First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up my new 2023 2 Door Bronco Sas on Monday. The tire sticker on the door says 39 psi all around. However the 35" Goodyears say max load at 35 psi. I am a stickler on pressure, and know enough to be dangerous, so in my opinion, the Ford recommendation is wrong and almost dangerous on this vehicle. Even at 35, the tires can handle a vehicle of 10,000 pounds, which would mean a rough bumpy ride and it would not have full contact with the ground. At 39, it would be worse. I am going to start at 32 front, and 30 rear and see how that does.
Ford Bronco FORD Tire sticker on my new 2023 Badlands Sas is WRONG Tire 1
Ford Bronco FORD Tire sticker on my new 2023 Badlands Sas is WRONG Tire 2
Ford Bronco FORD Tire sticker on my new 2023 Badlands Sas is WRONG Bronco 1
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Read the sidewall a bit closer. 35psi is not the max.

Also, you don't go by static weight for pressure, so they do not support 10K pounds at 35psi, unless youre talking sitting in the driveway. The official calculation is something like 1.58 or 1.56 times the weight of the vehicle, but I use 1.6 to make things easier. Of course, the sticker is based on GVWR and it's best to run your tires at your weight, not just go by the sticker, unless you don't understand all this, and then go by the sticker.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the sidewall a bit closer. 35psi is not the max.

Also, you don't go by static weight for pressure, so they do not support 10K pounds, unless your talking sitting in the driveway. The official calculation is something like 1.58 or 1.56 times the weight of the vehicle, but I use 1.6 to make things easier. Of course, the sticker is based on GVWR and it's best to run your tires at your weight, not just go by the sticker, unless you don't understand all this, and then go by the sticker.
It says permitted, but why? Someone tell me one reason why you should. There are several why you shouldn't.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It says permitted, but why? Someone tell me one reason why you should. There are several why you shouldn't.

Run them at whatever you want, but running them at the permitted psi as determined by the manufacturer is just fine.

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Run them at whatever you want, but running them at the permitted psi as determined by the manufacturer is just fine.
I agree completely that you can do with you vehicle what you want. However there have been many threads about people saying their ride is rough. As an avid off roader, I know that one of the most misunderstood things is tire pressure. I laugh all the time at people that have too much pressure in their tires and struggle up obstacles. On the F150 Raptor (I had a 2019) people say it is squirrely on the road. When questioned they always had too much air in the tires. Ford recommended 39 on the Raptor, but shipped them with 45. The general consensus among many owners was 32 - 34 psi on the road. Again, I am not telling anyone what to do, just pointing out some facts.

ryno073

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree completely that you can do with you vehicle what you want. However there have been many threads about people saying their ride is rough. As an avid off roader, I know that one of the most misunderstood things is tire pressure. I laugh all the time at people that have too much pressure in their tires and struggle up obstacles. On the F150 Raptor (I had a 2019) people say it is squirrely on the road. When questioned they always had too much air in the tires. Ford recommended 39 on the Raptor, but shipped them with 45. The general consensus among many owners was 32 - 34 psi on the road. Again, I am not telling anyone what to do, just pointing out some facts.

Sure, most people can do with less psi, but your original statement about the sticker being wrong and the pressure in the factory tires being unsafe is not true. It's also not correct that they support 10K lbs at 35 psi. That's not how weight carrying capacity is calculated. So I'm not sure what facts you are alluding to, other than many people have more pressure than they need.

The sticker is based on GVWR, not actual weight. Everyone should go by actual weight, but many don't know how to correctly figure their weight and needed pressure, so for them staying at sticker is probably best. Also, there is no magic number that fits all. The amount of weight one pound of pressure supports changes as tire size changes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, most people can do with less psi, but your original statement about the sticker being wrong and the pressure in the factory tires being unsafe is not true. It's also not correct that they support 10K lbs at 35 psi. That's not how weight carrying capacity is calculated. So I'm not sure what facts you are alluding to, other than many people have more pressure than they need.

The sticker is based on GVWR, not actual weight. Everyone should go by actual weight, but many don't know how to correctly figure their weight and needed pressure, so for them staying at sticker is probably best. Also, there is no magic number that fits all. The amount of weight one pound of pressure supports changes as tire size changes.
All true, and maybe I should have not said "wrong" but not necessary. Come up with one good reason to be at 39 psi. If you needed it for weight, you have overloaded your 2 door. There is no good reason to overinflate radial tires.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
39 is too much on the road for the stock GYs (or any tire for that matter). I run at 35 on the road and it reduces the bouncing a lot. I'd probably go lower (like 32), but then I'd have to stare at the little flat tire icon on the dash.

They recommended 39 in order to eek out another .5 mpg on the highway. With most freeways around here being 65mph (which translates to about 82mph), I don't think 4-7 PSI will make much of a difference in mileage. The refrigerator like aerodynamics of the Bronco is the real MPG killer.

I can tell you that 18PSI on the pavement is very mushy. I air down at home when going up into 7-springs, which is about 8 miles of pavement from home.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All true, and maybe I should have not said "wrong" but not necessary. Come up with one good reason to be at 39 psi. If you needed it for weight, you have overloaded your 2 door. There is no good reason to overinflate radial tires.

One good reason is when you are at or above GVWR. Not saying you should be over GVWR, but people will be, and they will need the psi for it when they do. Throw 4 adults and a small trailer on the 2 door and you will have some serious weight. Not ideal, but I've certainly hauled loads in other vehicles that were well above GVWR. Adjust PSI as needed.