North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have no doubt you are correct about the stock price, but the 5 year trend is still down. Ford will still build vehicles, Ford will still sell vehicles, but investors will continue to keep Ford at arms length.
Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring Ford 5 year chart
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As a stock owner I would like to Agree with Chrispy. With the Mach E, Bronco, and all-new F-150 due out soon there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, I'll keep buying while it's down, but the future looks bright if we can get out of our current situation and get the economy roaring again.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The 2021 Ford Bronco 4X4 will feature a 2.7 liter V6 petrol engine, along with a 10 speed automatic transmission.

OK - why does this not mention the option of a 7-speed manual :mad:
“Feature” = write the article to appeal to the broadest readership possible.
Bigger engine = good, thus “feature”.
Only old skool stalwarts (incl. me) want manuals, thus don’t mention.
10 speed auto is better than older autos and most people buy auto, thus “feature”.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If y’all think the economic repercussions of this have even begun to reflect in the stock market I’ve got some ocean front property out here in Phoenix. Interested?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a stock owner I would like to Agree with Chrispy. With the Mach E, Bronco, and all-new F-150 due out soon there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, I'll keep buying while it's down, but the future looks bright if we can get out of our current situation and get the economy roaring again.
I have no doubt in peoples convictions to purchase Ford stock and understand them loving to support their selected brand. When I look at an investment, I do a comparison to how it compares to a simple S&P 500 fund.

Here is a 5 year chart of how your money would have faired if it was invested in Ford (F) stock vs the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO) fund. Plus 31% vs negative 69%, sort of reminds you of a typical new car depreciation chart.
Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring Ford vs S&P 500

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no doubt in peoples convictions to purchase Ford stock and understand them loving to support their selected brand. When I look at an investment, I do a comparison to how it compares to a simple S&P 500 fund.

Here is a 5 year chart of how your money would have faired if it was invested in Ford (F) stock vs the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO) fund. Plus 31% vs negative 69%, sort of reminds you of a typical new car depreciation chart.
Ford Bronco Ford Update: 2021 Bronco Will Have Its World Debut This Spring Ford vs S&P 500
I think long-term ford’s stock will be a good investment. I don’t think it’s going above $6 or $7 a share for at least 2-3 years though.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

You have to remember that 40% + of those “Gains” are all TECH, companies. Tesla, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, AMD, etc. pretty much every other sector has been FLAT.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You have to remember that 40% + of those “Gains” are all TECH, companies. Tesla, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, AMD, etc. pretty much every other sector has been FLAT.
You are 100% correct, that is why I stay primarily invested in a broad market fund, Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI).

I don't care what sector is doing well or poorly at any given time, I don't care if Value stocks or Growth stocks are in cycle. I simply stay invested in the broad market and happily take the growth it gives me. I learned a long time ago the moon-shot stocks are the first go nowhere or go bankrupt and the losses you incur take years for the rest of your portfolio to recover. Trading serves one purpose, to make the brokerages commissions. If you are a full time, professional investor, who follows segments and knows their gyrations, stay the course, for the rest of us, VTI.

Sponsored

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing I that I may add as a Smiths/Morrissey fan, never trust the media. They are in it for themselves.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I that I may add as a Smiths/Morrissey fan, never trust the media. They are in it for themselves.
Morrissey regularly cancels shows. It is a running joke when he announces a new show - how long until he cancels? I hope Bronco isn't like Morrissey. :ROFLMAO:

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs