Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can buy the exact same controller from the manufacturer or on Amazon and skip the dealer hassle. You can go to that company’s website and download the instructions to see what you need to do to install. I can’t remember the company’s name but just search Bronco trailer brakes and it will come up.
The Ford factory trailer brake control is Redarc Tow Pro Elite for the Bronco as an accessory, and according to the instructions is plug and play into the harness that I mentioned earlier. I checked my truck and the unused plug is where the instructions say it should be. I will be happy to report if it does or doesn't work out. If it works out, this is as easy as putting air in the tires, almost.

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I figured out what I was doing wrong, then got "The Deal!" Got the SUMMER20 20% off ($60.00) and cashed in my 42,000 points. ($210.00)

I ran the purchase through the FordPass phone app not to the laptop and it worked. I did have to add a $25.00 fender cover to make it $304.00 product purchase.

Total $163.93 ... Not bad. Purchased the hitch on amazon for $54.95 +tax.
Grand total $222.73 (Harness, labor, programing and with a fender cover to boot)

Took me all of 20 minuts to remove and reinstall the bumper by myself.

Waiting on delivery of harness and schedule install.

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation 1694110687652
Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation 1694110855677

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slightly on / off topic, if anyone has this bracket, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. Will send you cash for shipping & handling!

I wish I had waited just a bit - I put together an entire tow package with Curt products about two months ago, just need the bracket to finish installing everything.

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 3.16.07 PM

EDIT:

Thanks y'all! A fellow forum member is sending me their unused bracket!

Last edited:

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I figured out what I was doing wrong, then got "The Deal!" Got the SUMMER20 20% off ($60.00) and cashed in my 42,000 points. ($210.00)

I ran the purchase through the FordPass phone app not to the laptop and it worked. I did have to add a $25.00 fender cover to make it $304.00 product purchase.

Total $163.93 ... Not bad. Purchased the hitch on amazon for $54.95 +tax.
Grand total $222.73 (Harness, labor, programing and with a fender cover to boot)

Took me all of 20 minuts to remove and reinstall the bumper by myself.

Waiting on delivery of harness and schedule install.

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 3.16.07 PM
That hitch won't work with Ford's 7 pin connector.

Sponsored

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That hitch won't work with Ford's 7-pin connector.

For $54.00, I'll figure that out. BTW, the piece on the picture is removable. LoL

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slightly on / off topic, if anyone has this bracket, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. Will send you cash for shipping & handling!

I wish I had waited just a bit - I put together an entire tow package with Curt products about two months ago, just need the bracket to finish installing everything.

I should have one soon, I believe the harness comes with two types and this is the one that I do not need.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have one soon, I believe the harness comes with two types and this is the one that I do not need.
Correct, it comes with both. I used that one, if you have the OEM hitch you'll use the other.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct, it comes with both. I used that one, if you have the OEM hitch you'll use the other.
I think you're indirectly answering a question i have.

If i buy the Curt hitch, will the Ford factory trailer wiring harness still attach up to the Curt hitch?....see the two pics below. The Curt hitch is a lot cheaper than the Ford one for some reason (just a Ford upcharge?). Thanks to anyone that knows this answer.

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation Screenshot_20230910_113605_Chrome

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation Screenshot_20230910_113740_Chrome

jolutter

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
since you have to run a wire back to 7 pin and it could be run with the lighting harness.
Are you saying/implying that there is no blue wire at the trailer plug connection? The text below implies that the aftermarket brake controller is simple/similar to other pickups I've seen that are ready for a controller, just doesn't include one.

If this 7 way plug at the back is short a wire, the dealer is going to get to run a blue wire back when they do the install on our Bronco. Kelly just ordered this VP2DZ15A416A kit + install this morning. I'll ask to see the parts before they do the install.....I'd sure hope they'd keep it simple.

• Provides customer with wiring for aftermarket trailer brake controllers Dealer installation recommended

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you saying/implying that there is no blue wire at the trailer plug connection? The text below implies that the aftermarket brake controller is simple/similar to other pickups I've seen that are ready for a controller, just doesn't include one.

If this 7 way plug at the back is short a wire, the dealer is going to get to run a blue wire back when they do the install on our Bronco. Kelly just ordered this VP2DZ15A416A kit + install this morning. I'll ask to see the parts before they do the install.....I'd sure hope they'd keep it simple.

• Provides customer with wiring for aftermarket trailer brake controllers Dealer installation recommended
My mistake. The wire is there and has the terminal on the end of it to plug into the connector behind LF fender. Sorry for the confusion, I remember reading somewhere that the wire wasn’t in the harness.

jolutter

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My mistake. The wire is there and has the terminal on the end of it to plug into the connector behind LF fender. Sorry for the confusion, I remember reading somewhere that the wire wasn’t in the harness.

No worries, the photo of the kit looks like only 4 wires go to the 7 pin. I was a bit paranoid. But reading the instructions I found yesterday as well helped. I'll still ask to see the harness before they install it.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries, the photo of the kit looks like only 4 wires go to the 7 pin. I was a bit paranoid. But reading the instructions I found yesterday as well helped. I'll still ask to see the harness before they install it.
I looked at my yet uninstalled kit before I replied yesterday and it has all 7 pins populated.

Broncno

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a heads up for anyone getting this installed with pre paid install. I took mine to a smallish dealer and they turned me away for the install after having an appt. scheduled for 3 weeks. I had to get customer support on the phone and have them talk to service because they were worried about getting paid. Finally they said they would keep it and once they got payment figured out then they would work on it. I told them when I scheduled the appt. that it was prepaid and they only said after I arrived they had never heard of such a thing. It was a hassle but ford customer support is great and told them they had to do it.

Last edited:

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So reading into this. Looks like the best bet is to use the Ford installation for the lumen 4/7 kit. Then as needed buy and install the redarc brake controller (or utilize a curt echo).
Sponsored