Sponsored

Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went around to clean out my email spam box today and noticed that Ford had cleared out all of my 262k ford reward points on March 19th ($1,300 worth!! - I purchased the bronco after a 571 day wait from reservation till delivery on 3/19/22 - I never got to use a single point). I called their Ford rewards customer service number, and said I would even be willing to open a Ford credit card to get the points back, but to no avail. (Sorry I didn't check this Ford - but you spamblast like crazy, thus this email reminder went to spam - and I missed the only important email I've received in over a year). The entire point of the reward points was to use it toward a hard top if I made the switch to a soft top (I had the modular top on order back before March of 2021 - and switched to a softtop on their promise), and they are just now allowing a few bronco customers to order the hardtop. Since my vehicle was last serviced at a dealership over a year ago (3/15/23 for windshield warranty work), they said too bad - kick rocks - we're keeping that $1,300 from you. I can live with losing out on $100 or so, but $1,300, come on!! It's not like there was ever a use it or lose it clause mentioned when receiving the points - I figured i was slowly losing it to inflation anyways.... I'm so sorry Ford that I can change my own oil, air filters, and rotate my own tires...

I write this post to inform anyone who reads it that Ford will wipe those points from your account too if you don't do anything with them for over a year - amazing vehicle - terrible customer service.
Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would try to fight it and see what Ford is willing to do.

With that said, there is a 2 year no activity deletion rule, meaning you have to be adding or subtract points at least once within 2 years or they reclaim them.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang that stinks! I'd be asking for an escalation and / or contact Ford HQ..

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks but I do believe somewhere in the fine print it does state that the points will expire if not used in a certain amount of time.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks but is in the rules. And being it's been over 2 years since earning, I think you are SOL. The rules state 365 consecutive calendar days since at the least 2021.

Do FordPass Rewards Points Expire?
Yes. FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would try to fight it and see what Ford is willing to do.

With that said, there is a 2 year no activity deletion rule, meaning you have to be adding or subtract points at least once within 2 years or they reclaim them.
I took it in for warranty work at a Ford dealership 13 months ago, and they said it had to be within a year.... and yeah, Ford said too bad.... I get that some points could be subtracted after two years (like a gift card), but all $1,300 worth is insane!

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks but is in the rules. And being it's been over 2 years since earning, I think you are SOL. The rules state 365 consecutive calendar days since at the least 2021.

Do FordPass Rewards Points Expire?
Yes. FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring.
Well crap, should've read the fine print... still a completely ridiculous policy!

Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just so it's clear in my mind; the OP gets free points gifted to him, he doesn't use them or read the conditions of the points so he losses them. He then proceeds to go on a public forum and accuses Ford of stealing from him. Humanity is doomed.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks.

What does the ToS say about when to use them? I ask as I have no idea, I didn't get any of my points as a day one reservation holder and order transitioner because my dealer sucks so I never received any anyways.

Zeekari

Black Diamond
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would ford give the points back? Thats 1300 worth of items you can purchase from them. I’d be pissed too if I was trying to save up for a big ticket item and then bam empty. That sucks

threebanger

Everglades
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades, 2020 Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Same thing happened with my Shelby purchase. 42k gone. No notice or warning. Poof.
Sponsored