paint the thing. Just raw, off road, mad max ready. I support the apocalypse name sake too!
Special package option: Mad Max
Sign me up.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all Iā€™ve ever wanted. You get me! Donā€™t even paint the thing. Just raw, off road, mad max ready. I support the apocalypse name sake too!
I have just what
Ford Bronco Ford pushes dealer stock allocation to May side trim 2
you are looking for. It will cost you just about the same though! Lol

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is where my argument for a Bare Bones Bronco comes into play. Iā€™ve said this multiple times on here.

Build a Bronco that has manual roll up and down windows, stock radio (no satellite, nav, etcā€¦) manual transfer case, naturally aspirated engine (ford has several to choose from), manual parking brake, soft top (hard top optional later) no frills Bronco.

For me, you could even take away the lockers and put in LSDs in that Dana 44 bell housing. Making for even less computer chips. Iā€™d like to say only offer it in a Manual Transmission, but that may be going too far for some people. Put 4.7 gears with the stock Badlands Suspension and 33s. Sasquatch not available. Rubber floors and MGV seats.

Iā€™d buy that type of Bronco. AND I know that it would be reliable as it wouldnā€™t have a lot of tech and too many sensors to go wrong. Anything that can be manual instead of electronic, should be on that model. Pulling out any chip that is not essential to safety equipment or operating the vehicle.

Iā€™d pay between Big Bend to Black Diamond pricing for a stripped down vehicle like that. Make it an affordable Specialty Bronco similar to the Everglades or Raptor, but at pricing an everyday person can afford on a stretched budget.

@Ford Motor Company
You're right that Bronco should absolutely have a stripped-down spec build focused on off-roading.

There hasn't been a strong case that it would sell in the automotive industry beyond the first year or two of a new model, however. So there's certainly some risk.

Going the way that Toyota and Mazda have gone with their turn-key spec-series race cars, you can buy them out of any dealership and are made to order...... And are not excessively expensive. I could see this sort of thing out of special order for Bronco. Obviously not until supply chains sort out for them though.

One small point, user @Rocketeer Rick has pointed out a few times that the "Dana 44" that Ford is using does not seem to be a true Dana 44. I'll let him opine (again) if he wishes to, or search his profile for the posts he made.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have just what
you are looking for. It will cost you just about the same though! Lol
She is a beaut! But that paint job is a little too classy for the apocalypse ready mother Medusa chainsaw gang!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
She is a beaut! But that paint job is a little too classy for the apocalypse ready mother Medusa chainsaw gang!
Thanks but it's the distance. If you were up close you would see she is battle tested already.
It was repainted in the 80's and has a few rough areas. no rust though.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Polaris makes the kind of vehicle you are looking for. Full tilt models will still cost you $30k+. The type of vehicle you're describing would not be profitable enough for Ford to build given the low number of people that would purchase them. They exist to turn a profit, not to lose money making specialty vehicles to fill an incredibly small market niche.

I never said how much I would pay for it but I would pay 2dr Black Diamond price for it. I would say that would be a healthy profit for Ford. Call it the Porsche price, pay more for less.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
Strange because the offering you're describing is exactly what Jeep offers with a base Wrangler. Manual roll up windows, stock radio, manual transfer case, NA 3.6 motor, manual parking brake, soft top, hell you can even get it without AC. Its a market that's already been tested through them, and it doesn't sell.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@Ford Motor Company
Mechanical stuff is way less reliable than solid-state electronics, so no this will never happen. It's also typically way more expensive to manufacture/integrate.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Strange because the offering you're describing is exactly what Jeep offers with a base Wrangler. Manual roll up windows, stock radio, manual transfer case, NA 3.6 motor, manual parking brake, soft top, hell you can even get it without AC. Its a market that's already been tested through them, and it doesn't sell.
Actually what was described would be more like a Willyā€™s Sport plus some extras, which sell like crazy in Western NY.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm starting to not buy the whole chip shortage thing. My neighbor ordered a jeep Wrangler 392 on 1/17/2022 and picked it up yesterday 3/12/2022. If Jeep can turn around custom Wrangler orders in 7 weeks why is it taking Ford so long with our Broncos? Chip Shortage, I don't think so. Jeep uses chips too.
It might be because Italians have a simpler way of dealing with their cars.

Sponsored