Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I also installed my own 7-pin setup and brake controller. What did you have to use forscan for?
Having it allow sway control and disabling blis when your trailer is hooked up I believe.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally had the wiring harness/programming completed today. Dealer called this morning (appointment was yesterday) saying it was done. I asked a few questions leading to the FDRS programming. He said there was none. They were going to try and get by with just running the wiring. I referred to the last page of the instructions where it references Tow Bar Configuration in FDRS. He quickly dismissed my concern. I then indicated that I'll check when it is dropped off and if it wasn't enabled that they could drive it back and fix it. 4 hours later, the valet called to drop off my Bronco.

Makes me think that they had only installed 4-pin harnesses before and hadn't had experience with the 7-pin kit.

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got notification from Ford that the OEM hitch assembly was back in stock so I ordered mine with the 4/7 wiring harness in December. Scheduled for installation at a local dealer here in Houston this week. Fingers crossed that it goes well...

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally got my 7-pin installed yesterday by Gosch Temecula. It took the whole morning, but they said the install was smooth and no issues with FDRS. They did install the wiring plate to the backside of my Curt Hitch with just the outside hitch mounting bolt. I believe there is enough slack in the wiring for me to move it to the front.

When looking at the tow screen, I’m only seeing the “Trailer Sway Control”, whereas others in this thread also have “Trailer Light Check”. Do I need to use FORSCAN, or does that only show up after adding a trailer brake controller?

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation IMG_2884

Sponsored

KenDawg78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To setup sway control and disable blis during tow
I just had my car in the dealership, if you add an aftermarket 7 pin and did not have factory wiring you can't add the factory functions.

OP
OP
Zakm

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had my car in the dealership, if you add an aftermarket 7 pin and did not have factory wiring you can't add the factory functions.
That's odd that they said that, because I did. I bought the trailer module(which is what makes it work with forscan) and the rest was aftermarket wiring and 7 pin harness. I use to work at Ford as a technician and most of them don't dive deep into specific vehicles.

MHRider06

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do I know that the dealer has configuration on my Bronco after I installed the Lumen 4/7 wiring harness kit through Ford Accessories?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my dealer to install the 4/7 pin harness and hitch from the parts catalog. Looking forward to getting out there with this thing.

Ford Bronco Ford Releases 7 Pin Tow Wiring for Factory Installation 1706125131209

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer just called and said they need the Bronco for another day to install the kit. More complicated than they thought and the service writer thinks they've only done one before. They thought it was going to be like a 4 wire.
Can't wait to have them hit me up for extra cash when I pick it up. :(
They did not hit me up for extra cash. I was pleasantly suprised.

Last edited:

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So pretty much 7 pin for $425 with installation included. Kind of difficult to justify price difference for 4 pin I got from Curt for $55...
If you ever have to tow a boat trailer with hydraulic disk surge brakes, you won't be able to do it with your 4 pin set up. You need a reverse signal to operate the lock out solenoid so you can back down the boat ramp. You can tap into the reverse lamp wire behind one of the tail lights and run your own wire, but it is much more convenient to use a 7pin to 5 pin adapter when needed. If you ever have to tow something with electric brakes, you'll also need the 7 pin set up.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered and installed the Broaddicts hitch myself, simple, took about 30 minutes. Ordered the Ford Accessories 7 /4 pin harness from Ford and paid for the install fee of $120.00 at the same time. My Ford dealer had the Bronco for two and a half days, I don’t how much time they actually worked on it. I got a call at the end of the second day that the harness was causing faults, but it would be ready the next day. When I picked up the Bronco they tried to charge me $487.00, I had to explain to them that I had pre paid the installation and still got a call at home an hour later about paying the bill. I think the $120.00 was a good decision for me.

See, this is my fear. My dealer already has a habit of trying to charge me for my prepaid maintenance.
Sponsored