First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd really love to see some kind of money back cause. For example, No heated seat after a year, fine. But give me back the money I PAID for it.

Ford will never do that.

For me, I ordered a base with Sasquatch... I'd take delivery regardless of most things being turned off, but it depends on the details really.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My lane keep assist doesn't seem to work at all compared to the Raptor. I wonder when they started shipping bronco's without chips? The lights works fine but vibration in steering wheel and actual assist part don't do much if anything.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we know what options will be left out? Or is it still speculation city?
Because not having heated seats would suck in the winter or on bad back days for me, but I'd get by. At least I'd have a Bronco right?

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s NON-SAFETY related chips….
O yes, I forgot that everyone is honest and they dont try to take advantage of the system... Sorry.. you're right.. this will be just fine with no liability on Fords part.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ship it.
Honestly some of y’all act like you have power in this situation. You don’t. You can take delivery when it arrives or not. You’re not getting a deal on the price, you’re not getting free oil changes for life, you’re not getting free service beyond the warranty. You can take you bronco or say no and they will sell it to someone else. The dealerships don’t GAF about you. The minute you say no, they’re gonna slap an adm on that baby and sell it to someone who will happily bring it in for module install when they arrive. They will get warranty money from Ford when they install the chips. It’s a win win for ford and the dealerships. It’s non-safety related features so they’re gonna deliver them. They’re getting on a train or a truck and heading out to be sold to you or someone else. You have no power and no one at Ford cares. Period.

So much complaining. Y’all sound like a bunch of latte liberal Prius drivers. Wah wah wah 😩 Take your bronco or not. If mine comes in and it’s got an engine and driver’s seat and a steering wheel I am signing on the dotted line and driving that bitch from Dallas to Vegas where I live now. I am NOT getting back in line for this shit.
This is beautiful.😂😂😂

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many things I would gladly sacrifice but I suspect most would be deemed "safety critical". Auto start/stop gunner for sure. All the cell network data connectivity related and over the air updating I wouldn't miss and rather not have. GOAT modes I could do without as long as one had control to switch into the different transfer case and locker selections. I would be fine with non back-up camera. I would be absolutely fine without backup and side warning sensors. I am fine without emergency auto breaking. I am fine without nannies reminding me about seatbelts. I would also be fine without traction control and fine without any stability assist features. Heck I would go as far to say I rather not have antilock brakes. And when it comes down to it, I probably wouldn't miss air bags.
How about the door is ajar melody,or the turn signal tune???

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My lane keep assist doesn't seem to work at all compared to the Raptor. I wonder when they started shipping bronco's without chips? The lights works fine but vibration in steering wheel and actual assist part don't do much if anything.
They already have most of the 2022's if not all that have the electronic temp controls lost the number in the dial which is more than likely a missing chip. Of course just my opinion and .02

Sponsored

Mo’ Money Mo’ Broncos

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell them to hold on to it until they have all the chips?
Tell them to put all chips in the ones that have been sitting outside before putting “critical chips” in new builds that will be sent out incomplete.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Meanwhile bronco production goes on 1500+ per week with 2000 chips each. Car chips are mostly made in Japan. IDK Never heard of those materials needed. Car chips are micro silicon chips. Please Explain where neon and palladium is used?
Ford has a supply for at least a while. Could be tight but a supply.
Here you go...
The noble gas Neon is used in the critical laser lithography process in semiconductor manufacturing. This process is used to etch patterns on silicon, which is fundamental to producing computer chips. Palladium is used for the pins that conduct electricity on a chip.
https://www.livemint.com/industry/m...-for-indian-device-makers-11646147825905.html

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you do this on the f150, the button will have a blank and your window sticker will reflect a decrease in mpg.
Impossible. 90% of the people in this thread say it's useless.

On my 21 I had to enable Alert + Aid and crank up the intensity to get it to be more useful.

TSGT_Rosado

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma SR5/ Lexus IS250 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
100% agree BUT bronco6g likes to complain and go against the grain at every opportunity. If Ford holds vehicles for chips then bronco6g gets angry and if they release them while waiting for chips then bronco6g still gets angry. No matter what Ford can’t win
You are absolutely correct, people will always complain. I’ll take my drivable Bronco any day instead of waiting a year +. For those complaining, it’s simple… When your Bronco shows missing chips, don’t buy it. With the parts or without the parts dealers will sell them without hesitation.

Xcmtbrcr

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 16 Toyota LC and jag epace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll gladly donate the auto start/ stop chip from my Bronco to Ford and they won’t even owe me a replacement. That’s one feature that’s as useless as screen doors on a submarine.
Useless?? I think you might be saying annoying, b/c it is useful for fuel efficiency standards for Ford and others (the alternatives would really upset you?). It's very effective/useful for that. Sounds like the disarm button is a hassle to remember to push or is an affront to perhaps your need to burn 'useless' gas while stopped? 4D tea makes a permanent disarm switch that might be useful for your purposes.
Sponsored