Sponsored

Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I got the Ford Visa. Purchases earn points, count as activity and resets the clock.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

+1 Ford Visa and I used that to purchase my ESP from Granger.

I use my points for all my services.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
262k ford reward points
We had countless threads on this forum full of dealers in the replies claiming that it was not possible to get those points. I posted several times that it was in fact true, so at least now you’re not being attacked for trying to help others.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sales Tax? When I buy accessories with points, I had to pay the tax out of pocket. But when I got my oil changed they could use points for the whole thing?

Different dealers, but ???
Welllllllll, about that. If you bought accessories directly from Ford or across your parts counter, they probably have to collect tax. We only have to collect in IN, KY, IL and maybe OH at this point since we meet the revenue threshold. On-line is a different animal and until legislation is passed by states or federal, we don't have to collect. There's also a points usage exemption on Ford Performance parts but there are several grey areas.

Owner Advantage was dealer funded and let the customer earn on any transaction (part sales across the counter included) but was still only on the parts/labor on an RO and did not include tax or other fees like shop materials or haz mat disposal. I wish Ford would allow point earns from on-line sales since it's essentially the exact same procedure as if you were standing at the parts counter doing the transaction. They tout points can be used at any dealer for service or parts so why do they care, it's still based on you buying something from Ford to start the process. Having to generate a repair order for every part only sales would be too time consuming and would force tax collection due to how the DMS is set up.

Ford can see RO or part invoice transactions through their eReact DMS mining so all we really need to do is have a VIN, name and address that matches the FP account the vehicle is assigned to. I'm not going to go into the exact process we use to do FP points but there are ways to sell the part, use points and not run afoul of the claiming rules. I have not heard about Ford auditing FP transactions but a dealer could technically run points for anything (Line-X) and it will likely go through since every point claim is not prescreened for qualifying elements. If Ford ever did a FP specific audit, the dealer would likely get charged back. This was the long way around of getting to the point with sales tax and why it has to be collected on certain transactions. Don't want to give the state or .gov a reason to come in and do a sales tax audit.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh....
I've had 419,110 Fordpass reward points for 2 or 3 years, never used them.

The one time I asked the local dealer service about it for an oil changes and such,
the service writer just laughed.

I hope I don't lose them.
DM your VIN and I can check for you.

Sponsored

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You, not the dealer, have to accept the terms and activate through the radio. If not done, no points. They are basically paying you to allow them to collect your data which now is being revealed that the info is being shared (probably sold) with Insurance Companies for instance. You have to accept the terms or forfeit the points.
Now the question is... is there a way to unlink?
🤔

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went around to clean out my email spam box today and noticed that Ford had cleared out all of my 262k ford reward points on March 19th ($1,300 worth!! - I purchased the bronco after a 571 day wait from reservation till delivery on 3/19/22 - I never got to use a single point). I called their Ford rewards customer service number, and said I would even be willing to open a Ford credit card to get the points back, but to no avail. (Sorry I didn't check this Ford - but you spamblast like crazy, thus this email reminder went to spam - and I missed the only important email I've received in over a year). The entire point of the reward points was to use it toward a hard top if I made the switch to a soft top (I had the modular top on order back before March of 2021 - and switched to a softtop on their promise), and they are just now allowing a few bronco customers to order the hardtop. Since my vehicle was last serviced at a dealership over a year ago (3/15/23 for windshield warranty work), they said too bad - kick rocks - we're keeping that $1,300 from you. I can live with losing out on $100 or so, but $1,300, come on!! It's not like there was ever a use it or lose it clause mentioned when receiving the points - I figured i was slowly losing it to inflation anyways.... I'm so sorry Ford that I can change my own oil, air filters, and rotate my own tires...

I write this post to inform anyone who reads it that Ford will wipe those points from your account too if you don't do anything with them for over a year - amazing vehicle - terrible customer service.
They do expire after 365 days if no activity points wise. Write to Farley, Ford does not need any more bad publicity, Bronco, Lightning, Maverick etc. have all had bad pub plus all the recalls. Stress you waited almost 2 full years while Ford held onto your deposit, the least they can do is extend the point to match your patience.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I bring a magnifying glass to the dealership.
This is a thing I'm looking forward to about AI. Having personal AI assistants to watch for and keep track of this kind of stuff.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a thing I'm looking forward to about AI. Having personal AI assistants to watch for and keep track of this kind of stuff.
Oh yeah, no way that goes sideways. "NagAI, just forget about the points! Ford won't let me use them!!" "I can't do that, Dave." 👀 :oops:

Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks - I get that it's in the fine print, however an email reminder to customers before this occurs should be a best practise by Ford. Other companies do this when points/rewards are about to expire.
They do, I received an email last month saying I had 90 days left to use or lose them (with the exact number of points I would lose included), received another email yesterday saying I had 60 days left to use or lose. Here's the body of the 90 day email--even says how to retain the at risk points.

Ford Bronco Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises. 1713362917109-0c

GMC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That sucks but is in the rules. And being it's been over 2 years since earning, I think you are SOL. The rules state 365 consecutive calendar days since at the least 2021.

Do FordPass Rewards Points Expire?
Yes. FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring.
Points expire 365 days from last activity. Activity is either gaining or losing points. So, spend points, timer resets to 365 days, earn some, timer resets to 365 etc.
They do expire after 365 days if no activity points wise.
Where are y'all seeing 365 days?
The terms on the app state Your FordPass Rewards Points balance expires and is forfeited when you have not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FPR for two (2) consecutive calendar years. What am I missing?
I have 42000 that'll be a year old next week and I'm currently waiting for another 84000 to post before purchasing an ESP.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh yeah, no way that goes sideways. "NagAI, just forget about the points! Ford won't let me use them!!" "I can't do that, Dave." 👀 :oops:
Dave would have been on top of it for the OP. "Dave, read the contract and summarize any key items I should be aware of." "Dave stay on top of that expiration situation, and bug the hell out of me when the expiration date gets close." Dave to the rescue. :)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dave would have been on top of it for the OP. "Dave, read the contract and summarize any key items I should be aware of." "Dave stay on top of that expiration situation, and bug the hell out of me when the expiration date gets close." Dave to the rescue. :)
Oh you give Ford way to much credit. Or maybe, too little. Where there's a way to screw things up, Ford will find a way! lol

Also, the quote "I can't do that Dave" is from 2001. Right before HAL tried to kill Dave... 😱 lol
Sponsored